IGNORED

Gary Johnson Is A Legend

moleman

I'm sorry but you cant help but love this bloke. Every time you listen to his interviews you just feel he loves Bristol city. He always answer questions put to him and you just get that feeling he wants us to suceed and get us to the promised land one day. Ive met him a few times and he is a legend. Two good signings already and more to come, i cant wait for the season to start, only 4 weeks away now. So just remember to show your appreciation to gary over the coming season. win,. lose or draw. I for one hope Garys around for years. When you moan about Gary next time ,just remember who we could have had instead. Benny,Danny etc. :winner_third_h4h:

I'm starting Garys fan club.

1 VOTE

Lets not get carried away...

Gary has and is currently doing a great job and I think he will continue but he is not yet a legend.. If he gets us to the premiership within the next 3-4 yrs THEN, and only then.. can we crown him a TRUE LEGEND and, probably, the best manager this club has ever seen.

I like Johnson and wouldn't wish him to leave, he trying to unite fans with the club to pull together to be progressive. He doesn't seem to do anything rash and seems calculated with everything he does.

I am with Havana on the fact Johno isn't a legend yet! He does however have the foundations of becoming a legend but i wont class him as one until we are in the Premiership. The word legend at times is over used and undervalued.

I'm sorry but you cant help but love this bloke. Every time you listen to his interviews you just feel he loves Bristol city. He always answer questions put to him and you just get that feeling he wants us to suceed and get us to the promised land one day. Ive met him a few times and he is a legend. Two good signings already and more to come, i cant wait for the season to start, only 4 weeks away now. So just remember to show your appreciation to gary over the coming season. win,. lose or draw. I for one hope Garys around for years. When you moan about Gary next time ,just remember who we could have had instead. Benny,Danny etc. :winner_third_h4h:

1 VOTE

Tell you something if Gary Johnson gets us in the playoffs this year,he will become the best manager since Alan Dicks no doubt about it.

The funny thing is this guy has never failed to deliver in his management of football clubs.

What does worry me is if city have a cracking season there ae going to be plenty of premiership teams after him.

Watch this space as they say.

Tell you something if Gary Johnson gets us in the playoffs this year,he will become the best manager since Alan Dicks no doubt about it.

The funny thing is this guy has never failed to deliver in his management of football clubs.

What does worry me is if city have a cracking season there ae going to be plenty of premiership teams after him.

Without wishing to tempt fate and I know everyone has a price I genuinely feel GJ is very settled in the South West. He turned down moves to Derby and Leicester [partly rumours only perhaps] and i think he feels he can 'finish' the job here before having any thoughts of going to a prem team. And, lets be realistic here, with most of the big clubs falling into foreign hands they tend to have a penchant for going with a foreigh gaffer.

Who would GJ attract and when.. if he gets us to the promised land I would guess teams like Everton, Villa, maybe Spurs.... but then again they have settled managers and part or full foreign ownership as well. Nope... I reckon our days in the Prem will put us on a theoretical par with most of the clubs who may come knocking on SL's door... I think he will stay put for a while yet.

Agree with the general sentimient, but, it's not like Johnson is going to say this club is pants is he?

Allardyce was talking up Bolton last season and how at home he is. Now he is saying the same at Newcastle.

Henry was at "home" at Arsenal and now is living "his dream" at Barcelona.

Beckham only wanted to play at ManU and then Real Madrid and now LA Galaxy.

There is a theme amongst football people here!

Lets not get carried away...

Gary has and is currently doing a great job and I think he will continue but he is not yet a legend.. If he gets us to the premiership within the next 3-4 yrs THEN, and only then.. can we crown him a TRUE LEGEND and, probably, the best manager this club has ever seen.

Legend status will only be acheived by elevation to the Premiership.

Excellent season and he could be gone-Abysmall season and the same could happen.That's football in the main.

Agree with the general sentimient, but, it's not like Johnson is going to say this club is pants is he?

Allardyce was talking up Bolton last season and how at home he is. Now he is saying the same at Newcastle.

Henry was at "home" at Arsenal and now is living "his dream" at Barcelona.

Beckham only wanted to play at ManU and then Real Madrid and now LA Galaxy.

There is a theme amongst football people here!

very rarely is a truer word (in this case words) spoken neo. Couldn't agree more.

There really are very very few footballers/manager who would stay with a particular club no matter what. I'm trying to think of one but i keep comming up with players who have kissed the badge etc and then moved on. smithy, leeds fan through and through etc.

very rarely is a truer word (in this case words) spoken neo. Couldn't agree more.

There really are very very few footballers/manager who would stay with a particular club no matter what. I'm trying to think of one but i keep comming up with players who have kissed the badge etc and then moved on. smithy, leeds fan through and through etc.

Dario Grady?

Well obviously Steve Bull at Wolves, and Matt Le Tissier at Southampton. They spent their entire careers at their respective clubs, and could have moved on to far greater things.

Well obviously Steve Bull at Wolves, and Matt Le Tissier at Southampton. They spent their entire careers at their respective clubs, and could have moved on to far greater things.

am i right in saying Steve Bull played a few games for West Brom when he was very young before signing for Wolves

1 VOTE

I find this adulation of GJ amusing. Not so long ago a few, with justified ammunition, were claiming he was a conference manager. Now he has got us promoted he is a messiah.

How fickle are we??

In all honesty we were promoted because of Choker Calderwood rather than Magic Johnson. For my part, last season, I found many of his loanees a mystery and some of his substitutions downright perverse. The style of play was hardly inspiring.

Nevertheless, I do think that he is a good lower league manager (perhaps higher league but he hasn't proven hmself) not least because of his record at Yeovil and BCFC. I like his attitude which seems down to earth and I believe he is capable of building a successful team spirit. But, for now, I don't think he has done enough to accord "legend status".

I find this adulation of GJ amusing. Not so long ago a few, with justified ammunition, were claiming he was a conference manager. Now he has got us promoted he is a messiah.

How fickle are we??

In all honesty we were promoted because of Choker Calderwood rather than Magic Johnson. For my part, last season, I found many of his loanees a mystery and some of his substitutions downright perverse. The style of play was hardly inspiring.

Nevertheless, I do think that he is a good lower league manager (perhaps higher league but he hasn't proven hmself) not least because of his record at Yeovil and BCFC. I like his attitude which seems down to earth and I believe he is capable of building a successful team spirit. But, for now, I don't think he has done enough to accord "legend status".

How many managers in the last 10 years have ever got us promoted? 2.

John Ward - Legend

Gary Johnson - Legend

When any team in the league gets promotion the manger will automatically become a legend. I was at Ashton Gate on the last day this season and for all those fantastic scenes at the end whatever happens to GJ in the future he will always have a place in my heart!

Who would GJ attract and when.. if he gets us to the promised land I would guess teams like Everton, Villa, maybe Spurs...

Red dread!...GJ being tempted elsewhere as coach/manager, after-all his ambitiousness led him to Bristol City, I can only wonder HOW ambitious he really is.

With his International experience who's to say it will not be a foreign team that tempts him.

I for one hope he does a "Dario Gradi" and stays at Ashton Gate. :fingerscrossed:

In your opinion, not necessarily others.

I tend to post my opinion, not others :disapointed2se:

am i right in saying Steve Bull played a few games for West Brom when he was very young before signing for Wolves

Correct

Gary Johnson is Gdd!!!!123456789

:rofl2br:

Not sure about GJ at the start....

So glad he is at City now

He is the best man for the job :winner_third_h4h:

Until he:

a:Does poorly and gets sacked

b.Does well and leaves

c.Until the next "best man" comes along.

See the points above about Allardyce.These guys are pros, don't confuse them with fans.

Archived