IGNORED

Ticket Prices Today

beaverface

Season ticket holder here, I went to pay my £10 to get in today and was told that it is was £12 for pay on the day!! The £2 discount was only available for pre-ordered tickets before today.

I live in Kingswood and work in Aztec so for me visit the ground and pick up a ticket would cost me more than £2 in petrol; likewise there is a charge for booking tickets over the phone.

Can someone please explain the best way for me to get tickets without feeling that the club has me over a barrel??

I didnt go today,...........& judging by the pics in the Liz McLarnon thread nor did loads of other potential '£PoundNotes'.

Despite the Atyeo being closed it looks like the Dolman wasnt exactly heaving, -this must surely be down to the price's charged today.

Where does the economic sense come into it?

Charge £10 - £12 a ticket attract a very small crowd (buying few 'extras') or

Charge say a Fiver adult (&maybe £2 a kid) get hundreds more bums on seats (prob 1000+) whet some casual supporters appetites for the real thing when the season starts proper (& sell loads more extras,-bar take, programs etc etc)

(Every Little Helps, ask Tesco!, BOGOF's are better than buggah-offs -cant see any point or benefit in empty seats at all, stack 'em high-sell 'em cheap!)

Sexton Rules OK! -another great PR (& profit) opportunity goes out the window.. promotion/new signings on show etc -could & should have been exploited & made into a great (inexpensive) day out.

I didnt go today,...........& judging by the pics in the Liz McLarnon thread nor did loads of other potential '£PoundNotes'.

Despite the Atyeo being closed it looks like the Dolman wasnt exactly heaving, -this must surely be down to the price's charged today.

Where does the economic sense come into it?

Charge £10 - £12 a ticket attract a very small crowd (buying few 'extras') or

Charge say a Fiver adult (&maybe £2 a kid) get hundreds more bums on seats (prob 1000+) whet some casual supporters appetites for the real thing when the season starts proper (& sell loads more extras,-bar take, programs etc etc)

(Every Little Helps, ask Tesco!, BOGOF's are better than buggah-offs -cant see any point or benefit in empty seats at all, stack 'em high-sell 'em cheap!)

Sexton Rules OK! -another great PR (& profit) opportunity goes out the window.. promotion/new signings on show etc -could & should have been exploited & made into a great (inexpensive) day out.

WH,

I had the choice of a 'free' day out at the Harbour Festival with the wife or spend £24 (+ EXTRAS) watching 90 minutes of meaningless football....knowing full well, I'd been overcharged. I'm sorry to say that CS didn't get a penny out of me today....but if it had been between £5 & £8, then I probably would have went and spent over £20.

I bet he expected a bigger crowd today if the truth was known.

Still, come 2 weeks time and I'll be shelling out my £25 just like everyone else.

WH,

I had the choice of a 'free' day out at the Harbour Festival with the wife or spend £24 (+ EXTRAS) watching 90 minutes of meaningless football....knowing full well, I'd been overcharged. I'm sorry to say that CS didn't get a penny out of me today....but if it had been between £5 & £8, then I probably would have went and spent over £20.

Still, come 2 weeks time and I'll be shelling out my £25 just like everyone else.

on pasties alone! no doubt..:)

WH,

I think Sexstone also needs to look more at the intangibles.

Free to Season ticket holders + £8 pay-on-day = big crowd, getting behind the boys, giving them more confidence and a sense of excitement going into the new season.

£12 on the day = no crowd, MAYBE more money. but if I were a player I'd be looking around thinking "Bloody hell, does nobody give a damn?"

Mind you, does anyone know what sort of friendly attendances we've been getting for the last 8 years vs lower-league opposition at home? I've not got a clue.

I think Sexstone also needs to look more at the intangibles.

Free to Season ticket holders + £8 pay-on-day = big crowd, getting behind the boys, giving them more confidence and a sense of excitement going into the new season.

£12 on the day = no crowd, MAYBE more money. but if I were a player I'd be looking around thinking "Bloody hell, does nobody give a damn?"

Mind you, does anyone know what sort of friendly attendances we've been getting for the last 8 years vs lower-league opposition at home? I've not got a clue.

I get the feeling the penny finally dropping?

Colin Sextone out, he is a tool

I get the feeling the penny finally dropping?

Colin Sextone out, he is a tool

I'd like to stress that for all my whingeing, it's crucial to see what happens this season. If we stay up, with crowds of 15k plus on average, I'll be happy that Sexstone's done what he was employed to do. And I feel Season ticket prices should have gone up to get more funds into the club.

But if we end up with our "almost 10,000" season ticket holders + away fans and a thousand P.O.D, then I'll call for his head. And if the crowd turns ugly early in the season, expecting us to waltz through the division because they've paid over £400 quid for a season ticket, then I'll call for his head.

With Yeovil today it doesn't look great, but I genuinely can't remember previous friendly attendances.

I'd like to stress that for all my whingeing, it's crucial to see what happens this season. If we stay up, with crowds of 15k plus on average, I'll be happy that Sexstone's done what he was employed to do. And I feel Season ticket prices should have gone up to get more funds into the club.

But if we end up with our "almost 10,000" season ticket holders + away fans and a thousand P.O.D, then I'll call for his head. And if the crowd turns ugly early in the season, expecting us to waltz through the division because they've paid over £400 quid for a season ticket, then I'll call for his head.

With Yeovil today it doesn't look great, but I genuinely can't remember previous friendly attendances.

Irrespestive of how GJ and the boys do this season. I feel Clown Sextone has gone past the point of no return. Bye Colin.

Irrespestive of how GJ and the boys do this season. I feel Clown Sextone has gone past the point of no return. Bye Colin.

He looked a bit daft when he announced that we would break the 10,000 barrier. Maybe we still will, but announcements seem quiet there.

In fact, didn't the club say that when we sold over 8,000 STs the price would go up? And yet now, we've sold "almost 10,000" the price hasn't gone up? Is this because the club keeps counting Premier seating in its announcements?

I should go to bed. I'm getting irritable.

When the 10000th season ticket is bought they said the price would go up not 8500.

There is a 5% booking fee so your £12 could have been £10.50 if you had booked via telephone.

With 3000 spectators today the revenue would have been anything between £16,000 - £30,000 - not sure how much extra revenue would ahve been produced if they had let the ST holders in for free but when the turnover of the club is going to be circa £5m - £6m then any extra revenue produced by charging ST holders to get in is trivial - I hope CS and SL will take note and GJ emphasize next year that preseason crowds are important to make sure the players understand what it is like to play at AG.

Why not let season ticket holders in for free,i for one would of went today.

Mr sexstone surely must realise that the ST holders let in for free would of spent money in the bars/refreshments etc.

If we would of been playing against a Prem team thats a different matter.Mr Sexstone needs to realise its the loyal fans he is penalising all the time don't forget season ticket prices that were no cheaper for existing ticket holders.

Season ticket holder here, I went to pay my £10 to get in today and was told that it is was £12 for pay on the day!! The £2 discount was only available for pre-ordered tickets before today.

I live in Kingswood and work in Aztec so for me visit the ground and pick up a ticket would cost me more than £2 in petrol; likewise there is a charge for booking tickets over the phone.

Can someone please explain the best way for me to get tickets without feeling that the club has me over a barrel??

Mayhave been dependent on who you saw, don't know if I got lucky then but no quote about pre-ordered mentioned when I went to the ticket office. Had a gut reaction for some unknown reason about not alot of tickets getting sold (CS and his over pricing) so took the chance and just turned up. Asked if my season ticket seats were available for myself and my son in the Williams and duly paid £11 for the two tickets. Also didn't want to pay the 5% booking fee and £2 postage.

There is a 5% booking fee so your £12 could have been £10.50 if you had booked via telephone.

Thankyou, somebody actually answered my question at last!!

So the bottom line is, there is no way to get a £10 ticket unless I effectively walk to the ground because the hidden petrol/booking costs!!

Thankyou, somebody actually answered my question at last!!

So the bottom line is, there is no way to get a £10 ticket unless I effectively walk to the ground because the hidden petrol/booking costs!!

I went to the gate to get mine, and you still get a booking fee if you use a debit/credit card! So you would have to walk and pay cash!!

I agree CS is bit of a berk.

But, and its a big but.

Don't be fooled into thinking Sexstone is making all his terrible decisions. SL is the boss, it is his club, he has the final say. If SL really wanted season ticket prices cheapers with better reward for loyalty he could have made it happen.

I think sometimes CS gets bit of a rough ride.

My Brother and I walked up to the ticket booth opposite the shop and explained our ST was obviously not received as they were still boxed up behind the the guy we were talking too, we gave him our names and ususal ST seats and he proceeded tosell us 2 tickets for £20!

No mention of having to pre-order to ascertain the discount or any hassle.

Sextone is a clown and could not organise a piss up in a brewery, one person being told one thing and another being told something completely different.

amateurish at best.

£12 was too much it should have been free to season tickets holders, I and two others only went because we heard LT was playing, he probably put 500 on the gate.

As for CS I'm sure some of the comments especially about season tickets and 'spin' etc are meritted but I think he does a hell of lot of good things for BCFC especially on transfer dealings etc, while the three letters I've written to him in the last 18 months all have been answered quickly and factually.

Archived