IGNORED

Defence?

CityCiderEd

I know it's only a few friendlies, which are played at this stage mainly for developing fitness, but is anyone slightly concerned with the defence leaking a few, i know we were brilliant at the back last year, but does anyone think we should maybe get a bit of cover in, in case things go a bit pear shaped after 8 - 10 games?............just a thought. by the way i'm not meaning to sound negative, if thats how its coming across. :city:

I was thinking the same thing but as you say friendlies are not just about results - fitness and finding partnerships more important imo. However it does concern me slightly that we are conceding a few too many goals as i do believe that with all respect to Forest Green and Torquay that they should not pose a 2-4 goal threat against what i consider a talented bunch of defenders (as last seasons defensive record showed). In saying all this I still have great faith in the defence and i still think it is the area that we least need to worry about improving. I think that Yeovil tomorrow will give us more indication as to what we should be expecting come 11th August!

Clevedon Red

Archived