IGNORED

For Christ's Sake

Harry

Ok. I'm a relatively new poster on this forum, but I've been reading for a good long while, and my opinion of this forum is one of utter disbelief. There are some posters on here who have a great deal of intelligence, and there are some whose posts are about as useful as George Bush at a democracy convention.

I'd like to say that having followed City for 20 years, having witnessed a mere 3 promotions and 2 relegations , that right now, I'm kind of excited about the season that lies ahead. There have been many false dawns in our lives as City followers, but can we please all unite and congratulate the board (and more particularly GJ) on a fantastic showing during this summer.

Ok, the Season Ticket prices went up 30%.

Ok, we have to pay to get into friendly matches.

Ok, Sexstone is a proper idiot, and the PR is p**s poor.

But look. We've signed 3 EXCITING players so far. As City fans, all we have ever asked is for us to play exciting attacking football, and for a brand that makes us proud to be City.

I take my hat off completely for the signings of Sproule, McCindoe amd Trundle, and I am looking forward to seeing some flair, entertainment, and value for money at the Gate this season.

I just hope all the whingers don't spoil what should be a great season.

We are small fry in this divsion, and that is the absolute reality. However, with the element of surprise, we can take this division by storm, and signing the likes of Trundle will help that no end. Yes, the bloke is an absolute legend in Swansea. Yes he will have to prove himself to us before we adulate him. But I for one will back him all the fricking way and am positive that he will be a success for our club. I don't really care about the price, I don't care about his wages. For me it's well worth it. If someone can name me a player that we could realistically have signed for £1.2 millon, who has scored 20 league goals for the past 4 seasons, then I will buy you beer at the Dolman Bar each and every game for the whole season.

Lets get real. We are not a big club in this division (oh yes, we can be, but we are not). And making a signing of the stature of Lee Trundle is the best move this club has ever made. This promises to be a great season and I am supremely confident that the signings of Trundle, Sproule & McCindoe are some of the best this club has ever seen.

Sorry to go on, but I've just come back from a large sesh in town and am cidered up and very emotional, having sang "We've Got Magic Daps" all the way through the City Centre.

Come on lads, these biss the good times, enjoy theeselves.

:sign09:

p.s. Jeez, whatever next. Just seen some of the messages on here. For 6 weeks it's been all about "Let's sign this striker, lets sign that striker, we need 2 more stikers, blah, blah" Now we've got one, it's all "We need a midfielder, we need need a midfielder" Get a grip. Remember who we are and where we've come from. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey.

and there are some whose posts are about as useful as George Bush at a democracy convention.

1, I'm sure the Republicans think they are part of the American democracy.

2, The Democrats might disagree with this however.

3, George Bush would stir things up . which would be a good thing for leaders of the democrats and therefore useful.

4, A better analogy might be as useful as Astonyate on a Bristol city fans forum,or is his stirring useful too?

5, No I think the best analogy is me bothering to post on this thread. Now that is useless.

:coat: :mafia::trumpet::drunk2::rolleyes:

and there are some whose posts are about as useful as George Bush at a democracy convention.

1, I'm sure the Republicans think they are part of the American democracy.

2, The Democrats might disagree with this however.

3, George Bush would stir things up . which would be a good thing for leaders of the democrats and therefore useful.

4, A better analogy might be as useful as Astonyate on a Bristol city fans forum,or is his stirring useful too?

5, No I think the best analogy is me bothering to post on this thread. Now that is useless.

:coat: :mafia::trumpet::drunk2::rolleyes:

Extolling the virtues of a murdering, mumbling, stumbling t w a t with a reported IQ of 91?....yes you are right in saying it was a complete waste of time.

I enjoyed myself and severalish pints of Blackthorn last night.......getting up with the kids this morning has not been easy, eyes like p*ssholes in the snow, peanut feedback, and a mouth as dry as a Saharan sunbed,but you are absolutely right, we are in for a very eventful year supporting our club!!!!

Ok. I'm a relatively new poster on this forum, but I've been reading for a good long while, and my opinion of this forum is one of utter disbelief. There are some posters on here who have a great deal of intelligence, and there are some whose posts are about as useful as George Bush at a democracy convention.

Leaving George aside for a while-The posts on this Forum are what they are.Some good, some bad, but going back to a somewhat political quotation along the lines of: "I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend with my life your right to say it."

The difference of opinions is the thing that makes it work and I don't think anyone that you would dub a "George Bush" will read your post and say "D'you know, he's got a point, I'll take a completly different view!"The posts that frost my weaner more than any others are the "cheer up you lot and get behind the team like a proper fan" because when I've been stood on a freezing cold terrace at Doncaster or Hartlepool for a midweek game in darker days, those people are nowhere to be seen

I'd like to say that having followed City for 20 years, having witnessed a mere 3 promotions and 2 relegations , that right now, I'm kind of excited about the season that lies ahead. There have been many false dawns in our lives as City followers, but can we please all unite and congratulate the board (and more particularly GJ) on a fantastic showing during this summer.

And there you have it-We don't yet know that their performance is fantastic although I, like you, am pleased so far providing Trundle signs on Monday which seems nailed on.We'll know if ST price hikes were the right thing to do soon enough and I have genuine sympathy for those who can't afford it particularly after keeping the faith for longer than certain people have even been associated with BCFC.

As you say the PR is pi$$ poor and that doesn't help.

IF we perform/compete in the CCC, then that is the time to congratulate people.If we're bottom at Xmas, then questions will be asked and if you think there's some negativity or adverse/unintelligent comment now, you just wait and see what's being said if, God forbid, that happens

But look. We've signed 3 EXCITING players so far. As City fans, all we have ever asked is for us to play exciting attacking football, and for a brand that makes us proud to be City.

What we know is that we have signed four players:

Henderson-We probably won't see play next season, barring injuries.

Sproule-Any player that can score a 28 min hat-trick at Ibrox can't be bad but with no expereince in the CCC, let's see him play before we get carried away.

McIndoe-Much needed player who has performed well, albeit briefly at CCC level-Hopeful about this one but let's see as he's also had about five clubs this year.

Trundle-Class act at L1 level, let's hope he can step up, I think he can, but one could ask why nobody's snapped him up before?

I take my hat off completely for the signings of Sproule, McCindoe amd Trundle, and I am looking forward to seeing some flair, entertainment, and value for money at the Gate this season.

So am I, but let's see them play first before we give GJ a ten year contract or Knight SL

If it's a great season, very few will winge-What constitutes a great season for you

We are small fry in this divsion, and that is the absolute reality. However, with the element of surprise, we can take this division by storm, and signing the likes of Trundle will help that no end.

Agreed

Yes, the bloke is an absolute legend in Swansea. Yes he will have to prove himself to us before we adulate him. But I for one will back him all the fricking way and am positive that he will be a success for our club.

Agreed and I hope you're right

I don't really care about the price, I don't care about his wages. For me it's well worth it. If someone can name me a player that we could realistically have signed for £1.2 millon, who has scored 20 league goals for the past 4 seasons, then I will buy you beer at the Dolman Bar each and every game for the whole season.

Good point-The only issue is the step up in class.That applies to all of our players, not just LT

Lets get real. We are not a big club in this division (oh yes, we can be, but we are not).

True on both counts

And making a signing of the stature of Lee Trundle is the best move this club has ever made.

Whoa there.Better than signing Paul Cheesley, Brian Tinnion, Norman Hunter, Andy Cole, Bob Taylor? This is the sort of OTT statement that goes to far.The bloke hasn't kicked a ball yet.It is a relatively high profile signing for the Soccer AM generation, I agree and I am pleased about it but just steady on, mate.

This promises to be a great season and I am supremely confident that the signings of Trundle, Sproule & McCindoe are some of the best this club has ever seen.

As Ronald Reagan said "There you go again!"

Sorry to go on, but I've just come back from a large sesh in town and am cidered up and very emotional, having sang "We've Got Magic Daps" all the way through the City Centre.

Glad you enjoyed yourself

I don't know anyone that's not delighted to be here.In some cases they're delighted for City without actually being able to afford to attend AG with their families and that should be taken into consideration when we all stopped congratulating everyone before a balls kicked.As you say, these are the good times-or rather they should be, but let people approach them in their own way.Speaking for myself I'm approaching the season with an expectation of competing and, for me, that means being in or around the top ten/twelve and having a tilt at the play offs-As a fall back, I'll accept survival in the CCC-but it's not an expectation and I'll be far from satisfield if we finish just outside the relegation zone.

p.s. Jeez, whatever next. Just seen some of the messages on here. For 6 weeks it's been all about "Let's sign this striker, lets sign that striker, we need 2 more stikers, blah, blah" Now we've got one, it's all "We need a midfielder, we need need a midfielder" Get a grip. Remember who we are and where we've come from. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey.

The reality is that as we introduce better players and, according to the SL/GJ philosophy, all of our signings are/will be "better than what we've got" we will always need one or two more players-Man Utd won the Prem and got to The Champions League Semis and they've signed 4/5 players.That's how you improve

We are small fry in this divsion, and that is the absolute reality. However, with the element of surprise, we can take this division by storm, and signing the likes of Trundle will help that no end. Yes, the bloke is an absolute legend in Swansea. Yes he will have to prove himself to us before we adulate him. But I for one will back him all the fricking way and am positive that he will be a success for our club. I don't really care about the price, I don't care about his wages. For me it's well worth it. If someone can name me a player that we could realistically have signed for £1.2 millon, who has scored 20 league goals for the past 4 seasons, then I will buy you beer at the Dolman Bar each and every game for the whole season.

Lets get real. We are not a big club in this division (oh yes, we can be, but we are not). And making a signing of the stature of Lee Trundle is the best move this club has ever made. This promises to be a great season and I am supremely confident that the signings of Trundle, Sproule & McCindoe are some of the best this club has ever seen.

:sign09:

At the 11th we will enjoy ourselfs. Until then we shall moan, being optimistic, pessimistic or even realistic. That's the point with a discussion forum. We all believe we have a point that should be taken into consideration. One thing is for sure; this forum will never become a free church meeting. Good post by the way!

Extolling the virtues of a murdering, mumbling, stumbling t w a t with a reported IQ of 91?....yes you are right in saying it was a complete waste of time.

Did you understand my post?

Obviously not. Are you studying Cryptography? :dunno:

Archived