IGNORED

Hi Jack This Move

Bristol Boy

Hull targeting Newcastle teenager

Hull have asked Newcastle if Andrew Carroll can sign on a season-long loan deal, reports BBC Radio Humberside.

The 18-year-old striker has been part of Newcastle's pre-season squad but is expected to miss out when Mark Viduka returns from international duty.

Carroll has four years left on his contract at the Premiership club.

He became the Magpies youngest European debutant when he made his first-team debut in the 1-0 Uefa Cup win in Palermo on 2 November 2006.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would be a cracking back up player especially if we get injuries to our target men.

Hull targeting Newcastle teenager

Hull have asked Newcastle if Andrew Carroll can sign on a season-long loan deal, reports BBC Radio Humberside.

The 18-year-old striker has been part of Newcastle's pre-season squad but is expected to miss out when Mark Viduka returns from international duty.

Carroll has four years left on his contract at the Premiership club.

He became the Magpies youngest European debutant when he made his first-team debut in the 1-0 Uefa Cup win in Palermo on 2 November 2006.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would be a cracking back up player especially if we get injuries to our target men.

Haven't posted on here in a while, but kept an eye on things, i follow newcastle in the Premiership and Carroll is hardly likely to move 400+ miles to be a back up player at Bristol City.

both

well, i've thought this one through and there's no hope mate. Not for you, me or anyone else. (i'm now just trying to put myself in the same boat as you and get confused.) i think the confusion started when the thread was titled. It didn't make sense, then i attempted to make a joke about it and i've obv died on my arse. It's not your fault mate, i blame my parents.

I'm not sure on this "get a premiership youngster" idea that people like to latch on to. This particular player has 4 years left on his contract and Newcastle would want him to get first team experience.

So although I quite the idea of a future starlet coming to city they should really only come if they are going to be a first team regular and really we should be getting our own players to be first team regulars not a loanee who has no desire to play for us in the long term as all this does is push back our own youngsters.

Examples :

Ben Foster @ Watford last year - excellent - played all/most of their matches

Rossi to Newcastle - didnt get one start - very bad

Rossi to Italian club : Excellent played remainder of season and got 1 goal every 2 games.

Archived