IGNORED

Blackthorn Sponsorship

CiderHider

Very pleased we have renewed a deal with Thorn, but why have the Sags, have they been sponsored by them before?

Not sure i like any affiliation with Rovers, even somthing as trivial as a shirt sponsor, just seems wrong and sits awkwardly with me.

I would imagine that Blackthorn would not want to alienate any potential customers who are not City fans, seems a tad too diplomatic for my liking though.

Another question, are the kids City shirts going to be without this particular sponsor, if so can anyone explain to me why this is the case?

Silly answers like...'It's encouraging kids to drink cider' is a total cop out and won't do.

Link

Silly answers like...'It's encouraging kids to drink cider' is a total cop out and won't do.

do you really want kids to be walking bill boards for Alcohol?

It can't be a good thing. It might not be a bad one either (depending on your view of the effectiveness of aldvertising), but it would make me (even as a drinker) uncomfortable.

Some people are stupid and easily influenced, the majority unfortunately need to take account of them, because they ultimately cause the society as a whole problems.

do you really want kids to be walking bill boards for Alcohol?

It can't be a good thing. It might not be a bad one either (depending on your view of the effectiveness of aldvertising), but it would make me (even as a drinker) uncomfortable.

Some people are stupid and easily influenced, the majority unfortunately need to take account of them, because they ultimately cause the society as a whole problems.

I take your point Redhyde, but if i thought for one moment that the word "blackthorn" on a shirt would encourage a minor to suddenly start up drinking alcohol then i would agree entirly, but i don't think for one moment that is the case.

Just more limp wristed liberal nonsence from our inepet goverment. :rolleyes:

Very pleased we have renewed a deal with Thorn, but why have the Sags, have they been sponsored by them before?

Not sure i like any affiliation with Rovers, even somthing as trivial as a shirt sponsor, just seems wrong and sits awkwardly with me.

I would imagine that Blackthorn would not want to alienate any potential customers who are not City fans, seems a tad too diplomatic for my liking though.

Another question, are the kids City shirts going to be without this particular sponsor, if so can anyone explain to me why this is the case?

Link

Blackthorn have been sponsoring the Gas for years, pretty much constantly since they came back to Bristol

and i don't think the kids shirts had blackthorn on them last season either

I take your point Redhyde, but if i thought for one moment that the word "blackthorn" on a shirt would encourage a minor to suddenly start up drinking alcohol then i would agree entirly, but i don't think for one moment that is the case.

Just more limp wristed liberal nonsence from our inepet goverment. :rolleyes:

Oh i agree completely really about the advertising side. It won't make people start drinking in the same way that violent computer games don't make anyone go and shoot people.

Kids walking around with alcohol sponsors just makes me feel a bit uneasy tbh. It's just a personal view and i wonder what it'll lead to. It's a sign of the problem when anyone would even think to want to put that slogan on a kid.

I don't really have a problem with Blackthorn being on a football shirt, but it's still I kinda feel when there's so much alcohol awareness already there's no need to desensitise kids to it even more. Not that it will really, just feeling that the country's pretty lost anyway when it comes to alcohol abuse. It's clear the last generation have failed when it comes to educating their kids about responsible drinking so I can only see it getting worse. I'm for awareness and free choice, but in all honesty I simply don't trust the parents/schools to be responsible so I'm torn.

So what's the harm of it not being there?

Guest mesa boogie

They used to sponsor the North Terrace/Clubhouse Terrace/Blackthorn End/Bass Terrace or whatever the hell they call it now. Blackthorn should be applauded for investing in local sport.

They used to sponsor the North Terrace/Clubhouse Terrace/Blackthorn End/Bass Terrace or whatever the hell they call it now. Blackthorn should be applauded for investing in local sport.
Blackthorn should be applauded for not only investing in a Championship side but also investing in little clubs who aren't so well off.

When you buy a replica shirt, especially if you're a kid, you want the shirt to be identical to the ones the players wear. Crest, sponsors, league badges whatever.

Fair enough. I thought that would be the answer. It's just a question of personal taste.

If you were a parent i could see how it'd be easier to not upset and not have to explain to your child why it was different. That places more responsibility on the parents shoulders.

But i personally feel that kids grow up too fast and I'd like to preserve their "innocence" longer rather than using them as advertising boards. I'm not sure how that's possible in this blame everyone else society though.

See I'm caught between my belief of Capitalism or belief of high morals on this issue.

Guest mesa boogie
Blackthorn should be applauded for not only investing in a Championship side but also investing in little clubs who aren't so well off.

Yes, City are massive.

Archived