IGNORED

Brooker Will He Play Again?

Red Robin

Concerning really according to the press will not be ready for a seasons start again.

The info about his injurys being more than meets the eye seem to be adding up.

I wonder if he will ever pull a shirt on again and play profesional footy again.

It really makes you wonder?

Or perhaps he'll start after three games and score 25/30 goals-Then we'll be crapping ourselves because he'll be out of contract in a year and we'll have to sell him-Well, we won't HAVE to but our frugal board, will.

It is concerning, but we got promoted last season with Brooker contributing virtually zero so, for me, it all depends on City signing at least one, but hopefully TWO decent strikers in the next 7/10 days and if GJ's got any rabbits in the hat, I would humbly suggest now would be a good time to pull them out.

I'm as concerned about Noble's fitness because he's the key player in a 4-4-1-1, although with three quality wide players in the squad a flatter 4-5-1 may work as well.

I don't think Brookers injury is serious enough for him to retire from any level of the game, its just been a long recovery process, bit like the Owen injury in a way may take some time to regain full fitness.. The trouble is once the injury has completley healed which cold take a few eeks there a question of him getting match fit, thats another few weeks so I cant see Brooker being ready until at least mid-late September.

As for him wearing a City shirt again if he returns to good fitness I think he will get back in the side. Brooker has been very loyall to us over the past few seasons just gets on with what he's asked to do and has been through alot of personal problems off the pitch which I don't need to go into so I'm sure GJ and SL are keen to keep him in the side.

Someone said it on here last season, and I think it tends to be a valid point. Brooker might be a touch more motivated to play games at a higher level, where it's a big game every week.

It'll be interesting to see how many games he manages now we've got to that level.

If he doesn't turn his career around he's going to see himself follow the path of Lee Matthews.

I'd stay loyal if the club I was with kept extending my contract for more money despite me not helping to achieve success and there's absolutely no interest elsewhere!

Very concerned by Brooker being injured for pre season, he takes ages to get fit and isn't effective until he's at 100% due to the way he plays. As shown by last year Brooker doesn't really contribute while he's not playing and in the championship he'll be a dead weight up front until he's fully fit. Can we afford 5-6 games in a row carrying a player?

We do need one striker if we're going for 1 up front to rival Showunmi with Jevons/Noble in behind and 2 if we want the 2 up option as for me until SB can prove he can stay fit he's written off.

i think there were times last season after brooker had a long lay off he was rushed back into the team, therefore making his injury worse by the day.

whenever he had 'recovered' from an injury last season, he wouldnt play more than a few matches before getting injured again.

obviously gary wouldnt of played him if the medical team had advised otherwise, but looking back on it a full recovery last season would of been much more of a benifit to everyone concerned

whenever he had 'recovered' from an injury last season, he wouldnt play more than a few matches before getting injured again.

That's the worry really, he was never really rushed back and still couldn't manage a string of games.

He's the only player I've ever heard of where it seems to be an accepted fact amongst fans that he'll "need 5 or 6 games to get match fit/back to his best" after being out.

If he's back in full training and picked for the team he should be back in the groove after half an hour.

There'll never be a time when City will have the luxury of having a striker not expected to contribute much/be at his best for 5 games after being injured.

Steve Brooker is a quality player who knows where the back of the net is and puts the fear into the opposition defences. I think it's time that everyone on here gave him a bit of support. He has had an awful year with injuries and at HM pleasure and I think the guy needs city fans to get behind him (remember what he did do on the pitch a couple of seasons ago) I for one am confident that he will come back, lets hope he still wants to play for us (despite the negative posts on here about him) when he does. He is still young despite appearances. Can we all get a bit more psychologically literate on here and get behind our players unless we want to drive them out of the club / football. A la me and my feelings about Dave Partridge (the guy who I still havent forgiven for... the start of Steve's problems, Scotty Brown's bad year (great kid though maybe not up to championship standard yet) and basically wasting a lot of money and not really up to it) by all means slate the parasites but Brooker aint no waster and with injuries sorted can and will come good!

Up the City! BELIEVE!

Steve Brooker is a quality player who knows where the back of the net is and puts the fear into the opposition defences. I think it's time that everyone on here gave him a bit of support. He has had an awful year with injuries and at HM pleasure and I think the guy needs city fans to get behind him (remember what he did do on the pitch a couple of seasons ago) I for one am confident that he will come back, lets hope he still wants to play for us (despite the negative posts on here about him) when he does. He is still young despite appearances. Can we all get a bit more psychologically literate on here and get behind our players unless we want to drive them out of the club / football. A la me and my feelings about Dave Partridge (the guy who I still havent forgiven for... the start of Steve's problems, Scotty Brown's bad year (great kid though maybe not up to championship standard yet) and basically wasting a lot of money and not really up to it) by all means slate the parasites but Brooker aint no waster and with injuries sorted can and will come good!

Up the City! BELIEVE!

Football has no sentiments involved,BROOKER has cost us a fortune and has not produced,Brooker was a reasonable player when he arrived from PV,However he has not given us VALUE FOR MONEY

Believe in city, GJ and the players you miserable b@*~###@s!

My god this forum is like a bad counselling space for neurotic pessimists

If GJ can get the striker he and we all know he needs then he will

If he can't then we best get behind what we have got!

Again far too many pyschologically illiterate people on here... probably the same people who fail to sing and get behind the team apart from when we score, look at us like we are axe murderers when we passionately get behind the team, boo the team when things aren't rosey and leave early to avoid the traffic getting in my way from seeing the most exciting part of the match!!! :grr:

I wouldnt say this post is out of order at all, its a valid question. Lets be fair, hows longs this injury been dragging on for, since last year now!!

While S B remains on BCFC's books it might be a good idea & aid his confidence & recovery if City fans acknowledge the man as he sits in the stands.

An occasional rousing rendition of 'We Love You Stevie -We Do, We Love You Stevie -We Do' etc... is bound to be far more beneficial than to have him reading 'the end is nigh' comments on here, support the bloke, & let him know its an injury he's fighting & not City fans as well!..

I wouldnt say this post is out of order at all, its a valid question. Lets be fair, hows longs this injury been dragging on for, since last year now!!
Exactly my feelings, I don't think that the op is kicking him when he's down, it's not like he said 'I hope he never pulls a shirt on and plays profesional footy again' is it. It is worrying, I like Brooker and hope he can come back to his best but I also worry that he could also go the way of Lee Matthews.

I agree, a perfectly fair question. Especially considering that there have been rumblings on here for months that there's more to this than we officially know.

Believe in city, GJ and the players you miserable b@*~###@s!

I love the people that come out with drivel like this because they're the first to stop coming, travelling and posting when things go pearshaped

My god this forum is like a bad counselling space for neurotic pessimists

Or down to earth realists?

If GJ can get the striker he and we all know he needs then he will.

Oh great.I feel much better now :disapointed2se:

If he can't then we best get behind what we have got!

Terrific.I would have appreciated knowing that before I paid 30% more for my ST.Something I was told would enable us to compete.

Again far too many pyschologically illiterate people on here... probably the same people who fail to sing and get behind the team apart from when we score, look at us like we are axe murderers when we passionately get behind the team, boo the team when things aren't rosey and leave early to avoid the traffic getting in my way from seeing the most exciting part of the match!!! :grr:

No doubt you are a prince amongst fans-however, you'll be telling a different tale if we start the season poorly or miss out due to lack of quality upfront.As others have said, it's a valid point, in not tremedously well put

While S B remains on BCFC's books it might be a good idea & aid his confidence & recovery if City fans acknowledge the man as he sits in the stands.

That's what happened last season

An occasional rousing rendition of 'We Love You Stevie -We Do, We Love You Stevie -We Do' etc... is bound to be far more beneficial than to have him reading 'the end is nigh' comments on here, support the bloke, & let him know its an injury he's fighting & not City fans as well!..

Better an injury than burly night club staff though, ay ;)

Archived