IGNORED

Steve Brooker

Kingswood Red Army

Hi all. I am new to this forum, so please be gentle. I have been a City fan for over 20 years, but modern techology has caught up on me.

Basically I was in the Tenniscourt pub in Warmely in Feb 2007 when i overheard two chaps (both City fans, as heard them chat about city on many previous occasions) talk about Steve Brooker's knee injury.

They were saying that his pro career was 90% over, as he was stuggling to overcome the problems he was having with his knee injury (this ws back then). They said this story was coming from the inside of Ashton Gate.

Don't get me wrong, I immediately interupted them and said that they were talking rubbish, and that he would be back soon raring to go. But since that chat he returned for approx 2 games, then was out again for 4 weeeks approx, then returned for one game and then has been sidelined ever since.

I rate Steve very highly and hope he makes a full recovery, and hope he is our top scorer this coming season. As he can hold the ball up against anyone, and can turn on a six pence and roll the ball in off the post from any angle (no need for power)

My point is, has anyone else heard any rumours about his overall fitness, and if so (fingers crossed) please confirm his injury problems are only temporary, and that he will be back soon as a 100% Brooker. Every City fans dream I know.

Comments please.

Guest chingfordred
i havnt heard anything but its been really sad this season hope he can still play in a city shirt

Too right. Really feel for Steve, on his day he is a match for any defence and I am praying he will be fit and banging in the goals this season. I remember being at Hillsborough when we beat Sheff Wed 3-2 on last game of 2004/05 season. Brooks was unbelievable that day. single handedly destroyed Wednesday and scored two crackers. Sturrock named him the best striker in League One after that performance and at the time he was. Am sure he can perform at our new found level.

Hi all. I am new to this forum, so please be gentle. I have been a City fan for over 20 years, but modern techology has caught up on me.

Basically I was in the Tenniscourt pub in Warmely in Feb 2007 when i overheard two chaps (both City fans, as heard them chat about city on many previous occasions) talk about Steve Brooker's knee injury.

They were saying that his pro career was 90% over, as he was stuggling to overcome the problems he was having with his knee injury (this ws back then). They said this story was coming from the inside of Ashton Gate.

Don't get me wrong, I immediately interupted them and said that they were talking rubbish, and that he would be back soon raring to go. But since that chat he returned for approx 2 games, then was out again for 4 weeeks approx, then returned for one game and then has been sidelined ever since.

I rate Steve very highly and hope he makes a full recovery, and hope he is our top scorer this coming season. As he can hold the ball up against anyone, and can turn on a six pence and roll the ball in off the post from any angle (no need for power)

My point is, has anyone else heard any rumours about his overall fitness, and if so (fingers crossed) please confirm his injury problems are only temporary, and that he will be back soon as a 100% Brooker. Every City fans dream I know.

Comments please.

If this is true I can't understand why the club has been so silent about it. Over the last season it has been a lot of speculation about why Steve has not been on the field. If it was officially mentioned by the club he had a serious knee injury that could stop his career we shouln't have had all the speculation. I rate Steve highly and is a great admirer of his. All the best mate. Could it be that the club was not aware of how bad it was after mounths? Guess that's the answer if not another rumour.

This would be a tragedy, if it were true, for the club and Steve. Lilleshall is the best place for him to be at present, with the experts there assessing his rehabilitation.

Rumours alledged to have originated from AG, have however had a notorious history of being unfounded, my favourite was on Talksport, the day before GJ was unveiled as boss,when an 'unnamed inside source stated that the new Bristol City manager would be ex-Charlton and Boro boss, Lennie 'Ikea Gasland' Lawrence'.

I think Brooker is an excellent target man, who would more than hold his own in the Championship, so his fitness is a huge concern.

It would be helpful if an official source could enlighten the fans, but if there is any danger that this rumour is true, then the club, it's insurers, and naturally Steve would want all possibilities to be explored before the final decision is reached.

Good Luck Steve, City needs you!!!!

Comments please.

pretty much the same as I heard a few months back, sad but very possibly true

Comments please.

Ah the old Tenniscourt, many a pint drank in there, many moons ago :farmer: Steve was missed last season and looks like the same will happen this season. May be a try at a comeback but its been to long now surely.

I really hope I`m wrong and Stevie is our top scorer this season :fingerscrossed:

To be fair Liam Lawrence was on the shortlist to be boss and interview.

I even saw him get a tour of Ashton Gate during a reserve game. Funny enough Johnson was actually in the crowd watching.

really? thought he was still playing now? last thing I remember he was playing for Sunderland a couple of seasons back?

Archived