IGNORED

Tailgating

howey_ducky

I'm a bit of an american football fan and have just done my weekly forrage through the green bay packers website and an idea struck me. Before a game over there the fans park up, open the boots of their cars, get the beer cooler open, disposable bbq going and have a good old jolly up. It seems to create a very close-knit community feel for all the fans. Just wondered whether it would work over here. (sure health and safety would have a field day mind you). They don't have a hooligan element and away support is pretty tame due to distances between the clubs but i'm sure if it was policed right it could be a success.

Any thoughts?

(at least it's not another transfer rumor, just something else to think of for 2 mins)

Can't see it working here, weather not good enough and don't really fancy sitting in my boot at the side of the Long Ashton Bypass.

If we had good weather and a very large car park and more people with SUV type cars with boots that could fold down then it'd be good.

i think the average temperature in green bay last year was 12degrees c mate. They just wrap up warm. I agree about the car park situation. Although, the car park at winterstoke road would be an ideal place for it. Don't even need a disposable bbq there if you're brave enough to eat kfc.

Happens all the time when England play at Twickenham.

When Bristol played their last game at Ashton Gate, some 'older' men parked up across the road from me in a seven seater car. Opened the boot and stood under it when it rained. Drank some wine, ate sandwiches and pork pies, then trotted off to the ground.

They seemed happy enough!

MM

I'm a bit of an american football fan and have just done my weekly forrage through the green bay packers website and an idea struck me. Before a game over there the fans park up, open the boots of their cars, get the beer cooler open, disposable bbq going and have a good old jolly up. It seems to create a very close-knit community feel for all the fans. Just wondered whether it would work over here. (sure health and safety would have a field day mind you). They don't have a hooligan element and away support is pretty tame due to distances between the clubs but i'm sure if it was policed right it could be a success.

Any thoughts?

(at least it's not another transfer rumor, just something else to think of for 2 mins)

We are a close-knit community well we are in the miners, Gerry lays on free food for us after a home game. Goes down very well and if weather is good does a BBQ

For some reason reading this post, I am picturing the Ashton Gate car park (or parking lot as we call it here) looking like a Jimmy Buffet concert with guys running around in fancy dress with squirt guns full of cider (instead of margaritas)...singing drink up ye cider...

...somehow I don't see it working because of two main factors - the likelihood of rain and the lack of RV's (Motorhomes) and pickup trucks!

Archived