IGNORED

Pathetic

Collis

I haven't posted for a while due to the usual suspects making this forum dull and painful to read. I can't believe the amount of moaning/panic that is occuring for the simple fact that we have not signed a striker.

As far as I'm concerned its the same posters who repeatedly moan that we have not signed the right players but always get proven wrong! In January the same people were posting the same crap, saying "we won't get promoted if we don't sign a striker" etc, and look what happened!

After all we went through last season would it not pay a little to trust what our manager is doing? We have been in this position before and he made it work, so why are people hell bent on bashing his sentiments?

I honestly believe that ES, PJ, IS, TP and SB will do the business for us this season and we don't necessarily need another unless the right player comes along.

Seeing as many are saying we will go down if we don't sign anyone, I will stick my neck out and say we definitely won't and I will wait to be proven right.

I will stick my neck out on this one two. I expect us to be challenging the play offs next season with what we already have.

You're joking?

Look at how good Southend's first team was last season - they beat Southampton, Wolves, Sunderland Man U etc etc but still got relegated, due to their small squad. We've added 3 to last seasons small squad (according to GJ). I think you're being a bit too optimistic mucker

I haven't posted for a while due to the usual suspects making this forum dull and painful to read. I can't believe the amount of moaning/panic that is occuring for the simple fact that we have not signed a striker.

As far as I'm concerned its the same posters who repeatedly moan that we have not signed the right players but always get proven wrong! In January the same people were posting the same crap, saying "we won't get promoted if we don't sign a striker" etc, and look what happened!

After all we went through last season would it not pay a little to trust what our manager is doing? We have been in this position before and he made it work, so why are people hell bent on bashing his sentiments?

I honestly believe that ES, PJ, IS, TP and SB will do the business for us this season and we don't necessarily need another unless the right player comes along.

Seeing as many are saying we will go down if we don't sign anyone, I will stick my neck out and say we definitely won't and I will wait to be proven right.

I'm with you here buddy. Great post.

What are you going on about Collis? We are going to get relegated how stupid are you??? Our squad is simply not good enough and l hate Bristol City for everything bad thats happened in the UK, crime, nhs etc.......

Wow, sorry about that, l thought l was AshtonYate for a second....

Great Post Collis...

Is Ivan Sproule not a senior striker? So thats 4, and instant cover.

With Brooker and Showunmi out we nearly beat Middlesbrough away, whats your point?

So you want another two strikers? Thats 6 in total, I'm sure that would be a great morale booster!

Don't forget JMW has pace and can play up front as well.

Ivan Sproule is a WINGER

JMW is yet to show us he was good enough for league one let alone the step up

nearly beat Middlesbourough? with aour current squad we may NEARLY beat relegation, but I suspect we wont still if thats good enough for you

I can't understand how anyone who watched our strikers last season can be confident they will be good enough this season.

Showunmi had a run of half a dozen good games then looked scared, got bullied out of games far too often.

Jevons scored some goals but it was hard to see what else he contributed. May do better with a decent target man alongside him but has no pace.

Until we see Brooker play 10 games in a row we can't even think of relying on him.

JMW is nowhere near ready.

IMO we should be bringing in two strikers, at least one with pace and looking to offload one or two of the three we have.

No he isn't. He is a right winger and thats his best postion and thats where he will play

With Brooker and Showunmi out we nearly beat Middlesbrough away, whats your point?

That was a one off game. We will be playing aganist quality oppistion every week. You really think our strike force will be up to that right now?

So you want another two strikers? Thats 6 in total, I'm sure that would be a great morale booster!

I want one, ideally two.

Yeah he is pacey. But he is raw, inexperienced and light weight. I think he will be a good player for City but cant be relied on just yet.

No he isn't. He is a right winger and thats his best postion and thats where he will play

Hes a threat up front. Some of his best performances have been from playing up front and I have no doubts GJ will use him in that position. (he scored 12 goals last season)

But it sounds like you know he will play on the right wing and GJ will drop Betsy so fair enough you must have a good source. :noexpression:

That was a one off game. We will be playing aganist quality oppistion every week. You really think our strike force will be up to that right now?

Yes

I want one, ideally two.

Yeah he is pacey. But he is raw, inexperienced and light weight. I think he will be a good player for City but cant be relied on just yet.

Indeed raw, but so were Lita and Cotterill - I expect a big season for JMW, but thats pure speculation!

jmw has beefed up alot during the close season. I think it was def needed as he was very lightweight last year. i'm also hopeful he will realise some of his potential this season. If he does come good then his natural attributes could make him a very dangerous player at this level.

To be fair the Sproule hattrick at Ibrox was from up front, so he's certaintly another player who can cover that position. But we do need that added calibre in the shooting stakes that someone like Trundle can offer

Indeed, with Betsy and Murray already competing for places on the right I'm positive GJ has the intention of playing him as a striker.

Indeed, with Betsy and Murray already competing for places on the right I'm positive GJ has the intention of playing him as a striker.

I am sure GJ has not signed him as a striker on the basis of 30 minutes up front against Rangers 2 years ago after their forward got injured.

Yes, if we had an injury crisis he could play there as Murray could but it's far more likely that GJ has signed him as a winger given that that's how he describes himself and that's how GJ has used him in friendlies.

Betsy was terrible last season and Murray isn't getting any younger. He will probably compete with Murray for the starting slot.

What so he's not going to try him there first in any of the pre season games.....just chuck him in with an hours notice before the QPR game due to our inability to land a striker ????

Buddy please be aware - Sproule is a winger....!

Anyone can be played out of position - but his position is right winger.

Ivan Sproule is a WINGER

JMW is yet to show us he was good enough for league one let alone the step up

nearly beat Middlesbourough? with aour current squad we may NEARLY beat relegation, but I suspect we wont still if thats good enough for you

Check that word out! People doubt all season long. Personally, I'm a optimist and think we can finish comfortabally above at least 5 teams this season coming.

OK I'll repeat it again IVAN SPROULE IS A WINGER, couldn't give a flying one that someone has put striker on that page, he is an out and out winger

No he's not. Any Hibs fan that posted on here knows it, so ha!

Ere' you go, looky looky here Mr. Knows-it-all - Clicky here

Archived