IGNORED

This Whole 'source' Issue

leepeacock's50phead

God, its like groundhog day on OTIB, whenever ANYONE posts a rumour or some 'inside' news the first thing that is thrown at them is the question 'source' or for those real comedians out there, 'sauce' which then gets replies of red, brown etc which of course is hysterical.

Two types of people will post rumours on sites - the first is someone who has a 'contact' at the club, the second is someone who feels the need to post rubbish - either to wind people up of because of some psychological issue which would probably be better explained on by Pamela Stevenson than me.

The point I am trying to make is that anyone who did/does has a source at the club would be ridiculously stupid to reveal who it is as it could compromise not only future information but also potentially the employment of that individual.

I'm sure many of these people whose first reaction to any rumour is 'source?' will quite happily watch the news and not question it when reporters state 'downing street sources are quoted as saying....' or 'sources close to the government indicate...'

Additionally, just because someone has suggested something on here doesn't mean that at the time it wasn't true. Inevitably, some information is time sensitive so while at some stage comments about a player maybe true, inevitably things can change from one day to the next.

I seem to remember a few years ago they had a ratings system on this forum. I can't help but think if we returned to that the people who talk rubbish on here would soon be exposed.

HOT NEWS ON TRUNDLE (From my good source in Swansea)

TRUNDLE IS THE ONLY PLAYER OUTSIDE THE PREMIERSHIP TO HAVE IMAGE AND MERCHANDISING RIGHTS..This boosts Trundles earnings so the snag and the hold up at the moment with the signing is that all of his image rights with Swansea have to be cancelled and contract torn up..

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Unless you've only just signed up to the board and don't really know adam from eve, then it's pretty obvious who has contacts, and who talks out of their arse.

There are a few people that do have links, and they do 99.9% of the time get their information spot on. Unfortunately the number of people that talk crap far outweigh the people that don't.

So like I said, as long as you haven't just signed up, you know who these people are anyway.

Oh btw, yeah the Source????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? or Sauce comments piss me off as well.

And does it *really* matter that much if the information turns out to be wrong? It's no different to reading the red tops...

The way some people react to a bad bit of info, you'd think that the original poster had swallowed their parents.

Excellent thread this and I agree with it all.

Just to add, I have a decent source who I have grown up with, who is involved with the club and knows the in's and out's as it happens.

However when he tells me he says "Keep this to yourself for the minute mate....." and I have to say that is exactly what I do.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Unless you've only just signed up to the board and don't really know adam from eve, then it's pretty obvious who has contacts, and who talks out of their arse.

There are a few people that do have links, and they do 99.9% of the time get their information spot on. Unfortunately the number of people that talk crap far outweigh the people that don't.

So like I said, as long as you haven't just signed up, you know who these people are anyway.

Oh btw, yeah the Source????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? or Sauce comments piss me off as well.

Thanks Taz - you seem to be in the know. I am a novice to this board. Please can you fill me in on who I should believe and who talks piffle?

Thanks Taz - you seem to be in the know. I am a novice to this board. Please can you fill me in on who I should believe and who talks piffle?

I only know what I read mate :rofl2br:

Put it this way, most of the people that do know something hardly ever if at all post "So and so is signing tomorrow."

I won't list who I tend to believe or don't believe because I'll only get stick if A: I'm wrong or B: someone disagrees.

The only thing I will say is keep on reading the threads, you'll soon pick up hints as to who actually does know something that others claim, but fail miserably doing.

I think that most of us now agree that this current topic has now reached the point of being tedious. Although we are all desperate for some positive news ahead of what will no doubt be a testing season, we will just have to grin and bear it for a little longer. What, in my opinion, takes the edge off any impending news is the constant reference by some to their inside knowledge or their 'source' as they call it. Let's be clear on this, there are probably no more than three people at each club who are invovled in the finite discussions at this late stage. I would respectfully suggest that those involved would not divulge any information to anyone at what appears to be a critical point in the proceedings.

The point I am trying to make is that anyone who did/does has a source at the club would be ridiculously stupid to reveal who it is as it could compromise not only future information but also potentially the employment of that individual.

spot on! that is the thing I can't understand! so many people who know get such info are sooo damn stupid that they post it on here!

somethings it doesn't matter about because it isn't a big deal, (such as someone accidently revealing who was playing the summer concert as he thought it was already public knowledge, DOH!!! :noexpression: ) however revealing inside information on things such as Transfer dealing is just damn right bloody stupid!!! it's well know the local rags read info on here and it appears in the papers then onto other various website which other clubs get alerted to

when it comes to transfers! SHUT THE F@@K UP!!!

I don't mind a little bit of transfer speculation - its needed to build up some excitment, but when every day you get a new person saying "my source tells me this, my source tells me that" it just gets right up my snorkel!

I suppose they do it for Attention and also so that if it ever does happen they can boast about posting it first until they rot.

But this whole Trundle malarchy needs to be confirmed as soon as possible as the number of threads on it is absoloutly ridiculous.

There my views anyhow!

Rant over.

:)

Archived