IGNORED

Matty Hill

EmersonsKev

Top bloke. Was PNE's player of the year last season. I bet he can't wait to come back to the Gate on the last day of the season

He was a suprised winner of PNE player of the season. His return to the Gate is something I am looking forward to next season. Always plays with the biggest smile you'll ever see on his face.

Looks like West Brom are looking at making a move for Matty Hill to replace Paul Robinson. Club could be in for another windfall from the sale of an acadamy graduate. Good luck to Matty if it does come off. Matty is one of the most pleasent footballers i've had the privilege to meet.

West Brom's Teamtalk

Top bloke he is! I met him in town once when he was out with coles, aaron brown and other drinkers. They were drunk and he was drinking OJ talking to city fans.

Guest ashtonyate
I agree.

I was always of the opinion that he couldn't hold down a first team place at that level and said so many times - to me he looked a bit dodgy at the back in his early days. But I was wrong and he's stepped up a gear that I didn't believe he had, a few gears in fact.

And to get player of the year with some of the players that Preston have in their team is no mean feat.

Hopefully, some of our current players can emulate him and step up to the level required.

MH is a nice lad who give 100% every single game, the best of luck to him and I've no doubt that a warm reception awaits him at Ashton Gate.

Yes I agree i thought that but fair play to him It shows if you play with class some of it rubs off

Top bloke he is! I met him in town once when he was out with coles, aaron brown and other drinkers. They were drunk and he was drinking OJ talking to city fans.

Sadly herein lies the lesson GJ has been preaching, OJ and championship football for Matty, a lad who has grafted at his game, relative obscurity for too many others.

Sadly herein lies the lesson GJ has been preaching, OJ and championship football for Matty, a lad who has grafted at his game, relative obscurity for too many others.

Yeah I agree. I'd have loved to have seen what GJ would've done with the squad Wilson had at his disposal. Wonder if he could've turned Coles or Doherty from boozehound's to the top player's we all knew they could be...

He was a suprised winner of PNE player of the season. His return to the Gate is something I am looking forward to next season. Always plays with the biggest smile you'll ever see on his face.

Our best academy graduate by far. be good to see him back at the Gate.

Just thinking about that, who would everyone prefer?

McCallister or Matty?

Imagine the defensive and heading capabilities of Hill with the passing, and crossing range of McCallister!?

I'd prefer McCallister, but i'd have Matty Hill back any day. I'd have him at centre back, but switch him to left back if JM got injured.......

I'd prefer McCallister, but i'd have Matty Hill back any day. I'd have him at centre back, but switch him to left back if JM got injured.......

Ah ...but does McCallister know how to handball in the area as well as Matty could?

Only joking of course ...it was all part of a learning curve for Mr Hill and he has gone on from strength to strength

Do we know if there are any sell on's?

Just thinking about that, who would everyone prefer?

McCallister or Matty?

Imagine the defensive and heading capabilities of Hill with the passing, and crossing range of McCallister!?

Mac is one hell of a player, but I'd have matty Hill back like a shot. him Louis and Boom boom, what a defence we'd have then. no offence Mac, but Matty was one of our finest recent products.

Mac is one hell of a player, but I'd have matty Hill back like a shot. him Louis and Boom boom, what a defence we'd have then. no offence Mac, but Matty was one of our finest recent products.

Absolutely cracking lad with it, genuine nice fella.

Ex City players tend to go into two camps coming back to our place with their current team

1. Those who have earned the respect of us all who are welcomed back and applauded on/off.

2. Those who have earned the disrespect who are roundly barracked and rightly so.

Mr Hill is a cemented into category one as you get and I look forward to seeing him back. Great player.

Ah ...but does McCallister know how to handball in the area as well as Matty could?

Only joking of course ...it was all part of a learning curve for Mr Hill and he has gone on from strength to strength

You make a good point, my memories of matty are mainly good, but he did give away a few daft pen's in his time and was probably a bit gullible at times.

Our problem seems to be players iron out their errors here.

Looks like West Brom are looking at making a move for Matty Hill to replace Paul Robinson. Club could be in for another windfall from the sale of an acadamy graduate. Good luck to Matty if it does come off. Matty is one of the most pleasent footballers i've had the privilege to meet.

West Brom's Teamtalk

matty hill as just extended his contract with preston for an extra 2 years

Archived