IGNORED

Trouble In Riga - Handbags And Gladrags

cheshire_red

A brilliant report there, so it looks like to sum it up Bouncers were idiots who prob looking for trouble as they get bored in Skonto when there are no foreighners in town and perhaps some City fans were wrong to run onto the pitch and throw glasses, even even if they were plastic, they are type of fans we don't wanna see at the gate anyway.

A brilliant report there, so it looks like to sum it up Bouncers were idiots who prob looking for trouble as they get bored in Skonto when there are no foreighners in town and perhaps some City fans were wrong to run onto the pitch and throw glasses, even even if they were plastic, they are type of fans we don't wanna see at the gate anyway.

I think thats the case, yeh.

That report i cant argue with, we were all enjoying ourselfs but they made it difficult for us.

They were also a bit sneaky on the ticket office, told us it was buy one get one free on the tickets so obviously alot of people bought one and gave one to their mate then on entrance into the ground was told you need both the tickets, that upset alot of people as the que at this point, and in a few cases, minutes from kickoff, caused a few problems.

Family club? Pah!!!!

That was a great report from Huw Griffiths, glad we have fans out there reporting back in detail on events, Jeez though, i don't like the sound of them there Security/Stewards, i bet they didnt have SIA cards :noexpression:

I would not like to be arrested over there, or taken away in any van, no matter what, has anyone seen Hostel? :shutup:

Riga is on the bucket airline route these days; there are ALWAYS foreign johny's in town.

who are you to say who can and can't come to AG?

These guys spent a lot of money to go to Riga, and - according to the person who was actually there - all the fans were well behaved befare and after the game and the bouncer/mafia type "stewards" were acting aggresively towards our supporters all through the game and when our fans went to retrieve their flags - the "stewards " chased them and tried to punch them.

And for that you say - "WE" don't want to see them at the gate.

Speak for yourself,mate, I recognise some of the faces in the photos and they are some of our most loyal fans seen at every away game.

CodeRed

These guys spent a lot of money to go to Riga, and - according to the person who was actually there - all the fans were well behaved befare and after the game and the bouncer/mafia type "stewards" were acting aggresively towards our supporters all through the game and when our fans went to retrieve their flags - the "stewards " chased them and tried to punch them.

Speak for yourself,mate, I recognise some of the faces in the photos and they are some of our most loyal fans seen at every away game.

CodeRed

well said

CodeRed

Well said mate, too say the city boys were the ones instigating the trouble would be absolute rubbish to be fair, we was all out there for a laugh, a drink and to watch our team in Europe.

A friend of mine that has close mates out there has told me of this already, calling it a minor pitch invasion. He also said that apparently the locals seem to enjoy fighting eachother?!? Why, I don't know!

There has also been an apparent 'incident' where a bunch of City fans where togther drinking, as you do, and someone in a nearby building shot a city fan with a bee-bee gun. Not very nice! He says something minor broke out, but not too bad thankfully.

There has also been an apparent 'incident' where a bunch of City fans where togther drinking, as you do, and someone in a nearby building shot a city fan with a bee-bee gun. Not very nice! He says something minor broke out, but not too bad thankfully.

The incident was in the square. The shot was fired from about 7 floors high up in an appartment. This raised tensions for a while unsurprisingly. This would have happened had it been football fans or not. Things weren't helped when a mate was pulled into the building. When it all calmed down it come out it was the building security who made the shot, policia came and went. Was not surprised to be told by a ruski on the Saturday night that the police are one of the most corrupt in the area.

Some good memorys though from the weekend even after lots to drink.

The incident was in the square. The shot was fired from about 7 floors high up in an appartment. This raised tensions for a while unsurprisingly. This would have happened had it been football fans or not. Things weren't helped when a mate was pulled into the building. When it all calmed down it come out it was the building security who made the shot, policia came and went. Was not surprised to be told by a ruski on the Saturday night that the police are one of the most corrupt in the area.

Some good memorys though from the weekend even after lots to drink.

Yea I didn't fancy going into that bit so I left it out like. But from what I've been told, its pretty nasty.

Archived