IGNORED

Threesey Does It For City - Fk Zalgiris 0-3 City

cheshire_red

Another great report from Huw,

Ian - please thank him on behalf of all City fans for taking the trouble to write up such a comprehensive report.

Interesting/worrying point made by Huw that he thinks GJ was not impressed by Finnbogason, if the Brooker rumours are true then we still need another striker (in addition to Trundle).

Plus I suppose is that Jevo and Enoch have started well after both having been all but written off by everyone on OTIB !!

CodeRed

am i right in reading that the attendance was 7 :noexpression:

no - attendance = 17

The game was played on a training pitch - not at a stadium, but I suppose a few fans were able to watch (including Huw of course) but most City fans who were at the Skonto game are now back in the UK.

CodeRed

• Admin
Another great report from Huw,

Ian - please thank him on behalf of all City fans for taking the trouble to write up such a comprehensive report.

Interesting/worrying point made by Huw that he thinks GJ was not impressed by Finnbogason, if the Brooker rumours are true then we still need another striker (in addition to Trundle).

Plus I suppose is that Jevo and Enoch have started well after both having been all but written off by everyone on OTIB !!

CodeRed

Not quite everyone, just a very loud vocal minority in fact. If you read the threads although the positive/negative posts are roughly equal in number, you'll discover that the negative posts come from a far smaller pool of posters :D

Also, thanks again for the reports Huw, much appreciated.

Interesting/worrying point made by Huw that he thinks GJ was not impressed by Finnbogason, need another striker (in addition to Trundle).

CodeRed

Finnbogason reminds me of Steven Gillespie when he came from Liverpool. Young, free scoring striker from a top teams' reserves who can't force his way into the first team but seems to have real potential. The difference being Celtic want to keep him.

GJ didn't rate Gillespie highly enough and it could be Finnbogason is no more the finished article than Gillespie was - City need more than potential now we've moved up a division.

Doesn't look good for Finnbogason, great shame with a name like that. ;)

Finnbogason reminds me of Steven Gillespie when he came from Liverpool. Young, free scoring striker from a top teams' reserves who can't force his way into the first team but seems to have real potential. The difference being Celtic want to keep him.

GJ didn't rate Gillespie highly enough and it could be Finnbogason is no more the finished article than Gillespie was - City need more than potential now we've moved up a division.

Doesn't look good for Finnbogason, great shame with a name like that. ;)

I was stood next to Huw at the game today so can't really add anything to his excellent report. I must say that today's performance was the best of the tour so far and it was nice to be very close to the action and see things a lot clearer than from a seat in a stadium.

Just got back from Skonto vs Dinamo Minsk in the UEFA Cup which was not as good a game as this afternoon quality wise.

Four games in Five days is enough for me so it's back to Bristol tomorrow.

Archived