IGNORED

City End With Easy 3-0 Win

MikeDubai

I think all these new players will bring the best out of Myre Williams..He's always had potential in my opinion but I think he lacked confidence and felt a bit of pressure last season because he brooker and enoc were the only forwards so now he's got competetion in the side i think he will excell.

Not good.

Probably around Conference level I'd think, although the Lithuanian outfit we played today is supposed to be of a better quality - according to GJ.

Skonto and Vilnius are regular euro cup teams (Skonto play tonight) and both are into their seasons already so are match fit.

All in all, considering they were the first games of the season, the results weren't too bad. 3-0 up against Skonto then drawing was a bit of a bummer, but we had 9 changes and two triallists for the 2nd half.

A bit harsh I would say. Skonto are definately at League One level. In the second half they like us had nine new players on the pitch and most of them will be in their starting eleven tonight.

Yep - their 2nd half side was their strongest as the reports suggest.

I wouldn't place them anywhere near League1 status - more akin to TNS in the Welsh Premier, which is just about Conference standard.

Then again, I'm only going by results in Europe and I haven't personally seen them play a game so you have the advantage over me on that score.

Well assuming they are Conference/Lower League 2 standard (in reality I would imagine these teams have a few players better or potentially better than Conference level), considering Norwich got beat by Exeter and Ipswich got hammered by Stevenage in the last week, perhaps we don't have as much to worry about as we think!!

Before you bother to waste your time, I know it is pre-season and it doesn't mean a lot!!

Archived