IGNORED

Kayodi Odejayi

Guest barnsley

i Played alongside him up to the age of 15 mate, the bloke i can honestly say is explosive. He, like most strikers breeds on confidence. 4 in 3 and i imagine he's buzzing right now. I was gutted when he didn't get kept on at the city. He's got the natural attributes at this level, his pace is something else. I wish him the best of luck and really believe we'll rue the day we decided he wasn't for us.

What was he like for you?

Some of your fans said shit, some say good

Scored 4 in 3 for us so far

Barnsley

Nothing particlarly special, very young and very raw. Fair play he has progressed better than I thought he would. 10 goals would be a pretty decent return in his first season in the Championship.

Guest barnsley

Thanks alot

Well our 3 strikers are giving Davey a headache for who to start v Coventry

Team that played Buxton tonight will play v Rotherham tommorow, which is starnge, 2 games in 2 days

Ferenczi Odejayi and Mostto all 3 strikers scored today in a game which we won 3-1 and sounds like this Mostto's goal was a absolute screamer.

Would love 4-3-3 1st game but we have too many midfielders to be playing that formation.

So up to now i reckon Davey will choose Mostto and Odejayi

Thanks alot

Well our 3 strikers are giving Davey a headache for who to start v Coventry

Team that played Buxton tonight will play v Rotherham tommorow, which is starnge, 2 games in 2 days

Ferenczi Odejayi and Mostto all 3 strikers scored today in a game which we won 3-1 and sounds like this Mostto's goal was a absolute screamer.

Would love 4-3-3 1st game but we have too many midfielders to be playing that formation.

So up to now i reckon Davey will choose Mostto and Odejayi

yeah, i can't see you going with 3 up mate. It would make things very interesting if you did though. Whats this mostto like, big lad or pacy git? kayode won't like having to win many headers, well, he never used to anyway. Not that a big forward is needed mind you.

Guest barnsley
yeah, i can't see you going with 3 up mate. It would make things very interesting if you did though. Whats this mostto like, big lad or pacy git? kayode won't like having to win many headers, well, he never used to anyway. Not that a big forward is needed mind you.

This Mostto is a small skillful player who apparently has plenty of pace

As i said scored a beauty of a goal tonight, and he was top scorer last 2 seasons in Peru's top league with over 20 goals.

400k we got him for and if he keeps up his scoring and as our fans say who go to watch him train great touch fast pace etc, then it will be money well spent.

Just need a experienced CB now to partner Lewin Nyatanga who we got today and Heinz Muller to sign and we will be ready for new season

This Mostto is a small skillful player who apparently has plenty of pace

As i said scored a beauty of a goal tonight, and he was top scorer last 2 seasons in Peru's top league with over 20 goals.

400k we got him for and if he keeps up his scoring and as our fans say who go to watch him train great touch fast pace etc, then it will be money well spent.

Just need a experienced CB now to partner Lewin Nyatanga who we got today and Heinz Muller to sign and we will be ready for new season

wish you the best of luck (unless we're both in a relegation battle, which i doubt). Looks a nice bit of scouting on paper mate. 400k for a goal scorer in this league will be a great bit of business.

Guest barnsley

Cheers

Hows your squad shaping up

Rumours for us are we are signing

Heinz Muller - German Keeper, already agreed terms he's eith ours this month if Lillestrom get new keeper or in November when there season ends.

David Unsworth - Apparently Rob Kozluk has persuaded him to join

Souza - A Brazilian defender on trial, played tonight, didnt put a foot wrong

We needed a left winger and we've signed one in mckindoe, we also needed some class and a bit of a goal scorer, we've signed trundle. Ivan sproule will also add to our attacking options. So all in all i think we've spent money well mate. We're very wet behind the ears as a squad in this league but the difference between us now and when we came upo last time is that we now have a unit to build on. So long as they don't get caught in the headlights ( which i'd have to say i don't think Johnson will let them, he seems to know what he's about and has a squad of players that look as though they want to play for him. He's a good motivator and i'm sure he'll have installed a great sense of belief within the team) we should be fine. Some fans will always moan that we need this that and the other but until christmas we really just have to have a bit of faith in the lads and hope they can deliver.

Personally, i think the chance is there for us to grow even further and i personally believe we will be safe by christmas. Red goggles and all that but if you read the rest of this forum you'll understand that the delivery of red goggles got caught up in the floods this year and most haven't made it into retail.

how about yourselves, confident or not?

Guest barnsley
We needed a left winger and we've signed one in mckindoe, we also needed some class and a bit of a goal scorer, we've signed trundle. Ivan sproule will also add to our attacking options. So all in all i think we've spent money well mate. We're very wet behind the ears as a squad in this league but the difference between us now and when we came upo last time is that we now have a unit to build on. So long as they don't get caught in the headlights ( which i'd have to say i don't think Johnson will let them, he seems to know what he's about and has a squad of players that look as though they want to play for him. He's a good motivator and i'm sure he'll have installed a great sense of belief within the team) we should be fine. Some fans will always moan that we need this that and the other but until christmas we really just have to have a bit of faith in the lads and hope they can deliver.

Personally, i think the chance is there for us to grow even further and i personally believe we will be safe by christmas. Red goggles and all that but if you read the rest of this forum you'll understand that the delivery of red goggles got caught up in the floods this year and most haven't made it into retail.

how about yourselves, confident or not?

Id settle for mid table

But if these players are as good as they were for other clubs then I'm aiming higher

Nyatanga is 1 hell of a signing for us, beat of Wolves West Brom Real Soceidad Sheffield Wednesday and a few more for him so I'm happy

Werling sounds a nasty bugger, loves to tackle, broke Maricano Brumas hand

We were letting goals in every game last season so with experience of Kozluk, another expereienced CB (Unsworth?) alongisde Nyatanga with Werling at lb i will be really happy

Midfield, we have too many to choose from but i would have Devaney Johnson Howard Ricketts but i also rate Togwell and McCann.

And strikers as ive said 1 of them will be left out but with way Ferenczi celebrated his goal tonight he knows he has to impress Davey

If rumours are true this will be team v Coventry i reckon

Muller

Kozluk Nyatanga Unsworth Werling

Devaney Johnson Howard Ricketts

Mostto Odejayi/Ferenczi

Guest barnsley

Oh well

Just got back from Rotherham v Us

Odejayi - 1st time ive seen him in a Barnsley shirt, had plenty of pace and great at holding ball up, He had a goal disallowed for offisde. Other than that he did fine, from what i saw of him he should be able to make the step up

Adam

Archived