IGNORED

Be A Bbc Reporter For The Day

phantom

• Admin

This looks like a great opportunity for somone !

Taken from the BBC sport site

Be a reporter for the day

Are you a big Bristol City fan?

Think you can cut the mustard as a reporter?

We want a rookie reporter to cover the City-Yeovil friendly on Saturday afternoon.

And there will be a chance to attend the post-match press conference, and pitch a few questions to manager Gary Johnson.

So, what do you have to do?

Get along to the BBC News and Sport Tour (Interactive Marquee tent) in Anchor Square, Bristol, from midday on Friday for your chance to be picked as our lucky rookie.

You must be over 16, and available to attend Saturday afternoon's match (from about 2pm to 6pm) and then write your report on Sunday.

I will be on hand to help you along in the Press area.

And if anyone has a question they would like to put to the gaffer, or one of the players, please post it here.

Cheers

Frank

Guest ashtonyate
This looks like a great opportunity for somone !

Taken from the BBC sport site

Be a reporter for the day

Are you a big Bristol City fan?

Think you can cut the mustard as a reporter?

We want a rookie reporter to cover the City-Yeovil friendly on Saturday afternoon.

And there will be a chance to attend the post-match press conference, and pitch a few questions to manager Gary Johnson.

So, what do you have to do?

Get along to the BBC News and Sport Tour (Interactive Marquee tent) in Anchor Square, Bristol, from midday on Friday for your chance to be picked as our lucky rookie.

You must be over 16, and available to attend Saturday afternoon's match (from about 2pm to 6pm) and then write your report on Sunday.

I will be on hand to help you along in the Press area.

And if anyone has a question they would like to put to the gaffer, or one of the players, please post it here.

Cheers

Frank

My question would be two weeks from the start of the season why has he not signed a target man which the side is desperate for

Guest ashtonyate
Honestly, do you ever give it a rest?

no not really its a fair question and a relavent one in two weeks time the s~~~ will hit the fan

• Admin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/6921236.stm

From supporter to reporter

By Scott Hendy

Rookie reporter, BBC News and Sport On Tour, Bristol

New Bristol City striker Lee Trundle could soon repay his £1m transfer fee judging by his scoring debut at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

Manager Gary Johnson called him a "bums on seats" player, and there's good reason why his signing might lead to an extra two or three thousand new season tickets being sold before the season starts against QPR on 11 August.

At about £400 per season ticket, that is good business already.

I was invited, as part of the BBC News and Sport Tour which was visiting Bristol, to be a rookie reporter in the press area for Saturday's 2-2 friendly draw with Yeovil Town.

Trundle, who will complete his move on Monday, scored City's first and had a part in the late equaliser as they came back from being two down at half-time.

Afterwards, he obviously knew what he was going to say - no surprise really for a man who had his own image rights deal with previous club Swansea.

He was very professional, very well turned out. Trundle has definitely got something about him.

There are mates of mine, who only really watch the Premier League, but say he is one of the best lower division players they have seen and he will clearly be missed in south Wales.

The striker seemed genuinely excited about stepping up from League One and playing in the Championship.

"I'd like to be a fans' favourite because it means you are doing something right, and hopefully I can do that here," said the 30-year-old.

"It was a very hard decision to leave Swansea, but I had to think about my career and playing at the highest level. I spoke to family and friends, and it was a chance I couldn't turn down."

After the Yeovil game, City manager Johnson was quite funny and approachable.

He recognised his side were out of sorts in the first half, when former Robins' striker Marcus Stewart scored twice against his old club, and things weren't gelling.

Reading between the lines, I think Johnson gave them a bit of the hairdryer treatment at half time!

I asked him whether any more signings were on the cards as some supporters are concerned that the players he has brought in are all forwards.

That was what happened the last time we got promoted to the second tier, and we were relegated straight away.

"You are always looking to improve your squad when the right person becomes available - and sometimes it suits, and sometimes it doesn't," said Johnson.

"There is a difference between managers and supporters in that if things aren't going well, some supporters would change all 11 players.

"But I think there may be one or two who could add that little bit of extra strength."

He said the Trundle signing was a footballing decision first and foremost, but was aware that an extra two or three thousand season ticket sales could be the difference between being in the red and in the black financially.

It was definitely an interesting insight into the workings of the press and the club, and the relationships they have.

The managers and players could be cagey at times, with some people trying to choose their words carefully.

As for the game, it was a different way of watching for me, as someone who is just an ordinary Bristol City season-ticket holder.

The match felt a lot shorter - you are constantly writing things down as a reporter whereas if you are a fan, your mind can drift a little bit.

It wasn't the most exciting of games, but the 90 minutes seemed shorter than any game I've been to.

Archived