IGNORED

Nfl Anybody?

howey_ducky

anybody else watch/follow the nfl?

I'm a packers fan myself, so as you can imagine, not looking forward to a great season. Got some half tidy drafts picks so might not be all bad. Lost ahman green though so i cant get excited about to many great favre passes into the end zone. still, bring on october and wembley

anybody else watch/follow the nfl?

I'm a packers fan myself, so as you can imagine, not looking forward to a great season. Got some half tidy drafts picks so might not be all bad. Lost ahman green though so i cant get excited about to many great favre passes into the end zone. still, bring on october and wembley

I'm a Raiders fan so things can't get much worse for me. Farve has gone on too long in my opinion, if he would've retired a couple of season ago he could've retired at the top. Looking forward to watching the Chargers to see LT mix it up a bit and Manning is always good to watch moving around plays at the Colts offensive line. Not forgetting of course the Chigaco "D".

I'm a Raiders fan so things can't get much worse for me. Farve has gone on too long in my opinion, if he would've retired a couple of season ago he could've retired at the top. Looking forward to watching the Chargers to see LT mix it up a bit and Manning is always good to watch moving around plays at the Colts offensive line. Not forgetting of course the Chigaco "D".

i agree mate, farve has gone at least two seasons to long. remenmer the playoffs in 2004, 2mins left in overtime, paackers 3 points up, packers possession, favre throws, interception, i'll never fogive him for that. He's only got about 7 td passes to go to beat marino, thats what he's still about for i think. the chicago d wont stand up to the packers d after the draft (first 2 picks for packers went on d, although, not very high in the draft). Jamarcus russel, now theres a story in the making! be very niteresting to see whether he performs.

i agree mate, farve has gone at least two seasons to long. remenmer the playoffs in 2004, 2mins left in overtime, paackers 3 points up, packers possession, favre throws, interception, i'll never fogive him for that. He's only got about 7 td passes to go to beat marino, thats what he's still about for i think. the chicago d wont stand up to the packers d after the draft (first 2 picks for packers went on d, although, not very high in the draft). Jamarcus russel, now theres a story in the making! be very niteresting to see whether he performs.

A big year for Eli at the Giants. If he doesn't perform this year he could be in all sorts of trouble. Watch out for the Cowboys after Parcels as started them on the comeback trail although I'm not sure Romo is up to the job over the whole season

The question I emailed into the NFL Live on Five on Sunday night/Monday morning was read out during the Colts/Chargers game. ;)

"We've got a question here from Aaron Eamer..."

Damn right you have!

Miami has the Dolphins,

The greatest football team!

We take the ball from goal to goal,

Like no one's ever seen!

We're in the air,

We're on the ground,

We're always in control.

So when you say Miami,

You're talking Super Bowl!

(Chorus 1)

Cause we're the Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins Number 1.

It's sad i support the worst team in NFL history.

Miami has the Dolphins,

The greatest football team!

We take the ball from goal to goal,

Like no one's ever seen!

We're in the air,

We're on the ground,

We're always in control.

So when you say Miami,

You're talking Super Bowl!

(Chorus 1)

Cause we're the Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins Number 1.

It's sad i support the worst team in NFL history.

Don't count your chickens yet. My money's on my Jets finishing with a worse record this year!!

Don't count your chickens yet. My money's on my Jets finishing with a worse record this year!!

I bloody hope not, got my heart set on the first draft pick next year!

Not that we'd use it well mind or probably even keep it...sigh

NLF is not even sport, it's "sports entertainment". As such it barely qualifies as filler between advertising. It's what people are trying to do to the beautiful game and I despise it.

Look at what happens. A bunch of people run into each other in big girlie protection gear, and then someone measures how far they got. No skill involved at all, no creativity, just dumb brawn and 28 different umpires.

They stop every 10 seconds for a break, a 60 minute playtime game somehow lasts most of a day, and half the "fans" are more interested in the half time show.

I'd rather gouge my own eye out with a rusty spoon than sit through that shit.

Other than that it's OK.

NLF is not even sport, it's "sports entertainment". As such it barely qualifies as filler between advertising. It's what people are trying to do to the beautiful game and I despise it.

Look at what happens. A bunch of people run into each other in big girlie protection gear, and then someone measures how far they got. No skill involved at all, no creativity, just dumb brawn and 28 different umpires.

They stop every 10 seconds for a break, a 60 minute playtime game somehow lasts most of a day, and half the "fans" are more interested in the half time show.

Other than that it's OK.

Used to think that myself until I went to work in Cincinnati for a while and took in a few games. Had a brilliant time, the atmosphere is great, I met the Ben-Gals (cheerleaders) and the fact that they serve you beer in your seat is just mighty. As for the half time show, it is certainly better than whats dished up down The Gate. We could learn alot. Oh, and by the way as for catering you can have anything from a Burger to a Chinese.

Pasty anyone???

Other than that it's OK.

What utter tosh.

Try understanding the game and you'll enjoy it a lot more.

What utter tosh.

Thats right. In some ways you could say it is similar to Rugby League is as much in league you have 6 tackles to advance before changing over and in NFL 4 downs to advance or change over.

Study the game a bit more because there is a lot more to it than you first think.

What utter tosh.

I do understand it thanks to John Madden's football and a previous housemate who was obsessed with it. I still think it's completely crap and served up with a plastic cheesy WWE style wrapper and I despise it. If you like it, good for you, but don't assume that just because I think it's awful I don't understand it.

Thats right. In some ways you could say it is similar to Rugby League is as much in league you have 6 tackles to advance before changing over and in NFL 4 downs to advance or change over.

Study the game a bit more because there is a lot more to it than you first think.

I reckon Rugby league is shit as well but at least the northern monkeys don't wear girly pads. It's very unwatchable as you say.

I don't find anything entertaining about big blokes running at each other and pushing each other on the floor no matter how hard the impacts are. It's just not interesting.

It's this whole "athletes" thing. I don't want to watch athletes, if I did I'd watch athletics. I don't care how big they are or how fast they can run. I don't care what food is on sale or what organ music they play to make people sing.

I want to watch skilled sportsmen doing something creative and original.

I find that Rugby Union is far more entertaining to watch than either because there's more skill and creativity to it plus turnovers happen far, far more often.

The only American sport that I can watch without the aid of mind altering drugs is basketball.

don't really understand Amercican Football. I like Rugby League. Ive got a mate who comes from jsut outside Liverpool and is a St Helens fan, has been for his whole life so ive kind of adopted them as my team in Rugby League. Rugby Union tends to be a bit boring sometimes with all the kicking they do. Still good to watch most of the time though.

whoops.....huge measures of humble pie for you my friend, Favre has been awesome this year.

A big year for Eli at the Giants. If he doesn't perform this year he could be in all sorts of trouble. Watch out for the Cowboys after Parcels as started them on the comeback trail although I'm not sure Romo is up to the job over the whole season

Eli appears to have buckled under the pressure somewhat this year. unfair to compare him to big bro who is going to be a hall of famer or to his father who is somewhat of a legend (in New Orleans at least!) As for Romo......aren't the Cowboys 8-1 now? 2nd best record to the Pats, who unless Pittsburgh beat them in Week 14 are gonna proceed to the Superbowl undefeated.

Other than that it's OK.

total philistine!

I do understand it thanks to John Madden's football and a previous housemate who was obsessed with it. I still think it's completely crap and served up with a plastic cheesy WWE style wrapper and I despise it. If you like it, good for you, but don't assume that just because I think it's awful I don't understand it.

I reckon Rugby league is shit as well but at least the northern monkeys don't wear girly pads. It's very unwatchable as you say.

I don't find anything entertaining about big blokes running at each other and pushing each other on the floor no matter how hard the impacts are. It's just not interesting.

It's this whole "athletes" thing. I don't want to watch athletes, if I did I'd watch athletics. I don't care how big they are or how fast they can run. I don't care what food is on sale or what organ music they play to make people sing.

I find that Rugby Union is far more entertaining to watch than either because there's more skill and creativity to it plus turnovers happen far, far more often.

The only American sport that I can watch without the aid of mind altering drugs is basketball.

Sorry Nibor, but maybe a bus trip outside of Bristol will open up a whole new world. In saying that, its only my opinion and I respect yours even if I don't agree with it. End of arguement !!

don't really understand Amercican Football. I like Rugby League. Ive got a mate who comes from jsut outside Liverpool and is a St Helens fan, has been for his whole life so ive kind of adopted them as my team in Rugby League. Rugby Union tends to be a bit boring sometimes with all the kicking they do. Still good to watch most of the time though.

They kick a lot more in Union, Giles

Sorry Nibor, but maybe a bus trip outside of Bristol will open up a whole new world. In saying that, its only my opinion and I respect yours even if I don't agree with it. End of arguement !!

Tone I've been to more places than most, and it doesn't stop American Football making me wish I had an IKEA catalogue. It takes all sorts mate - there are even people out there who like cricket believe it or not.

See where i get the enjoyment from is the amazing amount of skill the QB's have. You have to throw a ball often on the move 20 yards in an area where a player will be in time to catch while simultaneously putting it far enough away from the guy right next to him who's trying to stop that. It's fascinating to see people hit that small pocket of air so regularly.

I enjoy the mind games of the play calling and i'd be lying if people crashing into each other wasn't amusing.

I can why people would hate the length of the match and the americaness about it. But it's good because it's different. You can wander off and make some food and buy more beer which to me is a good thing.

Basketball i can't stand. The constant highs are dulled because it's so repetitive although i do enjoy watching the great moments of skill and the end of games where it's tense.

Ice hockey is the best though. Like football but more violence and quicker. It's my second favourite sport.

See where i get the enjoyment from is the amazing amount of skill the QB's have. You have to throw a ball often on the move 20 yards in an area where a player will be in time to catch while simultaneously putting it far enough away from the guy right next to him who's trying to stop that. It's fascinating to see people hit that small pocket of air so regularly.

Yeah, and if they had to do it over 60 yards with their feet, without stopping for a break every few seconds it would be almost as skillful as real football :)

Yeah, and if they had to do it over 60 yards with their feet, without stopping for a break every few seconds it would be almost as skillful as real football :)

Ahh but the ball can bounce and the pressure is different. It's much less vital to lose the ball high up the pitch in real football.

You can just put in in a space ahead of the player and if he's quicker he can get it. The QB has to put it close enough to the receiver to catch it. It's a much harder skill over long distances IMO.

Ahh but the ball can bounce and the pressure is different. It's much less vital to lose the ball high up the pitch in real football.

Ball bouncing isn't really relevant, if it bounces wrong it's a bad pass in football too. Less vital to lose the ball high up the pitch? Not sure really, it can put you on the immediate back foot and cost you a goal, and chances in football are fewer and further between. Lower scoring games have less room for error.

You can just put in in a space ahead of the player and if he's quicker he can get it. The QB has to put it close enough to the receiver to catch it. It's a much harder skill over long distances IMO.

The envelope a QB has to hit might be slightly smaller but he gets to use his hands and so does the other guy. He also gets three goes at it before being forced to kick.

I wouldn't deny there can be brief moments of excitement in American Girlieball, but out of the 60 minutes of playtime they're usually just a few seconds. There's an awful lot of mundane grabbing 4 yards, spoiling play and the stoppages are terrible.

Now if it was iron man and the clock never stopped it might be more worth watching. Why do they need 800 players per side anyway?

Ball bouncing isn't really relevant, if it bounces wrong it's a bad pass in football too. Less vital to lose the ball high up the pitch? Not sure really, it can put you on the immediate back foot and cost you a goal, and chances in football are fewer and further between. Lower scoring games have less room for error.

The envelope a QB has to hit might be slightly smaller but he gets to use his hands and so does the other guy. He also gets three goes at it before being forced to kick.

I wouldn't deny there can be brief moments of excitement in American Girlieball, but out of the 60 minutes of playtime they're usually just a few seconds. There's an awful lot of mundane grabbing 4 yards, spoiling play and the stoppages are terrible.

Now if it was iron man and the clock never stopped it might be more worth watching. Why do they need 800 players per side anyway?

How many exciting moments in real football? The key to both sports successes i think is that the peaks of excitement are so great because the games are generally rather dull.

Three teams and the large amount of injuries per side is the reason they have 46 players per side per game although only about 30 are used. The average career length for a running back in the NFL is only 3 years as he's usually forced to retire through injury! Even with the padding.

I don't mind a sport that gives you food, beer, lovely ladies and the opportunity to wander off and not miss things!

Archived