IGNORED

Panicstations

DAVE MARTINS HAIR

Hello chaps first time poster

Now as much as I'd love to see a couple of new strikers down the gate next year banging the goals in I think we should calm down a wee bit

In light of some of the recent fees paid out for average strikers like Campbell 2m Chopra 5m and possibly Trundle 1m. If you think back many moons ago when we were on the pitch in front the directors box having secured promotion on that glorious day in May, that promotion was secured by a unit of 18/20 players that had grown over the season into a real TEAM!!! in the past we had failed to get into ths championship with teams that contained some quality individuals names like Tinnion,Lita,Wilkshire,Murray in his prime,Thorpe,Tommy Doc. Last years team was exactly that, players like Keogh and Skuse playing wherever they had to in times of injury and suspension and how many times last year did we go to shitty away grounds where we normally got bullied out of it and went home emptyhanded did we get a win? Carlisle,Crewe,Blackpool,Chesterfield etc.

Look at Forest last year they had 4/5 strikers that on paper should walk into our team and look whos visiting whorefield next season?????

What exactly are we aiming for next year? Promotion? Consolidation? Survival? Unless we are intending to spend 4/5m on 3 or 4 class players then I don't see the point in panicing and blowing our stack on a 'Big Name' such as our large friend Trundle, why does a bloke who plays for a mid table 3rd division team seem to be so concerned with image rights? Maybe he should go to America with Becks???

So IMO the additions of Sproule and McIndoe plus another striker that fits into Johnsons team ethic whatever the transfer fee should be enough for us to manage comfortably next season.

Just hope we don't end up with any loan signings - Andy Smith!!!!!!!!!! last time I saw him was in Miss Millies, before you say it no he was'nt working there he was buying onion rings. :winner_third_h4h:

Now as much as I'd love to see a couple of new strikers down the gate next year banging the goals in I think we should calm down a wee bit

In light of some of the recent fees paid out for average strikers like Campbell 2m Chopra 5m and possibly Trundle 1m. If you think back many moons ago when we were on the pitch in front the directors box having secured promotion on that glorious day in May, that promotion was secured by a unit of 18/20 players that had grown over the season into a real TEAM!!! in the past we had failed to get into ths championship with teams that contained some quality individuals names like Tinnion,Lita,Wilkshire,Murray in his prime,Thorpe,Tommy Doc. Last years team was exactly that, players like Keogh and Skuse playing wherever they had to in times of injury and suspension and how many times last year did we go to shitty away grounds where we normally got bullied out of it and went home emptyhanded did we get a win? Carlisle,Crewe,Blackpool,Chesterfield etc.

Look at Forest last year they had 4/5 strikers that on paper should walk into our team and look whos visiting whorefield next season?????

What exactly are we aiming for next year? Promotion? Consolidation? Survival? Unless we are intending to spend 4/5m on 3 or 4 class players then I don't see the point in panicing and blowing our stack on a 'Big Name' such as our large friend Trundle, why does a bloke who plays for a mid table 3rd division team seem to be so concerned with image rights? Maybe he should go to America with Becks???

So IMO the additions of Sproule and McIndoe plus another striker that fits into Johnsons team ethic whatever the transfer fee should be enough for us to manage comfortably next season.

Just hope we don't end up with any loan signings - Andy Smith!!!!!!!!!! last time I saw him was in Miss Millies, before you say it no he was'nt working there he was buying onion rings. :winner_third_h4h:

Excellent post mate, making several salient points, welcome to the maelstrom!!!

Welcome mate. Yeah some good points there - I think the mood on here is purely down to people being totally fed up with having to wait for news on a striker that just doesn't seem to be coming....!

You can be as cheerful as you like, mate, simply put we didn't have a prolific striker last season in a poorer division.This pre-season we're struggling to get a striker and many targets that have been suggested on this forum and the media have been snapped up.

I wonder if GJ will stay say that we haven't missed out on any of our targets, because if we haven't, I'd like to hear some of the names.

I'm not saying that he's not trying or that he doesn't have some names, but times pressing and the season starts in about three weeks time.All this, players and clubs are keeping their options open doesn't seem to be applying to players like Leon Best.

This pre-season, so far, Brooker's injured and will miss the start as he missed most of last season.Noble's injured and that may well put 4-4-1-1 up the creek as we've no one else to play in the hole.

That leaves us with Showunmi who (touch wood) seems to have started brightly but is injury prone, JMW, who's more of a winger & Jevons to play up front.Finnboggason didn't score or impress in Latvia.

Now, if that line up strikes fear into any opposition or fills many City fans with hope, then I'm not one of them.

Add to that, the fact that Sproule's likely to miss the first four games and that could mean, come Aug 11th, we'll be kicking off with last seasons squad plus McIndoe-Hardly bums on seats stuff, is it??

You can be as cheerful as you like, mate, simply put we didn't have a prolific striker last season in a poorer division.This pre-season we're struggling to get a striker and many targets that have been suggested on this forum and the media have been snapped up.

I wonder if GJ will stay say that we haven't missed out on any of our targets, because if we haven't, I'd like to hear some of the names.

I'm not saying that he's not trying or that he doesn't have some names, but times pressing and the season starts in about three weeks time.All this, players and clubs are keeping their options open doesn't seem to be applying to players like Leon Best.

This pre-season, so far, Brooker's injured and will miss the start as he missed most of last season.Noble's injured and that may well put 4-4-1-1 up the creek as we've no one else to play in the hole.

That leaves us with Showunmi who (touch wood) seems to have started brightly but is injury prone, JMW, who's more of a winger & Jevons to play up front.Finnboggason didn't score or impress in Latvia.

Now, if that line up strikes fear into any opposition or fills many City fans with hope, then I'm not one of them.

Add to that, the fact that Sproule's likely to miss the first four games and that could mean, come Aug 11th, we'll be kicking off with last seasons squad plus McIndoe-Hardly bums on seats stuff, is it??

My sentiments exactly, but I think you have forgotten why the price was increased on season tickets.

Must be a "big" signing waiting in the wings.

Going back to to the official statements that were made, judge us when the season starts. So be it.

My sentiments exactly, but I think you have forgotten why the price was increased on season tickets.

Must be a "big" signing waiting in the wings.

Going back to to the official statements that were made, judge us when the season starts. So be it.

Hope you're right about the big signing or two because it's looking grim on the strikers front.

Archived