IGNORED

The Squad-taking Shape?

Bristol Boy

I quite like the look of this line up on paper but it may not work. In the similar 4-3-2-1 formation to what Manchester United and Chelsea used last season with Sproule and McIndoe playing the Ronaldo/Giggs or Robben/Kalou roles and Brooker (if fit) can be our Wayne Rooney!! I can dream can't i!!

Basso

Orr Carey McCombe McAllister

Russell Skuse Noble

Sproule McIndoe

Brooker

Subs from : Weale, Fontaine, Keogh, Wilson, Betsy, Murray, Jevons, Enoch, Johnson, Plummer, J. Wilson, JMW, Artus,

• Admin
In regards to the selections debate, consider this.

SL's interview on the BCFC site, states that WHOEVER we sign will be BETTER than what we have, we don't need more players of the same standard.

To me that indicates Sproule and Mcindoe will be long odds on for first pick selections. Likewise Finnbogason, if he is given a contract we can assume he is better than what we have.We already have Showumni, Jevons, Williams, Plummer and Brooker on the books. Finnbogason by SL's definition, will only get a contract if he's better than the 5 forwards we have.

If he gets his contract, that should send a real wake up call to the other 5, especially if GJ plays a 4-4-1-1 formation.

Basso

Wilson Carey McCombe McAllister

Sproule Johnson Skuse Mcindoe

Noble

Finnbogason.

Something like that gives us plenty of speed around the pitch, we will need it.

My interpretation of that only applies to the major cash signings though.

Finnbogason would only require a relatively small compensation figure so can see him signing if GJ feels he shows the potential to be better rather than actually being better from the off.

True enough, however I think if you give any of our back 4 more options they will opt for the shorter pass. I was wondering about Carey before, mainly because I really can't see Keogh just being cover and an "off the bench" player much longer. It's nice for us to have so many options but not great for the individuals involved necessarily. Keogh would hope to be a first team regular by the end of this season, IMO.

I agree entirely and it was touch and go last season. As Keogh gets into his 21st year and Carey into the 30's, the gap will close and Keogh will gain the ascendancy. Either way the club wins.

I agree entirely and it was touch and go last season. As Keogh gets into his 21st year and Carey into the 30's, the gap will close and Keogh will gain the ascendancy. Either way the club wins.

My only concern would be Keogh not having signed the new contract yet-Sounds like a player keeping his options open.

IMHO Plummer & Williams will be fringe players at best, unless we have major injury worries and with SB & ES having problems in that dept that could well happen.They could go out on loan if all goes well.Jevons wasn't good enough last year and I can't see how that's going to change.

Nobles injury is more worrying in many ways as we don't have a replacement for him in a 4-4-1-1 and that could mean 4-4-2 & a flatter 4-5-1 away.

Thankyou, but that has nothing to do with my post. As to yours, groin injuries are slow to heal, but I feel we have enough time between now and the August start for his "slight" groin injury..

Our 2 wide signings give a solid indication of touchline attack, formations are a week to week situation, as we both know.

I quite like the look of this line up on paper but it may not work. In the similar 4-3-2-1 formation to what Manchester United and Chelsea used last season with Sproule and McIndoe playing the Ronaldo/Giggs or Robben/Kalou roles and Brooker (if fit) can be our Wayne Rooney!! I can dream can't i!!

Basso

Orr Carey McCombe McAllister

Russell Skuse Noble

Sproule McIndoe

Brooker

Subs from : Weale, Fontaine, Keogh, Wilson, Betsy, Murray, Jevons, Enoch, Johnson, Plummer, J. Wilson, JMW, Artus,

If you think Brooker's going to be fit and GJ won't play LJ, think again!

My only concern would be Keogh not having signed the new contract yet-Sounds like a player keeping his options open.

For this season we have him. Next season is another story, and we have the 6ft 4ins junior Wilson arriving quickly.

If you think Brooker's going to be fit and GJ won't play LJ, think again!

I didn't say that this is what i thought the line up will be. I just said it looked good on paper. Its what i would try on Football Manager if you like. Nothing serious. I'm not Lee Johnson's biggest fan and surely i wasnt the only one shouting at GJ to take his son off because he couldnt pass to his own team mates on a number of occassions last season!!

i think we need a :

left back(cover)

a target striker (finnbogason)

a fast striker(???)

So do I. I hadn't given lb much thought, but if McAllister is out we would be sorely exposed.Fontaine did ok in League1, but it's a gulf to Championship standards.My only other addition might be a holding/defensive midfielder, esp if Skuse does go.

Archived