IGNORED

Should Have We Upped The £££ For Trundle ?

reggiedenim

Ive not come on to slate SL and the board for not paying over the odd's for a 30 year old player.. However i find it totally rediculous that we sold a complete unproven talent in Dave Cottrill to Wigan for 2million - which lets be totally honest with ourselves was a gift from the gods. We would have settled on half of that only 6 hours earlier. But we're not prepared to gamble 50% of that on a striker that has scored 20+ for the last 4 years.

Was it not worth pulling out all the stops to get LT even if there is no sell on value. Surely the money we pay for him will keep us in the Championship for at least a season.. Is that not worth an extra couple of hundered grand ??

I don't know what figures Swans were looking for - but its obvious GJ wanted this man and i feel the board have not acted in the clubs best interest on this occasion... Its a far bigger gamble NOT bringing in a striker of that calibre into this football club and hoping "spirit" and "the quaility we've already got" will keep us up.

Everyone knows we need a striker and every club is going to want a decent fee from us - Its as simple as that... You have to pay for quality. I'm not suprised Swansea want a load of money for him - so would City in there shoes.

We're prepared to sell our players for over the odds - but every player we bring in it seems SL wants to call the shots on how much to pay..

Ive not come on to slate SL and the board for not paying over the odd's for a 30 year old player.. However i find it totally rediculous that we sold a complete unproven talent in Dave Cottrill to Wigan for 2million - which lets be totally honest with ourselves was a gift from the gods. We would have settled on half of that only 6 hours earlier. But we're not prepared to gamble 50% of that on a striker that has scored 20+ for the last 4 years.

Was it not worth pulling out all the stops to get LT even if there is no sell on value. Surely the money we pay for him will keep us in the Championship for at least a season.. Is that not worth an extra couple of hundered grand ??

I don't know what figures Swans were looking for - but its obvious GJ wanted this man and i feel the board have not acted in the clubs best interest on this occasion... Its a far bigger gamble NOT bringing in a striker of that calibre into this football club and hoping "spirit" and "the quaility we've already got" will keep us up.

Everyone knows we need a striker and every club is going to want a decent fee from us - Its as simple as that... You have to pay for quality. I'm not suprised Swansea want a load of money for him - so would City in there shoes.

We're prepared to sell our players for over the odds - but every player we bring in it seems SL wants to call the shots on how much to pay..

Good points made, but I doubt LT10 would sign for us anyway. As others have said - he is aware of the interest, he only had to slap in a transfer request.

thats what wigan offerred to pay no argument no tooing and throwing sl snatched there hand off.

Good points made, but I doubt LT10 would sign for us anyway. As others have said - he is aware of the interest, he only had to slap in a transfer request.

I'm not sure this is true. if trundle was not at all interested in a move then he would of stated publically his love for the swans and how he would only ever leave for the premiership or in particular his beloved everton, blah, blah, blah. but we heard none of that. also there were quite a few people swearing blind they'd seen him at AG. so reading between the lines he must of been at least tempted. or at least was hoping this would alert others clubs.

the last thing he would want would be to slap in a transfer request and have the jacks love for him turn to hate. he would never do that. if he did leave i am sure he would want to remain on good terms with the swans fans.

as for the points made by the original poster for this thread, they are excellent points. i am sure the swans would take £1m up front. and when you look at it in terms of what we got for cotts a mil for LT would be good business if we only got two good years and consolidated it would pay back itself as an investment many times. having said that I'm not a doom and gloom merchant, and i feel we have enough quality to stay up already, as well as the spirit and organisation and one of the best managers outside the premiership IMO.

thats what wigan offerred to pay no argument no tooing and throwing sl snatched there hand off.

Understand why SL done that Yessir, it was a fantastic deal for City.

Thats why the shoe is on the other foot now.

S Lansdown MUST go the full hog to capture Lee Trundle.

I'm 100% sure Gay Johnson would be a happy man, and the fans would 100% love it too (taking no notice of a very small minority that wouldnt want him).

He will also put bums on seats!

I'm sure more season tickets would be sold instantly.

He is a proven goalscorer, and for under a million, about the best out there.

I reckon he would want to come to.

Understand why SL done that Yessir, it was a fantastic deal for City.

Thats why the shoe is on the other foot now.

S Lansdown MUST go the full hog to capture Lee Trundle.

I'm 100% sure Gay Johnson would be a happy man, and the fans would 100% love it too (taking no notice of a very small minority that wouldnt want him).

He will also put bums on seats!

I'm sure more season tickets would be sold instantly.

He is a proven goalscorer, and for under a million, about the best out there.

I reckon he would want to come to.

Arny what would you say the full hog is 1 mill, more, like the cotterill deal if we'd offerred 2 mill he'd be training tomorrow, what would be your limit mate there has to be one.

Arny what would you say the full hog is 1 mill, more, like the cotterill deal if we'd offerred 2 mill he'd be training tomorrow, what would be your limit mate there has to be one.

30k and some of those blow up sheep that appear on the terraces every time we travel to wales. if they won't budge, lie, tell them theres a chance they could have partdidge for £400k if the deal is agreed. They'd surely go for that.

#

Good question cocker.

Personally, when i see and read what some fairly average players are going for, then Trundle IS worth a million.

Now thats the problem as GJ said on world today.

Agents run around like headless chickens trying to line their pockets.

Saying that, i reckon he IS worth that amount. Very high profile, and would be great for City on and off the pitch.

Now if Swansea turn that down (well if it was offered by SL) they would be mental.

So lets wait and see.

Sleepless nights being a City fan.

Must be a nightmare for GJ, but I'm sure the bloke will handle the sitution well as he always do!!!!!!

Spot on. Most fans I know WOULDN'T be happy if City splashed say £1.5 mill on Trundle. There is a great deal of added pressure put on the player and manager (and chairman to an extent) when a big money move like that comes in.

I'd rather City took a chance on a couple of cheaper strikers who have potential to get better.

Spot on. Most fans I know WOULDN'T be happy if City splashed say £1.5 mill on Trundle. There is a great deal of added pressure put on the player and manager (and chairman to an extent) when a big money move like that comes in.

I'd rather City took a chance on a couple of cheaper strikers who have potential to get better.

But who are they PW?

I'm sure GJ has scowered that market mate

Don't pay a million plus for him, just remember tony thorpe! we paid a million and he walked away for sod all on a bosman :disapointed2se:

Yeps, i cant really see Trundle as an investment in the future, only if your talking a one season future which in many respects we are...oh dear! :noexpression:

Yeps, i cant really see Trundle as an investment in the future, only if your talking a one season future which in many respects we are...oh dear! :noexpression:

But a Trundle investment may not have been an investment for the future, more one for us to maintain our Championship status!!!!

This debate could go on for ever, but i just cant think of anyone better out there, experienced, goalscorer, high profile, under a million ?????? that could do a job for us!!!

Ok Yessir....in your opinion....can you tell us or me if you would prefer who in your opinion, we will sign before the start of the season...?

Matt you know it's not that simple, you can be close to signing someone and it goes pearshaped at the last minute, so giving out names would be stupid so if you don't mind I'll stick to sometimes commenting on who we won't sign ie MC.

Well Arny Id personally like to see Ben Sahar or that Liverpool guy who smashed 3 pass wrexham! But again they would be untried at our level and would only be on loan as cant see their clubs wanting to sell them! Id also like to see Leon Knight but he has baggage! I think Mccleod would be a good signing to more of a longer term investment than trundle!but think maybe his price would put SL off! these off course are IMO. I'm sure I can think of more but as ive been put on the spot my mind has gone blank! That said again would like to see trunds in the city shirt!

Me, included mate. I wouldn't have been at all happy had we splashed that sort of figure on a 31-year old.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see us turn our attention back to Richard Cresswell, Ben Sahar and Naismith now... :ph34r:

Confirm or deny Mr. Yessir, or should I say hot or cold? (Please?)

Well Arny Id personally like to see Ben Sahar or that Liverpool guy who smashed 3 pass wrexham! But again they would be untried at our level and would only be on loan as cant see their clubs wanting to sell them! Id also like to see Leon Knight but he has baggage! I think Mccleod would be a good signing too more of a long term investment than trundle!but think maybe his price would put SL off! these off course are IMO. I'm sure I can think of more but as ive been put on the spot my mind has gone blank!

To much oggling my avatar Stroudy........ :innocent06:

Archived