IGNORED

Dj Campbell

Ecko

There was never a chance of us signing him on any basis. whoever suggested this was quite obviously talking rubbish

Why? As a striker who was OK in the Championship but seen as not good enough to make the step up, you could reasonably assume he might be in the £500K - £1M bracket. We might have paid that. It was probably more likely than Naismith, Eastwood or Sharp in all honesty. £2M is too much though.

DJ Campbell is a nothing but an average League 1 striker (with a crap name) who got lucky. £2m for the likes of him is absolutely scandalous. There's a fair chance that Enoch of Jevo will score more goals than him next season. I'm pleased that SL and GJ are not prepared to spend shed loads of money on average players.

The more average strikers seem to be going for stupid money, the more I'm starting to think that 500k-ish for Trundle might be a good deal.

I totally agree with you! Martin Allen has never had money to spend, so he's like a kid in a sweetshop, but he has paid way over the odds.Rowan Vine has also been mentioned, but Birmingham paid a staggering fee of £2.5m for that decidedly average striker last season, so they are trying to recoup, I would expect!!

We were never in the hood for any of those brothers.

To much money-over £2m.

I think the fees & wages at this level for strikers have really shook GJ/SL.

Should have got CS to do some market research, init!

Hang loose Blood, Safe.

Put the prices up again after Christmas?

Archived