IGNORED

Interesting Read Today..........

Dolman Block B

WDP says Port Vale are keen to do a deal for ROBBIE FOWLER, although cant afford the £8000 a week offered by Cardiff.

Gets me thinking.

Ok, Fowler is a free agent to do as he likes, and £8000 compared to what he has left Liverpool on (£20,000+ ?) is a serious pay reduction, but he,s very wealthy man, and I'm sure will move to a championship club.

So,although this point has been raised on the forum recently, would it perhaps be worth the club taking a chance on him for say, 1 season?

£8000 would probably be over the clubs pay threshold, but not by much for sure!!!

Undoubted proven goalscorer, who may like to move his family down to the west country?

Worth aving a chat about anyway guy,s............so please do.

Arny - not sure he is GJ's type of player in that GJ wants to bring people in who will grow with the team rather than high profile "stop gap" solutions, which he specifically refered to in his recent interview on world- while it would be good to see Fowler in the shirt I doubt very much it will be on Gj's agenda- unless of course he was double bluffing.

Arny - not sure he is GJ's type of player in that GJ wants to bring people in who will grow with the team rather than high profile "stop gap" solutions, which he specifically refered to in his recent interview on world- while it would be good to see Fowler in the shirt I doubt very much it will be on Gj's agenda- unless of course he was double bluffing.

Morning MD.

Think you hit the nail on the head mate by saying " Johnson type player".

I think that as well, but the guy will move to another championship club and come up against City!!!!

I wouldnt mind at all, if his was running around with a City shirt on!!!!

Morning MD.

Think you hit the nail on the head mate by saying " Johnson type player".

I think that as well, but the guy will move to another championship club and come up against City!!!!

I wouldnt mind at all, if his was running around with a City shirt on!!!!

Hi Arn. Doesn' t Stewart come to mind. When he signed, a lot of fans were happy, so if someone like Fowler signed and did not produce, what do you think this forum would come out with?

Yes he would put bums on seats but Fowler is not Johnsons type of player he always goes for young up and coming players who would have a future at the club not just one season wonders..

Also the money Fowler would be on (reportedly 8k+ a wk) would upset the wage structure within the club and quite rightly pee a few of our team off..

Also i think he is past his best and could you honestly see him trying to keep up with Ivan to get on the end of one of his crosses..

Sorry Robbie No Thanks

Hi Arn. Doesn' t Stewart come to mind. When he signed, a lot of fans were happy, so if someone like Fowler signed and did not produce, what do you think this forum would come out with?

If you follow that logic we would never sign a "top class player" in case they don't meet our expectations.

Too much like Jevons for him to be useful - that's what I feel - speed gone - lack of acceleration - needs to feed off big man scraps - would rather have Jevons than a one year not going to add much in terms of variety big wage (in comparison). We heed 2 big uns (Brooker/Enoch) 1 Goal poacher type (Jevons) and a couple of speed merchants - JMW + ??

Plummer has skill not sure about speed and goal scoring prowess but definitely a keeper with a view to developing his style (Orr midfielder now developing as right back) etc...

FingerBob coming in is a big un and from what I've read is a goal scorer and bit more nippy than Jevo and Brooker - so again a player we can use.

Fowler unfortuantely coming to AG would be a risk (small or large - but none the less a risk) to unsettling the squad (don't think he would because I don't think he's that type of chap) but coupled with his wages, lack of variety and wages would lead me to suspect that he's not going to be coming to AG.

Guest ashtonyate
That rules Trundle out then, he also is over 30 and earning a pile. i think it is more likely he will sign someone mid 20's who can give us their best years, not their last years.

I think though, that Fowler given a proper run, and not in a rotation system, would be a significant player at our level.

why the hell are we talking about trundle he is not the type of player we are looking for we want a target man not a player like trundel.

I think if we had a big commanding forward up front it would help Jevons and the rest of the attack.

A player like jevon needs some one who can lay off balls to him which he never had last season. Also he would hold up the ball and stop it going strait back down the field putting our defence under pressure

As for Fowler he would not come down here to play to many Clubs around his area would take him.

If Johnson is interested in Wanchope then he'll be interested in Fowler too, so "not being a GJ type of player" is actually just poo on a stick. Money shouldnt be an issue, and he can certaintly still score. Rather than upset the team, do you not think a lot of the players will worship the ground he walks on as hes a living legend? Orr and Jevons especially!

If he's up for it I don't see why not!

In my opinion Fowler is still a premiership player. Ok he's not as fast as he was BUT like Matt Lettisier when he was at Southampton I think he can have another season or two in the Premiership so I think he will end up going to Austrailia where he level of football is good but slightly slower. So I cannot see Fowler being in England next season.

Robbie Fowler to Port Vale, that is just terrible. turned down a contract at Liverpool for Port Vale.

i mean also the houses there is a load of s**** :innocent06:

thought he was not offered a new contract, so there for has to find a new club, he did not turn down liverpool.

From what I've heard this side of the bridge yes he's been offered 8K a week but also a whopping bonus if Cardiff get promoted ot the Premiership. Rumour has it around 800K!

Now thiking about this how do you think the other players would feel if it's true?? One player does not make a team

Forum rape probably Brian, but just his name and presence makes me..... :shocking:

With all due respect to M Stewart, Fowler in another league mate.

No Thank.

Fowler agents comments following Port Vale's interest in Fowler of "well I've had a few good nights out in Stoke so I'm sure Robbie will be interested"

say everything for me.

The drinking culture is long gone from this club, we don't want it back.

Archived