IGNORED

Pospisil

Rednready

Sporting Life Transfer newswire has an article quoting Pospisils comments from the Hearts training camp in Germany.

Pospisil who scored for Hearts in their 1-1 draw in Austria last week, says he and other players are unhappy with their pre season treatment. First a tour of Austria, followed by an 11 day training camp in Germany. He complains about the old fashioned training methods with too much running, and being seperated from his family for so long.

Add to that the size of the Hearts squad, check their site, I think its close to 40 !

Making comments publicly criticising Hearts and their methods will not make him popular with the Hearts management, and they have plenty of players to choose from. Imagine a City player criticising GJ and his methods in the press !

Hearts accepted GJ's bid in january, so this current situation may get things going again, or perhaps they are already going, and Pospisil is trying to speed things up.

Hearts accepted GJ's bid in january, so this current situation may get things going again, or perhaps they are already going, and Pospisil is trying to speed things up.

Interesting post there, especially now, as all City's projected/rumoured threads of new strikers all seem to be lying in a big heap of total uncertainty. Is he?will he?...can he?..I think we are all confused as to the outcome of this quandry. We wait with baited breath!

I would have liked to see Pospisil at AG, quality-wise the league he is playing in at the moment, apart from the "big 6", I consider as "lack lusture" compared to south of the border. (my opinion) When quality faces quality the stakes are usually higher, therefore playing in the 4th best supported league in Europe the entertainment value increases for the spectator and player alike.

So those of us who saw his skills on the UTube videos on this forum, I see pace, intelligence, heading ability and a natural instinct for knowing where the onion sack is, as attributes City could capitalise on for the Championship. :dunno:

Interesting post there, especially now, as all City's projected/rumoured threads of new strikers all seem to be lying in a big heap of total uncertainty. Is he?will he?...can he?..I think we are all confused as to the outcome of this quandry. We wait with baited breath!

I would have liked to see Pospisil at AG, quality-wise the league he is playing in at the moment, apart from the "big 6", I consider as "lack lusture" compared to south of the border. (my opinion) When quality faces quality the stakes are usually higher, therefore playing in the 4th best supported league in Europe the entertainment value increases for the spectator and player alike.

So those of us who saw his skills on the UTube videos on this forum, I see pace, intelligence, heading ability and a natural instinct for knowing where the onion sack is, as attributes City could capitalise on for the Championship. :dunno:

All very valid, but his attitude and general 'outspoken' voice of late might put GJ off. He reminds me of Easter a bit and we know how much GJ loved him.

All very valid, but his attitude and general 'outspoken' voice of late might put GJ off. He reminds me of Easter a bit and we know how much GJ loved him.

True Tom!....but the same could have been said about McIndoe and Sproule too!

Bet he wishes he had joined us in Jan now then!

Maybe our interest has cooled right off and he's sending out a come and get me message as he knows we are still looking for a striker?

I have watched several interviews with GJ now and the emphasis on the player being the right type not only ability wise but personality wise is very evident and seem as important as eachother. Maybe thats why some 'greater' players have failed here whilst some with less ability can flourish.

Not heard the Pospisil interview or know how good his English is, but sometimes people who's first language isn't English can come across a bit blunt? don't know if anything was lost in translation here?

From what I have heard up here he is happy at Hearts again, just been added the number 9 shirt. seems they want him as one of their main strikers after playing himself back into the team with some good performances in the secong half of the season.

From what I have heard up here he is happy at Hearts again, just been added the number 9 shirt. seems they want him as one of their main strikers after playing himself back into the team with some good performances in the secong half of the season.

The quotes from Pospisil about being unhappy were from yesterday in Germany, not weeks ago. 24 hours is a long time in politics and football.

We've gone full circle coming back to discuss Pospispil because - all the others (except Naismith ) - have now moved!

Let's get real - If GJ wanted Pospisil it would have happened by now - we could have made a move as soon as we got promotion as Gary has already had him down to AG in January for talks and knows the guy etc.

No one else has been linked with him since January so the field is (was) clear for us (if we wanted to sign him).

It's not him folks.

Personally I think GJ is holding out hoping to persuade Naismith to join us but has to wait for the kid to get Rangers out of his system, clearly Naismith wants to go to Rangers, equally clearly - at the moment - Rangers won't meet the £1.5M Killmarnock want. I think we are closer (my guess £8-900K + add ons = around £1.2M). Killie have stated publicly that they WILL sell - for the right price (to anyone with the £).

Maybe Rangers will up the bid, maybe SL will also - but IMO we won't sign a striker until the Naismith situation is sorted.

If Rangers do agree the fee - we will move to Plan B (Trundle??)

Or he will join us for - my guess - £1.1M + add ons.

Or I'm talking complete B******s!

Or maybe Bas is available again?

CodeRed

Archived