IGNORED

Michael Mcindoe

middlesex tyke

As a Barnsley fan, I was very surprised to hear that you have signed McIndoe. Not because I didn't think you could attract a player of his (undoubted) quality, but because it just didn't seem to make sense.

You may well wonder why the hell a Barnsley fan gives a monkeys about McIndoe. The simple answer is that he left Barnsley under a cloud last season, having signed in the close season following our promotion. He'd been at Doncaster before that, played some decent games, especially against us and during their cup runs when the beat Man City and nearly beat Arsenal. He always seemed to play in the big games apparently, looking for a move to a bigger club. The season before he'd been on loan at Derby, but they didn't want to make it perm, so after our promotion via the Playoffs he signed for us.

In our first few month in the Championship, he was by far our best player, he's such a strong player, can shoot from anywhere and can cross like few players I've seen (at our level anyway). So, when we found out that he'd moved to Wolves in November (not long after scoring when we beat Leeds Utd at Oakwell, thus giving his almost instant legend status) we were all in shock. Why would he sign a 3 year contract for a Championship team and then jump ship at the first opportunity?

So, having gone to Wolves and done very well there by all accounts, he's moving again (and again within 6 months), only this time perhaps not to a "bigger club" as was his excuse when he left us. I say that not having a pop at Bristol in any way, your club is about the same as Barnsley in terms of size, maybe bigger in terms of potential.

It would be easy to say, "well, Wolves are bigger than Barnsley, no brianer", but there was always more to it than that. We looked back at his history, and it seemed he'd left Yeovil in similar circumstances. It subsequently turned out that McIndoe's head was so big, he could hardly get through the changing room door at Oakwell. Despite his obvious talent, or perhaps because of, he was hated almost universally by the Barnsley players, and in the end they were glad to see the back of him. I don't know for sure, but there must be a reason why wolves let him go. His own ambition would normally be pushing him towards the premiership. Has he been at it again, unsettling the changing room at Wolves which has resulted in the shove?

Only time will tell, but you've got yourselves a precocious little footballer there, one that we undoubtedly win you games, but who will need some serious management from Johnson. I know Johnson is a good manager, so perhaps he'll manage him properly. But don't be surprised if McIndoe has insisted on a clause in his contract so he can get out as soon as he's upset people, because that's exactly what he had at barnsley.

Many Barnsley fans would have him back like a shot, but I personally am glad his move has taken him even further away from Oakwell.

Good luck next season- I think you'll be the surprise package for what its worth.

He left under a storm cloud when he was at Yeovil, with GJ manager bak then.

Maybe he wants to further his career as far as possible, and chose us because we can grant him first team football when Wolves can't. He wanted to give a shot at Wolves, a big club in terms of this league, however he didn't make the grade. Whether he wants to leave in January after having a very successful 6 months then who knows? But for now, I'm looking forward to see some great pace/skill down our left side.

Interesting read, But a few of points.

First of all, Having read alot about him over the last 24 hours, I don't believe that he caused any trouble what so ever whilst at Wolves and was well liked by their fans. He made a comment on the Wolves site about not having a bad word to say about anybody at the club - fans, players and management.

Secondly I believe his real reasons for leaving were that we have made Wolves a decent offer, Mick McCarthy has accepted it as they have already signed Jarvis and McIndoe probably thinks he would be playing second fiddle to Jarvis for most of the season. McCarthy may have even been up front with him and said, You've more chance of getting in at City......

Thirdly, I honestly don't believe that GJ would have signed him if he had demanded a minimum fee release clause (Or something similar) in his contract as he doesnt sign players who are'nt 100% committed to Bristol City - Just ask Jermaine Easter.

This player is going to generate a whole s hitload of comment in his time here. certainly controversial at Yeovil, Barnsley, and Wolves.

I wonder if this could have been another Marcus Stewart type incident or two, or is the guy a misunderstood genius, or is he a pratt of the finest order. Lets sincerley hope its not the latter folks.

Like Stewart who was a great player too, in his day, I reckon this is going to run and run.

GJ's obviously a guy he respects, you don't sign for someone twice if you don't. I really don't think it's a problem with GJ here as it's clear they work well together.

middlesex tyke, serious question, are you worried that your manager isn't able to manage "difficult" players? And are you concerned by the lack of ambition your club has shown partly by letting players like McCindoe go and partly by your signings this season?

GJ's obviously a guy he respects, you don't sign for someone twice if you don't. I really don't think it's a problem with GJ here as it's clear they work well together.

middlesex tyke, serious question, are you worried that your manager isn't able to manage "difficult" players? And are you concerned by the lack of ambition your club has shown partly by letting players like McCindoe go and partly by your signings this season?

Well, I probably would have been if we still had the manager that was involved when McIndoe signed and subsequently left, but he was sacked soon after. Andy Ritchie was a hero to me, but he couldn't cut it at Championship level, or at least, depending on your viewpoint, he wasn't given time to.

We now have an inexperienced manager, but he kept us up and has signed some quality players this summer, and I genuinely expect us to be midtable this season.

Its seriously not easy in this league, but I think you'll do alright. Its a huge leap however from League One, you need a big squad with plenty of quality. Look at Leeds- they had some awesome players last season, although there were other factors in play obviously.

Hey thanks for the insight, it will certainly be interesting to see how GJ manages him, firstly, they must have a decent amount of respect for each other, and hopefully we can keep him and his ambitions fulfilled in Bristol.

Sounds to me like hes very ambitious though, this talk of a release cluase for a "bigger club" means hes got a high opinion of himslelf, which is not a problem for me at all if he can deliver the goods, which he is clearly capable of, and has done so to Yeovil, Barnsley and Wolves detriment in some ways by leaving for pastures new.

So in some ways we might be forgiven for hoping he plays quite average and attracts zero attention, but really i would much prefer he plays out of his skin and sets the club on fire!

I'm confident GJ will get the best from him, the same goes for Ivan, We seem to be building a team soon capable of putting genuine fear into teams now(expecially full backs), Dam, are we building the new old Wimboldon?

Quality if we are.. :dance:

We now have an inexperienced manager, but he kept us up and has signed some quality players this summer, and I genuinely expect us to be midtable this season.

Oh forgot about your change of manager, meh.

Really though, if we'd signed the players you have this summer, we'd (this forum) have kicked off big style. Are you genuinely happy with them? Except Kozluk, he'll be good.

This player is going to generate a whole s hitload of comment in his time here. certainly controversial at Yeovil, Barnsley, and Wolves.

I wonder if this could have been another Marcus Stewart type incident or two, or is the guy a misunderstood genius, or is he a pratt of the finest order. Lets sincerley hope its not the latter folks.

Like Stewart who was a great player too, in his day, I reckon this is going to run and run.

The difference being McIndoe is in his prime and Stewart was at the end of his career.

If anyone can, Johnson can.

Just look what he's done for David Noble.....rotting in the bottom league with Boston

Quoted in Gazza's autobiography of bering the most gifted footballer outside of the premiership but his head wasn't right..

He was without doubt one of the players of the season for us and now playing where he can showcase his talent, in the Championship.

don't think this will go on and on, McIndoe has been signed by Johnson and he knows what he is getting, Stewart was just one of many players who Johnson either didn't rate as a player or didn't feel had the right attitude, there was a number of them bombed out the door and stewart was just one of them.

looking at the players who he got shot off, none of them have done anything of significant note to have proved johnson wrong

I think the interesting thing is that we have been led to believe ( i have anyway) that Johnson cant handle players with a bit of "personality". Well if he can get the best out of players such as Mcindoe then who knows where we will be in a couple of years.

I would NEVER compare our manager with the likes of Clough, but Clough was the master of bringing in troublesome players from elsewhere and getting the best out of them. We will see what happens here and if Johnson can do a similar thing ?

Guess we will have to wait till xmas time to see if it is working.

If anyone can, Johnson can.

Just look what he's done for David Noble.....rotting in the bottom league with Boston

Quoted in Gazza's autobiography of bering the most gifted footballer outside of the premiership but his head wasn't right..

He was without doubt one of the players of the season for us and now playing where he can showcase his talent, in the Championship.

Agreed, and he has helped Bradley Orr focus his natural passion and grit into improving his game in leaps and bounds, rejuvenated Scotty and given players a sense of togetherness and unity.After Tinnion and Wilson, his approach is an ultra-professional breath of fresh air.He will get the best out of McIndoe and Sproule, I am sure.

Oh forgot about your change of manager, meh.

Really though, if we'd signed the players you have this summer, we'd (this forum) have kicked off big style. Are you genuinely happy with them? Except Kozluk, he'll be good.

Sorry I am not quite reading which players we've signed that you'd be unhappy with?

We've scoured the world for decent players, some I have little knowledge of, but our manager has been all over the place watching these players and has made his mind up based on that. Just because you haven't heard of em doesn't mean they're pony.

kozluc is an awesome signing, Sheff matched our bid to keep him but he came to us. We have a Peruvian Intl striker, two defenders (from Holland and Germany), Odejayi (we'll see what he's like, might be a big step up from Cheltenham) and we're on the verge of signing 3 or 4 other good players.

Plus you have to rememeber that the players that remain from our promotion team are all strong and proven at this level, the poor ones have all gone. Until Bristol play 10-15 games in the Championship you just don't know who'll make it and who won't. Betsy for example, he must have improved since we had him, but I still don't think he'll be good enough next season- he's not got enough end product.

Who have you signed- not really been taking notice. I know you got that Sprule from Hibs. Whatever happens, I can guarantee you'll beat us at Ashton Gate, you always bloody do!

Well guys,

Macca is a very self confident person.

As a wolves fan I was very underwhelmed with his performances.

His one game of any significance for me was against birmingham when he came in with 2 goals and 1 assist.....However he bottled a penalty that could have put us 3 - 2 up and we went on to lose 2 - 3.

A little insite into the mans self confidence/arrogance.....in his garage/gym on the wall is a painting of him with maradona on one side and ronaldinho on the other.....now is that self belief or complete arrogance.

I would say that the closest he will ever get to those 2 great players is in his own painting!!!

I actually like bristol city, as wolves and city have locked horns a few times resulting in some great games.

I think in macca you have a player who can change a few games for you, who has great self belief but who's self belief is only transferred into 2 in 10 performances.

Mick McCarthy has stated that in new signing Jarvis and wolves other young talents we have players more than capable filling maccas boots........Even though he did get a bit to big for them in the end!!!!

All the best for the new season

wolves4eva

A little insite into the mans self confidence/arrogance.....in his garage/gym on the wall is a painting of him with maradona on one side and ronaldinho on the other.....now is that self belief or complete arrogance.

I would say that the closest he will ever get to those 2 great players is in his own painting!!!

wolves4eva

In the phychobabble world that's visualising yourself achieving success and greatness. It's a positive thing.

Jarvis is good but even your manager doesn't rate him that highly, hence the two year deal he handed him.

In the phychobabble world that's visualising yourself achieving success and greatness. It's a positive thing.

Jarvis is good but even your manager doesn't rate him that highly, hence the two year deal he handed him.

McCarthy signed Jarvis as 1 for the future, we also have a kid called Jones who broke into the first team but got injured, that is when McCarthy went for macca on loan......remember that macca has had 4 clubs in 12 months?? Sounds like a player out to make a few bucks as quick as possible, remembering his past and gambling problems that took a long time for him to straighten out - a point where he thanks Luton for their support.

As I said earlier you have an exciting player that will excite you for 2 games and frustrate you for 8 games out of the 10.

Good luck

wolves4eva

McCarthy signed Jarvis as 1 for the future, we also have a kid called Jones who broke into the first team but got injured, that is when McCarthy went for macca on loan......remember that macca has had 4 clubs in 12 months?? Sounds like a player out to make a few bucks as quick as possible, remembering his past and gambling problems that took a long time for him to straighten out - a point where he thanks Luton for their support.

As I said earlier you have an exciting player that will excite you for 2 games and frustrate you for 8 games out of the 10.

Good luck

wolves4eva

Hmmm but i bet he was on more or at least the same money at Wolves. Doesn't really fit your view. And you don't hand a two and a half year deal if you don't think they're up to it if they're high twenties. Again it doesn't fit.

Johnson and McIndoe have worked well together at Yeovil, there's no reason for that not to happen here, especially when the guy clearly has the talent as you said.

Hey look,

If a player moves and doesn't ask for a transfer he is entitled to a % of the fee........4 moves in 12 months work it out for yourself.

Kightly only signed a 2 year contract he has now extended it to a near 5 year contract due to outstanding performances and only cost us £20k

So I reckon we have done the same with Jarvis - 2 years - go and prove yourself and the rewards will be there.

Wolves probably like city in the past have gone and signed players on long deals only for it to bite us on the arse in the end when the player doesn't live up to the potential or it was an old big time charly who was at the end of their career.

My thoughts on macca going are that he wasn't upto fighting for his place, I believe we are going to sign a premier young winger on a season long loan also a left wing back.

I hope acca serves you well and has 1 of his 8 in 10 games against us not the 2 in 10

good luck

wolves4eva

Hey look,

If a player moves and doesn't ask for a transfer he is entitled to a % of the fee........4 moves in 12 months work it out for yourself.

He asked to move to Doncaster from Yeovil...he asked to move to Barnsley or at least probably didn't get the fee because he wanted to move there...he activated a clause in his contract when he wanted to join you then asked for a move to make it permanent.

Hey look,

Kightly only signed a 2 year contract he has now extended it to a near 5 year contract due to outstanding performances and only cost us £20k

So I reckon we have done the same with Jarvis - 2 years - go and prove yourself and the rewards will be there.

Wolves probably like city in the past have gone and signed players on long deals only for it to bite us on the arse in the end when the player doesn't live up to the potential or it was an old big time charly who was at the end of their career.

My thoughts on macca going are that he wasn't upto fighting for his place, I believe we are going to sign a premier young winger on a season long loan also a left wing back.

I hope acca serves you well and has 1 of his 8 in 10 games against us not the 2 in 10

good luck

wolves4eva

On that BBC predictor... I went through all the fixtures, inserted all of the scores for all of the teams [it gets boring in the sun sometimes!!] and guess what.... Wolves finishing 6th on 74 points and City also finishing on 74 pts but 7th :(. You pip us, not on goal difference, as that was also identical, but on goals scored... funny old game innit!!

Happy with 7th of course!... Genuinely think we will be above half way. vamos a ver....

His one game of any significance for me was against birmingham when he came in with 2 goals and 1 assist.....However he bottled a penalty that could have put us 3 - 2 up and we went on to lose 2 - 3.

He scored 2 set 1 up and you still lost 3-2 :blink:

Hey look,

good luck

wolves4eva

Thats very interesting, I honestly didnt know that a player got a percentage of the transfer fee if he didnt initiate the move!

Anyway, Just out of interest who led the assist's chart for you at the end of the season?

I think he made a bigger contribution than you making out, He came 2nd in the Championship table of Actim stats for midfielders http://www.pa-sport.com/en/actim/actim-ind...ampionship.html and I believe he was the 3rd or 4th highest assist maker in the division.

He must produce an awful lot in those "2" in 10 games to achieve the stats he did last season. Id guess you are either talking crap, don't really know what you're on about or simply on a wind up.

Sorry guys, this one is one big mistake by Johnson. No doubt SP( Scottish player we cannot bear to say his name) is very talented, but weherever he has gone, he has been trouble. He actually shafted GJ just as we were about to go into the League, so he has only one priority, and its himself. GJ must have had too much sangria, but anyway, I will wait with interest to see what the SP will do for you. Brilliant but very flawed.

Think about it this way, McIndoe can go one of a few ways 1) Be a city legend for however many seasons 2) Play however it is he plays get some results for us end up leaving in six months - a year under a black cloud 3) Disappear into the background and not really do much.

Number 1) That would be superb yes please

Number 2) Remember Marcus Stewart, Steve S710 PPA (stoppa yeah right) Phillips, they were got rid of because they didnt have the right attitude as people say with McIndoe. Where did it leave Johnson and the team looking stronger than ever. McIndoe left Yeovil under a black cloud did it affect GJ, not even slightly. Give our manager credit players like McIndoe don't and wont break him, and he may just some performances in on the way.

Number 3) Any Yeovil, Doncaster, Barnsley or Wolves fan would probably tell you its unlikely. Its always a risk but I cant see it

There is a fine line between self belief and arrogance, just remember most of the best players have some issue or another, it can be what makes them great.

Archived