IGNORED

Just Back From Torquay

wookey

"Championship - you must be joking" sang the Torquay fans and you couldn't blame them. Despite Gary's red glasses comments City were torn apart in the second half by a Conference side.

Positives,

Russell in the first half produced most of the City's good football.

Enoch played well in the air but missed two sitters.

McIndoe showed some nice touches and made himself available on the touchline which was pleasing. He will be popular.

Ribeiro came on in the second half and played superbly. He showed great maturity and authority. Should make his first team debut pretty soon.

Negatives,

Skuse, as usual may as well had not been there, we do need a ball winning midfielder.

Plummer was a neat little player who did not have the physical presence to play up front with Enoch.

Tonight showed once again that we desperately need a half decent striker.

Whoever decided to ship Benyon must have a red face tonight. If Benyon had been in the City team alongside Enoch we would have got a few goals.

Torquay did play well.

"Championship - you must be joking" sang the Torquay fans and you couldn't blame them. Despite Gary's red glasses comments City were torn apart in the second half by a Conference side.

Positives,

Russell in the first half produced most of the City's good football.

Enoch played well in the air but missed two sitters.

McIndoe showed some nice touches and made himself available on the touchline which was pleasing. He will be popular.

Ribeiro came on in the second half and played superbly. He showed great maturity and authority. Should make his first team debut pretty soon.

Negatives,

Skuse, as usual may as well had not been there, we do need a ball winning midfielder.

Plummer was a neat little player who did not have the physical presence to play up front with Enoch.

Tonight showed once again that we desperately need a half decent striker.

Whoever decided to ship Benyon must have a red face tonight. If Benyon had been in the City team alongside Enoch we would have got a few goals.

Torquay did play well.

JUST TO ADD MY TWO PENNETH

the young forwards were all very quick in the second half, fast enough to worry even championship defenses,

Weale i thought was a shambles, everytime the ball was passed back to him it was panic time.

Skuse i agree, was all over the pitch but did nothing

big concern though was we won very few first headers from their keepers kicks, and Orr was exposed for lack of pace more than once.

biggest plus Ribeiro, not seen him before, looks a class act, and McIndoe certainly has the skills and is definately a crowd pleaser.

Enoch, i just don;t know, i had him down for three clear chances, but he never looked confident in front of goal,

Maybe Yeovil will tell us more, as i'm still not convinced Forest Gren will take place.

:englandsmile4wf:

Torquay wanted it more imo,we played with little urgency and less composure especially when we were attacking.Weale was probably the best advert for Adriano Basso, and Betsy carried on his form from last season.

Russell looked composed and as has been stated elsewhere, Riberio was the best player in red along with McIndoe.

McAllister's ankle still seems a concern, may still need lb cover, now Giminez has gone.

All in all a very subdued display but the consolation is that we have 6 more pre-season games(hopefully!) before we play host to QPR.

Torquay wanted it more imo,we played with little urgency and less composure especially when we were attacking.Weale was probably the best advert for Adriano Basso, and Betsy carried on his form from last season.

Russell looked composed and as has been stated elsewhere, Riberio was the best player in red along with McIndoe.

McAllister's ankle still seems a concern, may still need lb cover, now Giminez has gone.

All in all a very subdued display but the consolation is that we have 6 more pre-season games(hopefully!) before we play host to QPR.

McAllisters problem was his blisters, not his ankle.

Archived