IGNORED

Here Is The Signing Of The Season!

james.woodward

Robbie Fowler! Here is a 20+ per season striker who is available on a free and who is currently considering a move to Port Vale?! Wouldn't he be a fantastic signing for City? Don't forget, he is in the top 5 premiership strikers of all time! Discuss....

Robbie Fowler is past it and would cost too much in wages and ruin the morale of the team, so a definite NO. :disapointed2se:

Robbie Fowler is past it and would cost too much in wages and ruin the morale of the team, so a definite NO. :disapointed2se:

Why would it ruin morale at the club? We would be showing GREAT ambition if we signed Fowler. And even though he may not be as fit as he once was, he still has phenominal finishing ability (gaols:mins on pitch for Liverpool last season was best at the club and certainly one of the best in the league!) and lets not forget - City are not in the Premiership yet, so Fowler is supremely capable of scoring plenty of goals for us!

not sure that he's past it at this level mate, he's never had amazing pace so that's not an issue. There's no garantee that he'll upset team spirit, potential to have an uplifting spirit as the young lads can learn a lot from him. I've never heard fowler referred to as bein g a bellamy character with far too much to say, i always thought he's quite a nice bloke (through limited media interviews etc).

Why would it ruin morale at the club? We would be showing GREAT ambition if we signed Fowler. And even though he may not be as fit as he once was, he still has phenominal finishing ability (gaols:mins on pitch for Liverpool last season was best at the club and certainly one of the best in the league!) and lets not forget - City are not in the Premiership yet, so Fowler is supremely capable of scoring plenty of goals for us!

yes i see what you are saying but if he is on over or double the wages of the rest of our players then it will obviously upset the rest of the players.

When colchester signed sheringham all the other players demanded to be put on the transfer list because it is not fair on them to just have some golden oldie come in and earn way more than them when they lack pace and are past it (imo).

but if he is on over or double the wages of the rest of our players then it will obviously upset the rest of the players

Well, I don't think that Robbie would demand that much money as he is already pretty well off and he has shown in the past that if he feels a club is right for him, he will take substantial pay cuts: as he did last season! Also, it is in tthe other player's interest to have Fowler at the club, cos he can help get us into the Premiership (or at least get close to it!)

Well, I don't think that Robbie would demand that much money as he is already pretty well off and he has shown in the past that if he feels a club is right for him, he will take substantial pay cuts: as he did last season! Also, it is in tthe other player's interest to have Fowler at the club, cos he can help get us into the Premiership (or at least get close to it!)

trust me, if we sign fowler (which i am pretty sure we wont) then he will be a total let down, as good as he was he just has not got it anymore and would be no more than a benchwarmer at the club, i think if we are going to get a striker in it needs to be a younger striker who is still going to be good in at least a couple of seasons after.

Robbie Fowler! Here is a 20+ per season striker who is available on a free and who is currently considering a move to Port Vale?! Wouldn't he be a fantastic signing for City? Don't forget, he is in the top 5 premiership strikers of all time! Discuss....

The last time he hit 20+ was 1996/7

In the last three seasons his highest appearances was 16...

How he's going to score 20+ goals in 16 appearances I'll never know.

We'd be stupid to sign Fowler, as already mentioned he'd be a bit part player on massive wages.

I'd much rather sign somebody who had a future at our club.

We don't need to spend huge money or pay big wages to get a decent striker either, just look at Cureton last year (Free), and Kevin Doyle the year before (75k).

Discuss....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - How many frickin times do we have to discuss this? It isnt the signing of the season, its the dumbest transfer suggestion of the CENTURY. We want hungry players who want to play for the club, not some half decent player from yesteryear who was only good until he earnt enough money to live off.

Now will people please stop this Robbie Fowler transfer talk rubbish- it is getting so so so boring.

Archived