IGNORED

Not Directly A Trundle Thread...

more of a 'getting the balance right' thread.

talk of a million pound for trundle and people are saying its to much for a 31 (almost!) year old with on sale on value etc ect...

but what i want to know is:

1. if a million pound is to much for a top striker, regardless of age, what type of striker/fee are you people expecting??? not many people were happy with malcom christie when his name was mentioned and he was on a free, now people are saying £1m is to much for trundle. where is the balance in this?

2. £1m does seem a lot for a 31 year old, but the way i look at it, its more expensive not buying the striker to get you the goals to stay up and and be relegated. we would lose a lot more than a million pound that may. plus signing him on a three year contract is the equivilant of paying £333,333 on a new striker each pre-season.

to me, looking at everything together, were going to have to spend the money to bring someone in. if trundle is the player gary wants, stump up the money, otherwise it could cost us a lot more in the long run.

more of a 'getting the balance right' thread.

talk of a million pound for trundle and people are saying its to much for a 31 (almost!) year old with on sale on value etc ect...

but what i want to know is:

1. if a million pound is to much for a top striker, regardless of age, what type of striker/fee are you people expecting??? not many people were happy with malcom christie when his name was mentioned and he was on a free, now people are saying £1m is to much for trundle. where is the balance in this?

2. £1m does seem a lot for a 31 year old, but the way i look at it, its more expensive not buying the striker to get you the goals to stay up and and be relegated. we would lose a lot more than a million pound that may. plus signing him on a three year contract is the equivilant of paying £333,333 on a new striker each pre-season.

to me, looking at everything together, were going to have to spend the money to bring someone in. if trundle is the player gary wants, stump up the money, otherwise it could cost us a lot more in the long run.

We should be getting nearly a million from the Premiership handouts so if we take that into account we would be getting a very good 1m rated striker for nothing so just look at it like that.

Archived