IGNORED

What's The Furthest You've Been To An Away Match?

Guest Pinamonte

Guest Pinamonte

The most I've been to an away match before was when I went to Walsall a few years back but when I go up to Port Vale tomorrow to see Scott Murray, that will be my new record. I have seen City play at Bury and Stockport before but I was living up there at the time so that doesn't really count. What's the furthest that other people have been to a match before? Has anyone ever seen City play abroad before for example?

The most I've been to an away match before was when I went to Walsall a few years back but when I go up to Port Vale tomorrow to see Scott Murray, that will be my new record. I have seen City play at Bury and Stockport before but I was living up there at the time so that doesn't really count. What's the furthest that other people have been to a match before? Has anyone ever seen City play abroad before for example?
Walsall, Port Vale?! Yes thats mileage to the extreme....

Try Hartlepool, only down the road.

Guest Pinamonte

No need for the abuse citygal. Not all of us can afford to travel up and down the country every week for away matches. Why not just keep the discussion friendly instead of bragging about how you are a much better City fan than other people on here.

No need for the abuse citygal. Not all of us can afford to travel up and down the country every week for away matches. Why not just keep the discussion friendly instead of bragging about how you are a much better City fan than other people on here.
How much better a City fan i am?! Yeh alright mate.

Duncan its about 132 miles.

newcastle, in that league cup 2nd leg a few years back, we lost the first leg 5-1 i think but we took the lead in the 2nd leg only to lose 3-1, great night though and city took more fans up there on a wednesday night than chelsea did the previous sunday for a premiership game !

Guest exiledred
What's the furthest away game you've been to exilered? Did you go to Bournemouth earlier in the season, I went and we drew.
yeh i went, but then i have a flat in bournemouth so not really that far to go!!!

don't get to many away games as budget doesn't allow. hoepfully when i get a job and stop being a tax dodging student i can get to more.

going to try barnsley if its a crucial game. also going to luton and swindon but they're local obviosuly.

when funds permit I'm hopeing to get to every game in a season!!!

Guest exiledred
I think that Newcastle is further than Hartlepool weepywall so that puts you in the lead. Can anybody beat Newcastle?
Carlise, LDV vans final 2003, oh, hang on a minute...

Guest exiledred

yeh he's got some balls!!

i love waching city, even when it's ######, so i don't mind travelling, its a good day out. i still have family in bristol so get a couple of meals when i go up!!

Guest exiledred
Carlisle, furthest :ph34r:

Blackpool,

Hull,

Preston,

Burnley,

Tranny,

Wrexham,

Bolton,

Birmingham,

Notts County & Forest,

Leeds,

Liverpool,

W.B.A.

Vale,

Cheltenham,Eastville :P ,Exeter,Torquay,Plymouth,Southhampton,Portsmouth,Swinedon,Q.P.R. Chelsea,Arsenal, Charlton(old valley)Watford,Luton,Fulham,Millwall,Liecester,Wolves,and a few more I cant remember, oh Cardiff,Swansea and newport :ph34r:

when i can afford that i'll be there too!!!

Guest east_dundry_red
how far is Port Vale? :ph34r:
136.6 miles according to the aa.

Never seen us win there.

Furthest ive been is either carlisle or newcastle.

Furthest ive been to watch arsenal is about well a few thousand miles. Not spesificly to watch them but watched the youth team in Oz a few years ago so it counts!

Guest Georgeformbygrill
Hartlepool! if we'd of lost i would of went mental :@

Hartlepool! if we'd of lost i would of went mental :@
Went to Hartlepool years back in FA cup. They were in the bottom division (gas league) we were in the same div. as at present.

Crap game, freezing cold, dodgy penalty, they score it, we lose 1-0, their fans run on the pitch like they had one the bloody cup and run up to confront the City fans, loads of City jump on the pitch and run at them, they run away, we travel back on a boring CATS coach and get told off by Beryl for coming out of the services late.

Great days. :ph34r:

Sunderland, In Divison 1, how they never beat us 11-0 i dont know, There goal was a defensive mistake too! Phillips missed a Pen. That was a good game. Soren Picked the ball up from 35 yards, Top Corner, Get in!
I was there, a classic game, and I missed two days of school because of it.

They were singing:

"Going down going down going down...."

and we were singing:

"So are we so are we so are we!"

:P:ph34r::P:ph34r::clap:

Guest bristolbred

:P Living in Castle Donington, every home game means a trip of 300 miles!!

:ph34r: And when we played away at Grimsby, i flew in from Jersey!!

:ph34r: Have seen City play at Hartlepool, Newcastle and Carlisle in the past, when living in London.

Archived