IGNORED

Masters Football On Sky Sports

jambodinho

I was watching the Scottish Masters football on Sky sports this morning and it made me wonder why there is no South West Masters category? I'm guessing its because City, Rovers, Swindon, Yeovil and Cheltenham are not classed as ''big clubs''. Also the lack of big name ex-players that would be willing to play, which brings me to my next question, who would be in our 9 man squad if there were to be a South West Masters? Obviously they would need to be retired from proffessional football but as long as they are still in good shape i don't think their age would be matter too much but the younger the better.

I'm thinking the likes of Billy Mercer, Mike Stowell or Keith Welsh would be likely candidates for the goalkeeper postition.

I'd pick defenders from Darren Barnard, Mark Shail, Tony Butler, Mickey Bell, Keith Millen, Russell Osman

Midfielders from Tinnion, Greg Goodridge, Gary Owers, Matty Bryant, Jacki Dziekanowski

Strikers from Colin Cramb, Steve Torpey, Leroy Rosenior, Wayne Allison, Paul Agostino (is he still playing though?)

So who would be in your 9 man squad? Over to you.............

I was watching the Scottish Masters football on Sky sports this morning and it made me wonder why there is no South West Masters category? I'm guessing its because City, Rovers, Swindon, Yeovil and Cheltenham are not classed as ''big clubs''. Also the lack of big name ex-players that would be willing to play, which brings me to my next question, who would be in our 9 man squad if there were to be a South West Masters? Obviously they would need to be retired from proffessional football but as long as they are still in good shape i don't think their age would be matter too much but the younger the better.

I'm thinking the likes of Billy Mercer, Mike Stowell or Keith Welsh would be likely candidates for the goalkeeper postition.

I'd pick defenders from Darren Barnard, Mark Shail, Tony Butler, Mickey Bell, Keith Millen, Russell Osman

Midfielders from Tinnion, Greg Goodridge, Gary Owers, Matty Bryant, Jacki Dziekanowski

Strikers from Colin Cramb, Steve Torpey, Leroy Rosenior, Wayne Allison, Paul Agostino (is he still playing though?)

So who would be in your 9 man squad? Over to you.............

Welch, Shail, Taylor, Bell, Tinnion, Jackie,Owers, Walshie,Rosenior.

? I'm guessing its because City, Rovers, Swindon, Yeovil and Cheltenham are not classed as ''big clubs''. Also the lack of big name ex-players

Not sure if thats the case as in the north east masters hartlepool take part

Also I'm not sure why but this year liverpool and everton took part in the coventry masters and not the north west one

Not sure if thats the case as in the north east masters hartlepool take part

Also I'm not sure why but this year liverpool and everton took part in the coventry masters and not the north west one

In the past, they've tried to keep Liverpool & Man Utd apart, as both tend to have very strong sides. If they both played in the North West event one of them would be unable to make the finals. Seems like they've done the same again.

I think any club can enter, as long as they are within reasonable distance of the arena. Rotherham were in the Yorkshire Masters, at the expense of "bigger" clubs such as Bradford & Hull. Notts County were also in the Central masters, where bigger clubs didn't take part.

In theory, we could combine and have a Wales & West event, including Cardiff, Swansea & Plymouth. As Phantom has said though, the problem is finding a suitable location.

I believe it has more to do with no suitable facility in the South West to host this event

they've still not started on our arena by temple meads, farcical. Could group us with the welsh and have it at the cia. Not sure i'd go though. Not even sure if i'd want us grouped with cardiff and swansea.

taking names that could (i guess) still run and kick a ball without running for a oxegen mask.

keith welch

shaun taylor

rob newman

andy llewellyn

brian tinnion

bobby hutchingson

Jacki Dziekanowski

alan walsh

glyn riley

i think jacki might actually need an oxygen mask as i write this, he's in a bad way by all accounts. get well soon.

Quite Simple. Alan Walsh.

Keith Welch. Tommy Doc. "Super" Bob Taylor

Martin Scott. D.Dziekanowski Shaun Goater.

Shaun Taylor. Gerry Gowe.

Darren Barnard.

Ivan Testimetanu.

Tommy wouldn't qualify as he's still playing....Not sure about Ion Testicletuesday....anyone know if he's still going?!? And you're also cheating with the extra players! :nono:

Welch

Newman

Martin Scott

Shaun Taylor

Tins

Walshy

Dziekanowski

Super Bob

Goats

Archived