IGNORED

If We Lose Saturday......

Jimmy

Its been a crazy couple of days really.

On wednesday the boards were cluttererd with 'sack DW posts' and discussions about how we were playing the wrong players in the wrong positions, all manner of negative things. I'm not questionning any of those statements although i certainly dont agree with the 'sack DW brigade', it isnt the intention of the post.

It just amuses me that the signing of one man has given such an unbelievable lift to the entire club, especially, notabley the fans. DW hasnt changes his managerial style, come 3pm saturday it will be the same DW sat on the touchline with the same set of ideas and beliefs regarding the team - so how is it that the signing of one player has completely overshadowed all the negative vibes.

Completely theroetical obviously but what if we play rubbish tomorrow but win 1-0 with an injury time break-away goal by that right winger who we just signed - sorry his name escapes me!

Are the fans happy again or are they still angry and insist Danny should be sacked?

I'm pretty much trying to play devils advocate here, but i do wonder how this board will react if we lose on saturday : will it return to 'DW Out' or has the 'messiah' - currently being advertised as the 'second coming' ensured that DW holds onto his job come in may, come what may.

Wilson will be here next season and the season after that regardless in my opinion, I can't see how the club could afford to pay up the remainder of his contract, then again, if you had told me Thursday morning we were about to sign :clap: :sport19: :ph34r: I would have called in a psychiatrist for you, just goes to show how much us fans actually know what goes on behind the scenes really. :ph34r:

I think most people over the past few weeks have accepted the fact that we will be in the play offs. Nothing has REALLY changed, has it? but with the new signings we will have a better chance of going up in this way, but if we should grab second spot, so much the better.
Exactly sir, the playoffs are the realistic bet now, anything more would be a bonus, we certainly have strengthened our squad by signing Rougier,Murray and Caskey, so who knows.

I'm actually quite surprised that people 'expect' the play-offs now.

Granted we have been in horrendous form as of late but if, and granted it is a big if, we beat QPR at home then the cat is firmly back amongst the pigeons.

Our run in is horrible and really couldnt get much worse but i still believe that automatic promotion is a definate possibility.

With games at home against QPR and Plymouth i would even go as far to say that automatic promotion, however difficult, is still in our own hands.

Guest exiledred
I'm actually quite surprised that people 'expect' the play-offs now.

Granted we have been in horrendous form as of late but if, and granted it is a big if, we beat QPR at home then the cat is firmly back amongst the pigeons.

Our run in is horrible and really couldnt get much worse but i still believe that automatic promotion is a definate possibility.

With games at home against QPR and Plymouth i would even go as far to say that automatic promotion, however difficult, is still in our own hands.

spot on. as usual we haven't made it easy for ourselves, but April means its all in our hands and can still be done. QPR will be one hell of a game. 19,000 and the return of Scotty should make for a great atmos and scre the hell out of QPR, we always raise our game against the big teams so we can still be in top two come may

come on city!!!

If we lose today, it's not the end of the world. I'd expect it would take a while for the 'new team' to gel in any case. Even if you extend that only to the striking pair of Miller and Roberts who have been here all season.

Personally, it's not just Scotty - having seen Rougier play against us, I can't wait to see him in a red shirt carving through midfield.

Nothing personal about Caskey - never seen him play..

Archived