IGNORED

1 Million For A Near 31 Year Old?

the_real_city

And you say we spend the silly money! Not being funny just think 1 million for a player who has dodged higher leagues all of his career could be a huge gamble?

Mate, I think alot of people here share this opinion, but i hope that many of them also have faith in our boss's decisions.....and if he thinks its worth it then so be it.

It does appear alot of money, but we don't have a great strikeforce without him, so should he keep us in the championship surely he's worth more than £1m?

And you say we spend the silly money! Not being funny just think 1 million for a player who has dodged higher leagues all of his career could be a huge gamble?

And paying £20,000 a week for a striker who is 32 and forever unfit isnt a gamble?

Plus, they say its £1m, but I bet its more like £0.5m upfront, £250k if he makes so many international appearences, a bit more IF we stay up etc

I have my doubts whether its £1m in cash

He may not have played at the higher levels but his goal scoring record speaks for itself - No reason why he shouldn't make the step up.

After all your (ex) Boy Chopra hardly had a great scoring record before he signed for you (23 in 70? with 17 in League 1), but you gave him the chance at CCC level and the rest is history...

(And yes before you say it...he is 23...you signed him for 500k...sold for 5mil...ok ok ok) ;)

Trundle has never had explosive pace like some strikers. His strenghts are his ability to hold the ball up, finishing and creating something from nothing, there is no reason he can't do this at championship level for another 5 years.

1 mil for a 31 year old would have been far riskier if we the player was reliant upon pace...

Trundle has never had explosive pace like some strikers. His strenghts are his ability to hold the ball up, finishing and creating something from nothing, there is no reason he can't do this at championship level for another 5 years.

1 mil for a 31 year old would have been far riskier if we the player was reliant upon pace...

Well said :clapping:

Archived