IGNORED

Magic Daps

TinnionForEngland

What a game he had, at the heart of everything upfront and not afraid to shoot which was nice to see, took his goal well because he had an eternity to wait before he could finish it and nice work from Trundle and Betsy at the end which allowed Jevons to slot home, a very entertaining game in which Yeovil clearly wanted to win, they were very dirty at times.

Wouldnt say they were dirty ; competitive and determind not to be beaten by there bigger nieghbours;

MS proved he can score but let himself down :disapointed2se: by getting shirty with a couple of our boys.

What a game he had, at the heart of everything upfront and not afraid to shoot which was nice to see, took his goal well because he had an eternity to wait before he could finish it and nice work from Trundle and Betsy at the end which allowed Jevons to slot home, a very entertaining game in which Yeovil clearly wanted to win, they were very dirty at times.

agreed fantastic game and Trundle was sensational

Does anyone on here think that Trundle was a panic buy? We desperately needed a striker, Lansdown said a few weeks ago he woulnt be putting too much more aside for transfers and ect which infuriated us fans. So we all had a go on here and asked Steve what his ambition actually was for the future of BCFC and demanded that we should start signing million pound players if we wanted to progress..Then low and behold we make a small bid ofr Trunds which was rejected then Lansdown was then prepapred to pay 1mill for a player that didnt really want to leave his beloved club.. Now us fans are delighted, Lansdown is now under no more pressure from us and all is ok...

Shame GJ and SL havent thoguht about signing a million pound defender this season, could this be our downfall?

Does anyone on here think that Trundle was a panic buy? We desperately needed a striker, Lansdown said a few weeks ago he woulnt be putting too much more aside for transfers and ect which infuriated us fans. So we all had a go on here and asked Steve what his ambition actually was for the future of BCFC and demanded that we should start signing million pound players if we wanted to progress..Then low and behold we make a small bid ofr Trunds which was rejected then Lansdown was then prepapred to pay 1mill for a player that didnt really want to leave his beloved club.. Now us fans are delighted, Lansdown is now under no more pressure from us and all is ok...

Shame GJ and SL havent thoguht about signing a million pound defender this season, could this be our downfall?

If he was a panic buy then bring on some more panic buys please, he was excellent.

we will have to drop this habit of playing only the second half, and giving teams a 2 goal start though. :surrender:

To those who think that Trundle was a panic buy I will say that on today's evidence alone he has proved that he is a better player than any of the fit players available to us in the striking positions. And with Brooker seemingly ten years away from fitness perhaps the simple fact is that a "panic buy" was required. The requirement with the new signings was to "improve" on what we have.

Well, Trundle is better than Enoch, Jevons and Plummer. A fit Brooker is a good player although something of a rarity.

McIndoe is a far better option than sticking Murray, Betsy or Wilson out on the left.

Sproule got injured so it is difficult to comment. However the way Murray played today (and seems to start every season until his contract comes up for renewal!!) suggests to me that Sproule will be first choice when available. I thought that Murray's performance was so poor that Betsy had a gilt edged opportunity to book his starting spot today for August 11. Did he take it? Not very sure to be honest.

As for the rest of the team, we were garbage in central midfield first half and that ineptness led directly to the first goal with defenders dragged all over the shop trying to cover a gaping hole. Alex Russell is a nailed on starter against QPR for me - alongside a fit David Noble hopefully. Myrie-Williams is a long way off Championship standard in my opinion and would benefit from a loan spell in League 1 preferably. Defensively, both right backs were poor, Keogh was shaky, Carey average, McCallister average and Fontaine looked by far the best of the bunch to me. Basso had no chance with either goal and pulled off a couple of decent saves.

P.S. For Basso's detractors it was interesting to hear Marcus Stewart refer to him as a class keeper in his radio interview - he clearly meant it too.

He was good but far from 'sensational'

Worked well with Enoch though.

I agree, lets not get too carried away. I think Lee started brightly and as we know showed some nice touches and took his goal well. But lets face it the guys probably hardly trained this week, woke up this morning thinking he ould be sitting in the stands and he only met his team mates an hour before kick off. So fair play to him, but there's much more to come which is a mouthwatering prospect. The best thing about it was the amount of shots he got away. One of my pet hates is that we don't shoot often enough but LT will change this. Plus we will get a lot more freekicks around the box so we need to work on that too cos' most of the time our free kicks are a joke! (though McIndoe was unlucky with his today!)

Sorry if its been said but if you think he was a panic buy because fans have been moaning lately you are wrong. Read Lee's interview on the official site, according to him "the gaffer's been trying to get me here for a while now".

Sorry if its been said but if you think he was a panic buy because fans have been moaning lately you are wrong. Read Lee's interview on the official site, according to him "the gaffer's been trying to get me here for a while now".

Which clearly this illustrates:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=80547

Trundle has been a target since the end of last season...

To those who think that Trundle was a panic buy I will say that on today's evidence alone he has proved that he is a better player than any of the fit players available to us in the striking positions. And with Brooker seemingly ten years away from fitness perhaps the simple fact is that a "panic buy" was required. The requirement with the new signings was to "improve" on what we have.

Well, Trundle is better than Enoch, Jevons and Plummer. A fit Brooker is a good player although something of a rarity.

McIndoe is a far better option than sticking Murray, Betsy or Wilson out on the left.

Sproule got injured so it is difficult to comment. However the way Murray played today (and seems to start every season until his contract comes up for renewal!!) suggests to me that Sproule will be first choice when available. I thought that Murray's performance was so poor that Betsy had a gilt edged opportunity to book his starting spot today for August 11. Did he take it? Not very sure to be honest.

As for the rest of the team, we were garbage in central midfield first half and that ineptness led directly to the first goal with defenders dragged all over the shop trying to cover a gaping hole. Alex Russell is a nailed on starter against QPR for me - alongside a fit David Noble hopefully. Myrie-Williams is a long way off Championship standard in my opinion and would benefit from a loan spell in League 1 preferably. Defensively, both right backs were poor, Keogh was shaky, Carey average, McCallister average and Fontaine looked by far the best of the bunch to me. Basso had no chance with either goal and pulled off a couple of decent saves.

P.S. For Basso's detractors it was interesting to hear Marcus Stewart refer to him as a class keeper in his radio interview - he clearly meant it too.

thanks for that report, couldnt make the game myself but agree that Myrie-Williams desperately needs a run of games to get his career going and he will only get that on loan elsewhere.

Steady on!! The only thing sensational are your comments.

He did exactly what I thought he would do, good when the ball was at his feet but looked desperately slow and pushed off the ball a little easy for my liking especially when you consider his size.

With the week he had though and the circumstances he did okay and I can only see him getting better and being a positive addition next season.

Promising start.

Which clearly this illustrates:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=80547

Trundle has been a target since the end of last season...

And also confirmed in LT's interview on the official site saying himself that Johnson has been chasing his signature for some time...

If I hear the words 'Lee Trundle' and 'panic buy' in the same sentence again... :bruce_h4h:

Archived