IGNORED

Worst Game Ever Witnessed?

For me, Oxford away 1999. 0-0.

A cold damp day in January, compounded by the worst display from two teams i've ever witnessed!!!

I would choose Donnie away from 2 years back (I actually thought to myself that day that city were definately down!) but Donnie didn't play too bad that day!

For me, Oxford away 1999. 0-0.

A cold damp day in January, compounded by the worst display from two teams i've ever witnessed!!!

I would choose Donnie away from 2 years back (I actually thought to myself that day that city were definately down!) but Donnie didn't play too bad that day!

I was at that one - that was my first ever away game!! I was in the seating area....great atmosphere from the terraced section behind the goal I remember.

I was at that one - that was my first ever away game!! I was in the seating area....great atmosphere from the terraced section behind the goal I remember.

I can't remember, but i think that was the game where Oxford were on the verge of bankruptcy and made it pay on the day at the mast minute. It could have been the following season, but that was the most squashed i've ever been on a terrace!

Surely has to be the play off final against brighton, that was an awful game. Not just the result but the performance as well. Other city game that wasnt too good, was getting beaten by peterbrough 4-1 i think it was about 4/5 seasons ago now, got a bit of stick in school on the monday after that with living so close to peterbrough.

A non city game that was one of the worst i saw was villa vs arsenal new years eve 2005, 0-0 and neither side looked like they could score even if were still playing all night.

bradford 5 city 0

Bennys first game in charge, 4-0 down half time we were hopeless. Left just after half time as I was finding it more entertaining watching a load of kids having a game of 5 a side in the footy court outside the ground, sad i know

Next game wasnt any better, seem to remember we lost 6-1 to wolves.

Many bad games over the years but this was a very bad week!!!

Bradford 4 City 1 at Valley Parade couple of seasons back.

Utterly deflating, especially as they didn't even play particuarly well.

:crying:

For sheer boredom I remember going to Boundary Park to watch us against Oldham in 2000 sat freezing my nuts off watching us fail to break down a sub standard Latics side. :fastasleep:

The 7 - 1 defeat to Northampton was a bit grim - but for sheer astonishment - the level of hatred and bile after the game at Cardiff a few years back - that would take some beating - although that was not the game itself

Surely has to be the play off final against brighton, that was an awful game. Not just the result but the performance as well.

Thats what i was thinking, not only was it a dull match after promising so much, the atmosphere was rubbish because of too many horns in the stadium and it should have been amazing because we had so many fans, as well as the fact that they played no better than we did and then won because they got a penalty.

In short it had everything to make it a terrible occasion for all involved, well, involved on our side

mansfield away when we won 5-4 a few years back. i no it sounds stupid but left at the start of injury to miss the traffic after the match.. got back 2 the car to find we had won 5-4 scoring twice in injury time!! gutted!! never left a match early since!

Sorry, can't remember the date, but Rotherham at home lost 2-0 (I think). About 10 years ago, one of Jordan's last games as manager.

Always amuses me what short memories people have when they moan about us struggling to beat someone or just getting a draw at home and claiming it to be the worst we've ever played.

bradford 5 city 0

Bennys first game in charge, 4-0 down half time we were hopeless. Left just after half time as I was finding it more entertaining watching a load of kids having a game of 5 a side in the footy court outside the ground, sad i know

Next game wasnt any better, seem to remember we lost 6-1 to wolves.

Many bad games over the years but this was a very bad week!!!

Yep, I remember this one at Bradford, it was a desperate performance. What made it worse for me was that the players tunnel is situated to the left of the away end, and I and a number of other City fans made our feelings of disappointment known to the players as they headed back to the changing rooms at full time. To my absolute astonishment, a number of them were actually laughing at us!! (no names named, suffice to say they didn't remain at the club for much longer). Boy, I was riled that day. Still gets my blood boiling now. :ranting:

And we broker down on the motorway coming home.

Hartlepool the xmas game in the Tinnion reign. I took both of my older brothers down as they were staying with us that year.

I spent the whole game apologising to them for wasting their money, they spent the game reminiscing about the players they used to watch in the 50's and 60's.

I think the game finished 0-0 but by the end I had lost all interest.

1985/86, Chesterfield 0-0 at home, 6416 att. What a pile of **** Came home and swore that I would never watch Chesterfield again. Never mind, only 5 month's after, City were at Wembley and the best day ever, another 30000 City fans watch a fantastic match against Bolton. The worst and best in one season.

Guest Patdfb

worst game would have to be an fa cup at stevenage or kingstoniann i forget it was a Sky game and was awful wnet to the pub to wathc expecting a exciting game. got one of the worst of all time. Season opener against Donny a few seasons ago was pants too. Finally Gillingham at home late 1980's was poor as well just seem to remember the high point being the ball getting hoofed over the East End as the high point. Joy

I've blanked the date completely but it was a while back, for me it was losing 3-0 away at Oxford, Phillips gifted them two goals and we played absolute garbage in front of the usual large away following up there. Still makes me angry thinking about it now. ######ing Flapper.

Archived