IGNORED

Keeping Stable

howey_ducky

I've just had a read through of all the ins and outs from the championship this season and as i first suspected, there are a few teams in our league who have signed 8,9,10 players etc. leicester to name one. while it is well and good to bring in new players to try and strengthen the squad you also have to keep the balance and the team spirit. In this aspect, i think gj has done a great job so far this summer. Not one of the signings we've made will be on over the top wages and by only strengthening the areas that clearly need it, it shows to the rest of the squad that everyone has a chance to prove themselves. Back to teams such as leicester, they have now made i think 11 new signings this summer. They may get lucky and the new players may all bed in well but if say 3/4 of the signings don't fit in, it could take them a couple of months to get to the stage (team spirit etc) that we've currently got.

Good news i'd say.

I agree, i think Johnson's dealings this summer have been spot on.

I would like to see a proven goal scorer join and then i think Johnson would have got it absolutely spot on.

The longer Johnson is here, the more convinced i get that he will go on to be City's best manager.

I've just had a read through of all the ins and outs from the championship this season and as i first suspected, there are a few teams in our league who have signed 8,9,10 players etc. leicester to name one. while it is well and good to bring in new players to try and strengthen the squad you also have to keep the balance and the team spirit. In this aspect, i think gj has done a great job so far this summer. Not one of the signings we've made will be on over the top wages and by only strengthening the areas that clearly need it, it shows to the rest of the squad that everyone has a chance to prove themselves. Back to teams such as leicester, they have now made i think 11 new signings this summer. They may get lucky and the new players may all bed in well but if say 3/4 of the signings don't fit in, it could take them a couple of months to get to the stage (team spirit etc) that we've currently got.

Good news i'd say.

Martin Allen at Leicester is like a kid at Xmas buying all he can splashing the chairman's cash, although Mandaric is used to 'Arry Redknapp doing the same at Pompey.Blending 11 new players in will be a challenge, in terms of tactics/formation and especially team spirit.I don't expect Leicester to start esp well for those reasons.Wolves and Charlton are the 2 to watch imo.

Martin Allen at Leicester is like a kid at Xmas buying all he can splashing the chairman's cash, although Mandaric is used to 'Arry Redknapp doing the same at Pompey.Blending 11 new players in will be a challenge, in terms of tactics/formation and especially team spirit.I don't expect Leicester to start esp well for those reasons.Wolves and Charlton are the 2 to watch imo.

although charlton have brought in 8 players so they may take a time to settle. Wolves looked pretty solid until they lost their best player, some left winger, to a bigger team this week.

if some teams feel they need to sign 10 new players, this can only be good for us. it will take team time to gel and a chance for us to pick up a few early points.

the one thing that is very noticable is promoted clubs in each of the football leagues. none of them have gone out and signed 5-8 new players. they all seem to think that keeping the base of what got them where they are, with a couple of additions, will keep them in better shape than trying to bring in a new full team.

If players don't leave, and rumours have surrounded Skuse & Jevons, then I think Finnbogasson & A quality striker will complete our pre-season dealings.

The deadline isn't the start of the season and if players move out before the window closes they'll need to be replaced because our squad still isn't the biggest.For example if Skuse moves to Reading or anywhere else, we'll need another holding midfielder.

A lot depends on how GJ views the younger players like JMW, Plummer, Artus & Wilson.

Lots of players have been mooted as that "quality striker" and unless GJ finds one on tour from the other trialists then most of the "usual suspects" will no doubt start being discussed post tour.In terms of the type of player, Brookers ongoing injury concerns must mean that a target man is more likely than someone with searing pace and perhaps if Sproule's suspended and Murray does well, Sproule could find himself in a more central role next to a target man.

Having said that Finnboggason is 6' 2" and we have ES so there's no need to panic.

As for GJ being our greatest manager, that will only happen if we hit the Premiership.Until then, it will always be Alan Dicks.

Martin Allen has gone crazy signing all these players, Clearly they needed to improve the team but to go out and sign 11-12 players by July the 14th is unbelievable.

Now I'm not saying whether this will be good or bad for them because clearly it could go either way but when you look down the list of their signings, How many of them would you have liked City to sign? Not many is my answer......

The ins according to our site......

Sergio Hellings (Could be good potentially)

Radostin Kishishev (Will be 34 when the season starts and hardly helped leeds last season)

Carl Cort (Could do well if back to his best but no thanks)

Paddy McCarthy (don't know much about him)

Bruno N'gotty (36 yrs old, done a job for Brum last season but time running out)

Jimmy Nielsen (keeper from Aalborg - unknown)

Ricky Sappleton (don't know much about him)

James Chambers (Always looked OKAY at Watford, Nothing special IMO)

Hossein Kaebi (don't know much about him)

Shaun Newton (Good player over the years but getting on)

Stephen Clemence (Good player for Birmingham last season and probably their best signing)

Nothing very exciting their to be honest and I'm not dissapointed that we havent signed any of them.

A lot depends on how GJ views the younger players like JMW, Plummer, Artus & Wilson.

Agreed. Plummer and Wilson are very young but have received rave reviews. Plummer certainly has skill and audacity, but only Johnson knows if he could be a wild card this season. If so, maybe the lack of a pacy striker ain't such an issue. There's certainly no point in signing someone of Plummer's ilk if indeed the staff at the gate see him as close to readiness.

Martin Allen has gone crazy signing all these players, Clearly they needed to improve the team but to go out and sign 11-12 players by July the 14th is unbelievable.

Now I'm not saying whether this will be good or bad for them because clearly it could go either way but when you look down the list of their signings, How many of them would you have liked City to sign? Not many is my answer......

The ins according to our site......

Sergio Hellings (Could be good potentially)

Radostin Kishishev (Will be 34 when the season starts and hardly helped leeds last season)

Carl Cort (Could do well if back to his best but no thanks)

Paddy McCarthy (don't know much about him)

Bruno N'gotty (36 yrs old, done a job for Brum last season but time running out)

Jimmy Nielsen (keeper from Aalborg - unknown)

Ricky Sappleton (don't know much about him)

James Chambers (Always looked OKAY at Watford, Nothing special IMO)

Hossein Kaebi (don't know much about him)

Shaun Newton (Good player over the years but getting on)

Stephen Clemence (Good player for Birmingham last season and probably their best signing)

Nothing very exciting their to be honest and I'm not dissapointed that we havent signed any of them.

Only one I thought was much to get excited about was Clemence, a solid consistent player and leader who had a very good season at Brum last year.Otherwise either too old or unknown,imo

I agree, i think Johnson's dealings this summer have been spot on.

I would like to see a proven goal scorer join and then i think Johnson would have got it absolutely spot on.

The longer Johnson is here, the more convinced i get that he will go on to be City's best manager.

I see absolutely no reason why, with SL's backing, GJ cannot get us to the promised land.

Archived