IGNORED

Andy Cole

Cheddared

Apologies if this has been mentioned recently, however i don't spend too much time on here as i have more important things to do, like go to the pub and work.

I haven't read Andy Cole's autobiography, and why would I (?), but somebody last night, who is a season ticket holder, reliably informed me last night that Andy Cole mentioned he wanted to finish his career at Bristol City!? Does anyone out there know if there is any truth in this, afterall we did really kick start his career?? Or is my friend disillusioned and needing of being woken up!?

Over to you.....

Apologies if this has been mentioned recently, however i don't spend too much time on here as i have more important things to do, like go to the pub and work.

I haven't read Andy Cole's autobiography, and why would I (?), but somebody last night, who is a season ticket holder, reliably informed me last night that Andy Cole mentioned he wanted to finish his career at Bristol City!? Does anyone out there know if there is any truth in this, afterall we did really kick start his career?? Or is my friend disillusioned and needing of being woken up!?

Over to you.....

don't get me wrong i loved seeing Andy Cole in a City shirt and i thought he was awesome.

He actually said that 'Moving to Bristol City was the biggest mistake in his footballing career'.. He was a bigheaded trouble maker when he was with us, if you can remember he wouldn't train with the team before games he would stay in the dressing room listening to his walkman..

He obviously thought that he was too good for us and couldnt wait to leave..

After we put the guy in the spotlight and put him on the road to a great carreer you would have thought he could acknowledge it was BCFC who put him where his is now not slag us off in his book..

After we put the guy in the spotlight and put him on the road to a great carreer you would have thought he could acknowledge it was BCFC who put him where his is now not slag us off in his book..

I thought it was somewhere else (Four Four Two?) where he made a negative comment. Not read the book but someone who did told me he was fairly complimentary particularly about Tony Fawthrop, who bought him to the club. Unfortunately he wasn't complimentary enough to get Fawthrop's name correct (if you check the book he calls him something else).

Didn't Andy Cole come back to Ashton Gate for Andy Llewellyn's testimonial. I was there and seem to remember so. His opinion and time for the club can't be that low if he was prepared to come back from a Man Utd title challenge to honour Llewy.

he did play in Andy's testimonel, well he was there but didn't exactly do much, him and joe jordon up front! shocking

it wasn't in his book he had a pop at City, though he did say something about it wasn't the best place to move to and basically just said that the move did it's purpose as it got him games, goals and a transfer to a better club.

i think Rob is right it was 4-4-2, that the Cole interview was in where he said what a mistake it was.

anyway..........players want to come to City to finish their career, didn't we learn with Stewart?

He should say a very big thank you to Bristol City and Tony Fawthrop who really started his journey,you sometimes can take things out of text,when writing and saying things,I feel if you spoke to him he would say diferentley and would be thankfull,and he was always keen to say he would keep City up with his goals,which to be fair he did

He was a bigheaded trouble maker when he was with us, if you can remember he wouldn't train with the team before games he would stay in the dressing room listening to his walkman..

Just like to point out that he never did pre-match warm up at old trafford either - he used the gym - specifically the bike for his warm up.

Archived