IGNORED

Bcfc Criticism...

mozo

'Landsdown won't spend' - Around 2 million already.

'Selling club' - Skuse and Plummer still here.

'Johnson bad in the transfer market' - Three highly rated players in crucial positions added to McCombe, Showumni and Macca.

'City lack cutting edge' - Maybe not this season, action has been taken.

'Acadamy...blah, blah, blah...' - Plummer, Artus, Wilson and more pushing for the first team.

Are there more?

Prices, catering, East End, and standing I can't excuse, but some criticism is being smashed to pieces.

Did I mention 'conference manager'?!

'Johnson bad in the transfer market' - Three highly rated players in crucial positions added to McCombe, Showumni and Macca.

'Acadamy...blah, blah, blah...' - Plummer, Artus, Wilson and more pushing for the first team.

Are there more?

Prices, catering, East End, and standing I can't excuse, but some criticism is being smashed to pieces.

well said, Lets give negativity of everything Bristol city a rest till the end of July and August (hopefully after August as well) :fingerscrossed:

Guest The Premiership Reality

Yeah mate well said no negativity will overshadow our season! We are Bristol City and we are a Championship club in the 4th biggest league!

Are there more?

You can eliminate the 'standing' criticism... thats not in City's hands.

Catering is outsourced if i remember correctly.... ok so sack em and re-tender it... but maybe the contract cannot be simply torn up.

Prices..... get realistic... do you think for one moment City would have spent the way they have if prices had remainded static or non-inflation busting?

Prices..... get realistic... do you think for one moment City would have spent the way they have if prices had remainded static or non-inflation busting?

We've discused this. £50 lower rise in season tickets would have needed 1,500 season tickets sold for the saem revenue. If at the end of the season our attendances are less than 15k per week then the club have lost fans (which loses atmosphere and therefore loses more fans /quality players).

A 15% increase would still have been inflation busting. I think to say this point isn't realistic is a little, well, unrealistic.

Good-with another £1/1.5m possibly needed

They are and that's good-Let the window shut, both now and in January, then be really pleased.

I can't remember many people criticising his permanent dealings, it was his loans that got him stick and quite rightly so when compared to some of, say, Yeovils for example.

I think there is an element of "not waiting until the fat lady sings" in your comments and we need to wait and see particularly with players getting injured left right and centre, as I write

I think the Cotterill & LL deals put an end to most of that.Plus Coles, Hill etc.

Not to mix to many metaphors but Let's not count our chickens-We got promoted, fantastic and we've strengthened the squad.All good but we don't know how we'll perform when it all gets really serious on Aug 11th.I'm not saying we should all be dark and distressed but we shouldn't be turning cartwheels just yet either

Low blow, I think and unnecessary

Referring to Robbored's famous (in these circles!) quote is by no means a low blow. It's a reference to a classic Gary Johnson criticism (or speculative comment, intended to cause a stir - call it what you will...). Don't forget that that comment was backed up by some posters at the time, clearly through ill-judgement.

But this isn't a 'kill the moaners' thread, simply a reminder that sometimes our criticism is either wrong, or is answered to. You may say that's an obvious fact, but I think it's worth the reminder, particularly in a summer in which the joys of promotion were soon, for some, replaced by anxiety...and criticism.

I don't know SL and GJ's minds as much as I sometimes like to think. I admit to having been surprised by a few things pre-season, which for me adds to the thrill of supporting.

Innit.

Indeed, and the McCindoe second chance was unexpected too.

Very true although the player signing was discussed last season and possibly in pre-season

I quite agree - rather like when you called for GJ's head after 2 months in charge on this thread here.

Ah, someone who was wise after the event-Not to anal then.

Referring to Robbored's famous (in these circles!) quote is by no means a low blow. It's a reference to a classic Gary Johnson criticism (or speculative comment, intended to cause a stir - call it what you will...). Don't forget that that comment was backed up by some posters at the time, clearly through ill-judgement.

RR was entitled to that opinion at the time and hindsight is a glorious thing-I just hope that we do well under GJ this season because if we don't this post could come back to haunt you in the same way.

But this isn't a 'kill the moaners' thread, simply a reminder that sometimes our criticism is either wrong, or is answered to. You may say that's an obvious fact, but I think it's worth the reminder, particularly in a summer in which the joys of promotion were soon, for some, replaced by anxiety...and criticism.

I think criticism is part & parcel of earning a huge amount of money and being in the public eye.If people are paying for something they have every right to critcise and, of course, that will be wrong on some occassions and right on others.

What a different life we would all lead with the benefit of hindsight.Criticism after promotion was mainly directed at the price hikes and, I still feel, quite rightly so.Whilst some people have been placated by the new arrivals and , on balance, I think they're good signings (depending on the fees, two of which were undisclosed, so how do we judge on a financial basis?) other loyal fans can no longer attend their club.It may also be a grave financial error if POD reduces significantly from last seasons percentage.

ST's could have gone up 100% and I could still have afforded it, but that doesn't mean we should do it.Like wise the way in which The Premier Club was handled and The Millwall fiasco have looked ham fisted.Nobody's saying that having a Premier Club isn't needed to increase revenue, but there are ways to do things and considerations to take into account, other than how much can we make this season.

There is a big difference between moaning and complaining-All that needs to happen for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing-The same can be said for not complaining and acting against poor or unfair decisions in all businesses.

The only real criticism i have about the club, well its not the clubs fault.

I want to be able to stand at football.

And as long as people fail to understand the difference between safe standing & a return to terracing, that will never happen.

Very true although the player signing was discussed last season and possibly in pre-season

Ah, someone who was wise after the event-Not to anal then.

And as long as people fail to understand the difference between safe standing & a return to terracing, that will never happen.

Gary Johnson has already proved he can succeed in Leagues 1 and 2, so I don't worry too much that one day he'll be remembered only as a 'conference manager'...nowt'll come back and haunt me on that one. Myself and RR have debated til the cows come home and are both, I'm positive, fine with our disagreements.

The only thing I'd say about criticism, is that you should be careful not to assume too much or to jump to wild conclusions.

By the way, Trundle's definitely not good enough for us...

IF we struggle in the CCC, wonder how many who CURRENTLY back GJ will be back on here caning him? A la Tinnion, wonderson etc etc. A fair number I reckon. City & GJ STILL unproven at this level. We done the easier bit. The hard bit starts against QPR.

BB is right start discussing this after Xmas. We aint exactly set the game on fire so far. And I remember the hype about Marcus being similar to our Lee too.

To be continued (After Xmas, please)...........

IF we struggle in the CCC, wonder how many who CURRENTLY back GJ will be back on here caning him? A la Tinnion, wonderson etc etc. A fair number I reckon. City & GJ STILL unproven at this level. We done the easier bit. The hard bit starts against QPR.

BB is right start discussing this after Xmas. We aint exactly set the game on fire so far. And I remember the hype about Marcus being similar to our Lee too.

To be continued (After Xmas, please)...........

Was Marcus good in any pre-season friendlies?

I quite agree - rather like when you called for GJ's head after 2 months in charge on this thread here.

But you don't know, do you?

No but neither do you, it's a game of opinions and you don't have any! What honestly is the point of coming on a forum if all you say is, lets wait and see? It's about bouncing around opinions and learning about others. From you there's nothing to learn, why is why you make such poor posts.

Let's see if he can and Xmas would be a good time for an Interim discussion.

Lets see, lets see, i wish you'd get off your fence for one minute. Oh you did, Orj posted a link here, no wonder you don't try to make any sort of judgements anymore! Yes of course lets wait and see, my opinion is that it will work well, what's yours?

I'll be glad when school starts up again because you're a right nause when you've got nothing to do.

How arrogant, you've resorted to the you're young you don't know anything line! Criticise the posts and not the poster BB! You spend enough time on here to know that. The guy with the most posts on the forum complains about someone else having nothing to do... Hillarious!

I left school in 2001, and I work over the summer pretty much full time to support myself in university thank you very much. Pretty stupid comment really. You know nothing of my life. Poor stuff BB, poor stuff.

BB, you're going down hill, you keep resorting to insults and slurs where perhaps once you could've used reason. It's sad to see. I guess that's what happens when you get things wrong time and again, you get scared to post your views and aggressive and upset with criticism.

You've classed yourself as boring, no wonder others will class you the same.

Archived