IGNORED

Was Today An Insight Into The Qpr Starting Xi?

tin

I thought it was a very interesting line-up that took to the field today in the resounding win over Vilnius and read quite alot into the team GJ put out for the first half.

For those of you unaware of that we took to the field as follows:

Basso, B.Wilson, Carey, Keogh, McAllister; Sproule, Johnson, Skuse, Murray; Showunmi, Finnbogson.

That looks a pretty solid team to me and it was pleasing to see Wilson given a run-out in his rightful position. With GJ saying this was 'the most sold performance yet' I wouldn't be at all surprised if the line-up against QPR bore a resemblance.

You would expect McCombe to come into the side in place of Keogh, and Finbogasson's future looks very much up in the air so he will drop out, probably for a new striker. Enoch's form has been encouraging so I'd expect him to be nailed on to lead the line.

Is the team taking shape? Will this be enough to getting off to a flier in three weeks?

I thought it was a very interesting line-up that took to the field today in the resounding win over Vilnius and read quite alot into the team GJ put out for the first half.

Basso, B.Wilson, Carey, Keogh, McAllister; Sproule, Johnson, Skuse, Murray; Showunmi, Finnbogson.

That looks a pretty solid team to me and it was pleasing to see Wilson given a run-out in his rightful position. With GJ saying this was 'the most sold performance yet' I wouldn't be at all surprised if the line-up against QPR bore a resemblance.

You would expect McCombe to come into the side in place of Keogh, and Finbogasson's future looks very much up in the air so he will drop out, probably for a new striker. Enoch's form has been encouraging so I'd expect him to be nailed on to lead the line.

Is the team taking shape? Will this be enough to getting off to a flier in three weeks?

isn't Sproule banned for the first 4 games ??

:englandsmile4wf:

Like you cant see finbog signing!think murray will start not sproule(banned)

IMO it will be:

Basso, Orr, Carey, Mccombe, Mcallister, Murray, Mcindoe, Johnson, Skuse Showunmi and AN Other.

Be more than happy with this team. Even more happy when sproule comes back in! Also id be tempted to play Murray up front instead of Enoch if he doesn't start the season to well and then sproule can slot in at rite wing too!

Very Strong league 1 team, very poor Championship team

Like you cant see finbog signing!think murray will start not sproule(banned)

IMO it will be:

Basso, Orr, Carey, Mccombe, Mcallister, Murray, Mcindoe, Johnson, Skuse Showunmi and AN Other.

Be more than happy with this team. Even more happy when sproule comes back in! Also id be tempted to play Murray up front instead of Enoch if he doesn't start the season to well and then sproule can slot in at rite wing too!

I still have doubts over Basso and Orr at this level and hope Wilson gets his chance at right-back otherwise, it's plain useless having him here. Murray most definately should not play up front. He's a winger who will do a job in the Championship (God, I love saying that word!) but definately not as a striker.

That's a plan hatched back in the lunacy of Tinnion's stewardship!

Today's team means absolutely nothing in my view. Noble, Brooker, McIndoe and Artus have yet to even lace their boots up - are you writing all of them off? McCombe has only played one game so far due to injury. There are around half a dozen more games for players to stake a claim. I would wait and see what team takes to the field against Yeovil before even attempting to predict a line-up.

I still have doubts over Basso and Orr at this level and hope Wilson gets his chance at right-back otherwise, it's plain useless having him here. Murray most definately should not play up front. He's a winger who will do a job in the Championship (God, I love saying that word!) but definately not as a striker.

Agree 100% with that stuff. Weale, Wilson and even Betsy are still in my mind as possibilities, and Murray's a stable sub.

Archived