IGNORED

I'm Backing City

redrocks

I know the summer offers a dearth of decent stories, especially given the lack of transfer action so far, but who thought up this series exactly? It would be something to get frisky about if it were on the Gas site, but this is the BCFC site, isn't it? How is this news??

Not wishing to throw stones without coming up with some alternative stories, it might be good if each of the players wrote us a "What I did in my holidays" essay. If you throw in the backroom staff and all that, we should get some decent stories and perhaps some decent gossip for a change. And it would see us through at least a month or so.

Or how about a "Through The Keyhole" type series where Red Goblin is sent in to rifle through the players' possessions and we try and guess whose house it is.

Any other ideas to alleviate the estival tedium?

:bored:

I've just had to look up a word on dictionary.com and now I know what "estival" means. Thanks. :aok2:

Maybe this could answer your question. They could run a "Call my bluff" type competition. For example, did Gary Johnson really say "All the fans want a load of estival signings but I'm happy to wait for September"?

Which player mis-used the word "arachnophobia" when describing his fear of cagoules?

Might pass the time....

To be honest the website goes downhill big time in the summer! A whole article on Dolman Seats, spin off after spin off on GaryJohnsons pro licence award.

I'm backing city is a joke! I cant beleive theyve got 31 people to actually email in! (no offence to anyone who has). every answer is along the same lines.

I'm backing City because...we are in the Championship now

Any other ideas to alleviate the estival tedium?

:bored:

I agree about the I'm Backing City series. The basic message is: I've bought a season ticket for City because I...er...am a City fan and that's the sort of thing I do.

New ideas are needed, along the lines of, for example:

I'm Backing City to spend less time with my family.

Steve Lansdown called me a lazy git and told me to get off my butt.

I'm an alcoloholic and it keeps me out of the pub for a couple of hours.

I just want to go along and heckle that new announcer chappy.

Elvis told me to do it.

Oliver Cromwell told me to do it.

Just spat Shreddies everywhere, this is the funniest thread I've read in ages. I've been struck too by the pointlessness of this new series of 'news' stories too.

Not to knock the participants but what exactly do they get out of having their name displayed in this way? Given the high likelihood that City fans support City, anyone who volunteers to restate this fact just sounds a bit odd like they're probably the kind of person who participate in surveys and tiebreak competitions and bound excitedly towards people with clipboards in shopping centres.

Do you a) back City b) don't back City c) undecided. And this is a news story? Coming next week: 'City fan - I sit on a plastic seat' followed perhaps by 'City fan - I see grass' or 'City fan - I read the programme' all accompanied by some pithy quote and an over-used random piece of stock photography of completely unrelated City fans (backing City, obviously, for those who don't read the stories).

Just spat Shreddies everywhere, this is the funniest thread I've read in ages. I've been struck too by the pointlessness of this new series of 'news' stories too.

Not to knock the participants but what exactly do they get out of having their name displayed in this way? Given the high likelihood that City fans support City, anyone who volunteers to restate this fact just sounds a bit odd like they're probably the kind of person who participate in surveys and tiebreak competitions and bound excitedly towards people with clipboards in shopping centres.

Do you a) back City b) don't back City c) undecided. And this is a news story? Coming next week: 'City fan - I sit on a plastic seat' followed perhaps by 'City fan - I see grass' or 'City fan - I read the programme' all accompanied by some pithy quote and an over-used random piece of stock photography of completely unrelated City fans (backing City, obviously, for those who don't read the stories).

It would be far funnier to have a 'villification' special, entitled Why I'm Not Backing City, where 'outspoken' City fans are given the opportunity to speak ill of our beloved club, before being strapped into a chair, whilst their eyes are forced open by a collection of matchstick like pins, in a scene reminiscent of the torture reconditioning in 'A Clockwork Orange'. The victims would have to face a cinema type screen eminating whale music, whilst an image of Colin Sexstone appears, adorned by flowers, echoing the mantra, "Love Bristol City. Love Bristol City. Love Bristol City. Love Bristol City. Love Bristol City. Love Bristol City. Love Bristol City. Love Bristol City."

To be honest the website goes downhill big time in the summer! A whole article on Dolman Seats, spin off after spin off on GaryJohnsons pro licence award.

I'm backing city is a joke! I cant beleive theyve got 31 people to actually email in! (no offence to anyone who has). every answer is along the same lines.

I'm backing City because...we are in the Championship now

Exactly - Silly season on the OS. :disapointed2se:

It got more interesting with the players back & doing interviews.

I haven't opened any of the 'backing City' articles as it is cheese. If thats all the club can come up with to say how 'Lovely' & 'fan friendly' we are then DaveL has some work to do....... :fingerscrossed:

"whar we did on our summer holidays" - starting with Lansdown & Sexstone - top features.

Archived