IGNORED

Selling

Guest Eamer

Guest Eamer

We've spent a decent amount of money I believe but are we going to sell any players at all? The only player I think we've got rid of who played a little last season was Craig Woodman and Andy Smith. We've taken on Sproule, Trundle, McIndoe and Henderson and promoted Slocombe, Plummer, Ribiero and Walker. We've added eight and only got rid of two players. Seems our squad is going to be a little too big. Are we going to sell any? If so, who?

We've spent a decent amount of money I believe but are we going to sell any players at all? The only player I think we've got rid of who played a little last season was Craig Woodman and Andy Smith. We've taken on Sproule, Trundle, McIndoe and Henderson and promoted Slocombe, Plummer, Ribiero and Walker. We've added eight and only got rid of two players. Seems our squad is going to be a little too big. Are we going to sell any? If so, who?

Don't forget we got rid of the likes of Lamb, Wring, Grubb and Benyon.

Still a small squad by Championship standards, hopefully 1 or 2 more to come.

As a guess, I would say:

• One more in:
  • Three Out:Partridge, Jevons & Betsy

Rumours persist about Skuse and his exit would surely require a replacement holding midfielder?

Things could hinge on issues such as the fitness of Sproule, McCombe, Noble & Brooker and Sproules availability (1.9.2007).

In terms of the overall squad, we released seven, albeit that Woodman was the only significant player to be released in terms of first team experience.One unusual feature of our signings is that GJ has signed four wide players in the last six deals.

I think we should definitely get somebody to cover at left back. However, i feel we should utilise what we have got in the midfield and see how it goes for the opening 3 or 4 games and if needed then i think we should look at getting in an extra central midfielder on loan until january. I'm thinking of some youngster from the premier league not sure who yet thought...Robert Milsom at Fulham is supposed to be a good defensive midfielder/full back.

As a guess, I would say:
  • One more in:
  • Three Out:Partridge, Jevons & Betsy
Rumours persist about Skuse and his exit would surely require a replacement holding midfielder?

Things could hinge on issues such as the fitness of Sproule, McCombe, Noble & Brooker and Sproules availability (1.9.2007).

In terms of the overall squad, we released seven, albeit that Woodman was the only significant player to be released in terms of first team experience.One unusual feature of our signings is that GJ has signed four wide players in the last six deals.

I make it 29 in the "squad" including 7 youngsters.

I'd agree that Partridge and Betsy are likely to be on their way but Jevons could well be kept- as a left sided striker he would be good cover for LT, and he could feasibly fill in for Noble 'in the hole' too.

Not so sure GJ has given up on him yet and if Betsy goes he's also unlikely to admit to 2 'mistakes' in quick succession.

If City sign another forward, things could change of course, but depending who it is it may be that Brooker is the one to make way.

Guest Eamer
I make it 29 in the "squad"

GK Adriano Basso

GK Stephen Henderson

GK Chris Weale

DF Louis Carey (captain)

DF Liam Fontaine

DF Richard Keogh

DF Jamie McAllister

DF Jamie McCombe

DF Bradley Orr

DF David Partridge