IGNORED

Twisting The Figures

punnett

How come that 2 weeks ago the club said that there was nearly 10,000 STs sold and now they are saying that over 9,000 have been sold, does that mean 9001 or 9999, either way the figure is a massive disappointment

surely saying they are "nearing the 10,000 mark" was just a way to scare anyone who hasnt yet bought one, into buying one asap before the prices go up

surely saying they are "nearing the 10,000 mark" was just a way to scare anyone who hasnt yet bought one, into buying one asap before the prices go up

i think the reason the club claimed to have sold more than they had was to justify that putting the prices up as much as they did hadn't affected how many fans would be attending. Either way, they've told a white lie. I wouldn't be suprised if it was now close to the 8500 mark.

How come that 2 weeks ago the club said that there was nearly 10,000 STs sold and now they are saying that over 9,000 have been sold, does that mean 9001 or 9999, either way the figure is a massive disappointment

nearly 10000, over 9000, yes that does mean a figure somwhere inbetween :doh:

Why is it a massive disappointment anyways?

i think the reason the club claimed to have sold more than they had was to justify that putting the prices up as much as they did hadn't affected how many fans would be attending. Either way, they've told a white lie. I wouldn't be suprised if it was now close to the 8500 mark.

Of course its a white lie, but how many little porky pies have we been fed down the years....kind of got used to them now.

I would think "true fans" ST sold is close to what they were last season.

8000 tickets in league one is an excellent return.

10000 should have been the lowest figure in Championship. CS wanted 10000 at the inflated price so he could meet his revenue target.

Surely we should be looking at 12000 + for Championship, but 10000 to CS is just as good (if not better) than 12000 + at a 10/15% increase.

Where fans are concerned loyalty is not a word in the CS dictionary.

We can only hope that the 10000 + figure is reached within the next month. But there seem to be quite a few ST holders that haven't renewed from last season.

I suppose the club have cocntacted these missing ticket holders?

nearly 10000, over 9000, yes that does mean a figure somwhere inbetween :doh:

Why is it a massive disappointment anyways?

Because Sextone said it would be, hopefully when only 10,000 turn up for the second home game of the season against Scunny the short-sighted fool will fall on his sword

9,200 I think - so Sexstone will be in the firing line.

He stated some time ago, when defending the rises, that anything less than 10,000 would be a big disappoinment.

the 9,200 will include the premier club, sponsors etc etc.

I would think "true fans" ST sold is close to what they were last season.

Because Sextone said it would be, hopefully when only 10,000 turn up for the second home game of the season against Scunny the short-sighted fool will fall on his sword

Yeps cant deny 10'000 was the magic number quoted, you cant help but think if we had a tad more luck with signings so far we would have reached that number a week or two ago, hey-ho, around the transfer merry-go-round we go..

Naismith was number 1 key target, had we signed him i think a lot of fans would have been more happy to shell out the extra on their ST.

Curse greedy agents, money and bigger clubs, it allways seems to make signing quality additions tragically difficult.

Still, can't grumble just yet, Ivan is in, hopefully fingerbob will impress GJ and the lads, and we'll impress him too.

• Admin

10000 should have been the lowest figure in Championship. CS wanted 10000 at the inflated price so he could meet his revenue target.

Surely we should be looking at 12000 + for Championship, but 10000 to CS is just as good (if not better) than 12000 + at a 10/15% increase.

We can only hope that the 10000 + figure is reached within the next month. But there seem to be quite a few ST holders that haven't renewed from last season.

Richie, slightly wandering off topic, are you still an FCC member?, does the FCC still exist and if so, does it actually achieve anything?

The club never actually said they'd sold 10,000, they said they'd broken 8,000 and were "well on the way". It was typical spin.

Agree with that Richie and it's disappointing that we haven't sold more. I firmly believe we could have been looking at 12k without the price hike.

I'd be concerned that many of the "new" season ticket holders are in fact people who attended 15+ games anyway last season and are buying a season ticket because of the match day price hike.

If we don't average significantly more home fans than last season then the club should take a long hard look at that decision.

Well I think its absolutely pathetic and retarded that we can take 40,000 to finals and pack out AG for big/promotion games but not sell easily over 10,000 ST's after getting promotion.

Its kinda dissapointing really as it shows how little a club we are in the big picture.

Richie, slightly wandering off topic, are you still an FCC member?, does the FCC still exist and if so, does it actually achieve anything?

Ticket numbers the general topic :blush:

My details need updating, I gave the FCF up, as it wasn't really a consultancy forum, more a fans meeting to OK the decisions that the club had already decided to make.

Dave Wenn tried to open things up, but he left.

Not sure if it's still active.

Archived