IGNORED

Evening Post /wdp Trundle Story (merged)

It would be an exciting prospect but still a big risk IMO - yes bums on seats through the turnstiles and bums out of seats for some exciting play, but how do we expect to do well still without any genuine pace up front?

Unless GJ is planning on having 1 up top to hold up play and get the pacier new boys (Sproule, McIndoe) playing off him, but early suggestions from the Latvian tour show that he is just playing a 4-4-2???

Bristol City are pulling out all the stops to land L Trundle.

The 30 year old scouser is the man robins boss GJ WANTS to lead his attack in the championship next season.

City have already had 3 bids turned down by City, and Swansea are desperate to hold on to the star player.

City are refusing to give in,and are preparing to come back with an improved offer.

City are now willing to test Swanseas resolve with what is likely to be their FINAL offer!

Its understood City have so far offered a substantial six figure package thats falls only just short of Swanseas valuation of the player.

Given concerns over S Brookers fitness, Johnson is eager to recruit a STRIKER for the start of the season on Aug 11th.

The welsh club MAY BE prepared to let Trundle go following the arrival of Duffy from Hull J Scotland and spainish forward Mayol!!!!!!

So there you go boys and girls.

Make of it what you want.....Arn

Bristol City are pulling out all the stops to land L Trundle.

The 30 year old scouser is the man robins boss GJ WANTS to lead his attack in the championship next season.

City have already had 3 bids turned down by City, and Swansea are desperate to hold on to the star player.

City are refusing to give in,and are preparing to come back with an improved offer.

City are now willing to test Swanseas resolve with what is likely to be their FINAL offer!

Its understood City have so far offered a substantial six figure package thats falls only just short of Swanseas valuation of the player.

Given concerns over S Brookers fitness, Johnson is eager to recruit a STRIKER for the start of the season on Aug 11th.

The welsh club MAY BE prepared to let Trundle go following the arrival of Duffy from Hull J Scotland and spainish forward Mayol!!!!!!

So there you go boys and girls.

Make of it what you want.....Arn

I so hope they get trundle he is class people say hes over weight but he still manages to make defences look STUPID so come on gary do ya magic and land the entainer!!!!!!! :banana:

Looks like one up front and GJ deciding we need a hold up player that scores goals.

He could switch Sproule or Murray to a more central role and that would add pace to LT's undoubted skill.

4-4-2 would be exciting but defensively leaves us to short away from home in particular unless GJ's going for it ala Brazil's old policy of you score three, we'll get four!

If LT signs, it will be interesting to see if there's another signing because Finnboggason seems to have been unimpressive in Latvia with GJ saying he needs to do more.

Interesting times old mate, interesting times.

Looks like one up front and GJ deciding we need a hold up player that scores goals.

He could switch Sproule or Murray to a more central role and that would add pace to LT's undoubted skill.

4-4-2 would be exciting but defensively leaves us to short away from home in particular unless GJ's going for it ala Brazil's old policy of you score three, we'll get four!

If LT signs, it will be interesting to see if there's another signing because Finnboggason seems to have been unimpressive in Latvia with GJ saying he needs to do more.

Firstly less of the "old"........... :disapointed2se:

Yeah mate interesting, and i don't know why I'm thinking this, but seems like the club have shut the club shop for more reasons than putting a few new tills in!!!! Agree?

Trundle MAY be around the Gate today and the club don't want fans milling about and perhaps seeing him.... :dunno:

I still think that, aswell as Trundle, we will need one more new striker. I just don't think that playing players out of position will wash next season. It may have worked occasionally last year, with Enoch filling in out wide etc, but with a better class of oposition I really don't think we can afford to gamble like this.

If we get Trundle, one more striker would be needed.....maybe even a pacey, fearless youngster on loan from a premiership team

I still think that, aswell as Trundle, we will need one more new striker. I just don't think that playing players out of position will wash next season. It may have worked occasionally last year, with Enoch filling in out wide etc, but with a better class of oposition I really don't think we can afford to gamble like this.

If we get Trundle, one more striker would be needed.....maybe even a pacey, fearless youngster on loan from a premiership team

total agree mate we need class in all departments this year as team are alot better!!!!

How would 4-4-2 leave us defensively short

I wouldn`t be supprised if he went flat 4 at the back, then ........ ..........

skuse........... johnson

murrey..... noble .......sproule

Trundle

I couldnt agree more, trundle is the sort of crowd pleasing striker weve needed at this club for years..

But regarless whether he comes in or not, i think GJ and SL will do right by the club who ever they bring in. I'm not sure what will happen but this seems like its our last bid, so if its not successful i should think thats it for bristol city and lee trundle, I cant see SL being held to ransom by Swansea!

In the Evil Post today that City have had 3 bids rejected but are going back with an improved offer. SL has said that Trundle is the no. 1 target

Still have to agree any terms, even if Swans agree fee.

And is LT10 wanting to move?

Maybe it's up to Liz Mc ---- whatever her name is.

Posh WAG down the Gate - go for it

:fingerscrossed:

So it's not a NO he's not for sale, it's a we want X amount for him. Just depends on whether City think he's worth as much as Swansea value him at.

My understanding on the situation is this. We aren't going to win the league or get promotion this year, I accept this. Lets find our feet in the championship but not get carried away.

When GJ arrived there were lots of quotes said about us playing exciting, attacking football, like some one says teams scoring 3 but we'll score 4. Well due to many reasons, the change of players , injuries and the time it took for GJ to mould his team it didn't really happen did it?

We had a successful season, at last, but because it was so tense it was never really exciting. We needed the points so badly we couldn't really dare to be adventurous when the pressure was on, we had to make sure of the win and at times played very safe football. i'm not knocking that as it was what was needed and got the end result.

However this season is going to be different. There is no pressure on us to get promoted, just to stay up which surely we should be capible of! GJ & co have gone back to the idea of entertaining and enjoyment and have signed players who have proven ability and such qualities. Trundle, if we get him, only adds to the package.

I'm looking forward to some good games this season!

We had a successful season, at last, but because it was so tense it was never really exciting. We needed the points so badly we couldn't really dare to be adventurous when the pressure was on, we had to make sure of the win and at times played very safe football. i'm not knocking that as it was what was needed and got the end result.

However this season is going to be different.

Amen to that, I think you've got it spot on.

As you say, if there was any criticism last season it's that some of our attacking football was limited and didn't provide the entertainment that GJ often says he wants supporters to enjoy. I think this signing is designed to be dual purpose - fill an important gap and provide the shortfall of entertainment.

If you sign two talented and extremely fast wingers as we have done, then you have the ability (I think luxury is the wrong word) to sign an older wiser possibly less mobile striker to finish things off in the middle and have a free role to cause a bit of havoc.

That's what you get with Trundle and I think there is a welcome element of GJ identifying the need for greater entertainment. As this might demonstrate: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XAk5VqVrEk4 Some of that is stunning and well worth the entrance money. Now just imagine if when he scores a winner against Cardiff :)

Now just imagine if when he scores a winner against Cardiff :)

At Ninian Park and runs up the bob bank stand touchline with his ear cupped to the stand.

Actually I think that would cause WW3 :rolleyes:

And is LT10 wanting to move?

Oh dear, if the Liverpudlian Trundles over the "muddy pond" to AG, he will no longer be LT10, cos we have our very own Liverpudlian, no less than the currently celebrated PJ10!....unless of course previously presented threads on PJ's movements are to be believed, in which case LT10 could still be LT10!

:shifty:

Archived