IGNORED

The Question No One Is Asking About Trundle

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

If its true we are paying 1 Million for him what wage is he on the same again or a bit more, 20 K a week or what do you think he is on.

We got to stay up if we come strait back down the club will owe Millions again it makes you think. There is no fall back position because no one would match his wage.

C'mon you guys, you must have made as much fun of the non-slim boy as we did when he came down to HP. He will get you goals I think, but your manager is creating a bit of a troublesome cocktail, and Macca can be a right pain in the arse when he wants to be. Hope the great one knows whats he is doing. I watch with great interest.

If its true we are paying 1 Million for him what wage is he on the same again or a bit more, 20 K a week or what do you think he is on.

We got to stay up if we come strait back down the club will owe Millions again it makes you think. There is no fall back position because no one would match his wage.

Hello

Yeovil/City fan here. I heard City will be paying Trundle £9000 per week. Seems a big gamble if it backfires after a short time. You could of had Leon Best for cheaper and he would of got you a lot more goals in my opinion.

C'mon you guys, you must have made as much fun of the non-slim boy as we did when he came down to HP. He will get you goals I think, but your manager is creating a bit of a troublesome cocktail, and Macca can be a right pain in the arse when he wants to be. Hope the great one knows whats he is doing. I watch with great interest.

It won't be dull, but LT has a rep as a very good pro, and McIndoe must realise that GJ has faith in him. Once Sproule is available, with him and Mc bombing down the flanks, and the likes of Russell and LJ threading passes through, LT will score for fun!!!

it's 7.5k with provision for his clothing line and games/goals bonus.

Marcus looked very sharp yesterday. Good luck for this season lads. I hope for your sake that he performs like/ puts as much effort in as he did yesterday. I don't think he will though, point to prove against us, i fancy he'll have found a few decent pubs now and will spend his afternoons topping up his cider to blood ratio.

Hello

Yeovil/City fan here. I heard City will be paying Trundle £9000 per week. Seems a big gamble if it backfires after a short time. You could of had Leon Best for cheaper and he would of got you a lot more goals in my opinion.

If we want your opinion we'll give it to you.

Why haven't you chucked your hat in for the moderator position yet, you could delete all positive posts making the forum much quicker to read, and change the colours to blue and white!

All that potential mayhem and your glass can remain perpetually half-empty.......

But AY you were advocating loosening the purse strings to buy a striker/pay the wages, are you now saying that the club should have refused to pay the going rate for someone? It's not like you to change your tack on these things is it? :whistle2:

Guest ashtonyate
But AY you were advocating loosening the purse strings to buy a striker/pay the wages, are you now saying that the club should have refused to pay the going rate for someone? It's not like you to change your tack on these things is it? :whistle2:

I don't think that was the going rate I think some times you got to walk away or you get stitched up like I think we did.

I would have paid 3 times as much for a quality player who is sell able if thing go out the window there is no get out with this buy.

What do you think he is on it must be more than we paid for him over the contract

I don't think that was the going rate I think some times you got to walk away or you get stitched up like I think we did.

I would have paid 3 times as much for a quality player who is sell able if thing go out the window there is no get out with this buy.

What do you think he is on it must be more than we paid for him over the contract

I have no idea, I don't think we got stitched up and if his purchase was within budget, then his wages will be as well. But as I say, you were the one who was worried about the cost of relegation if we didn't buy quality.

I have no idea of the terms of his contract, but as has been discussed on here on other threads, his value to us in marketing terms will help to offset the cost of paying him.

I am sure the worry of the clubs finances will stop you enjoying his play though. I expect a recount of how much each goal costs us each time he score or makes one.

It won't be dull, but LT has a rep as a very good pro, and McIndoe must realise that GJ has faith in him. Once Sproule is available, with him and Mc bombing down the flanks, and the likes of Russell and LJ threading passes through, LT will score for fun!!!

aah, the confidence of pre-season.

Were you at AG yesterday? If so, your confidence astounds me!

I expect Lee Trundle to score 15-20 goals but GJ will regret bringing McIndoe in.

:)

S

£1 million paid in installments over a year. Wages? At a guess around £8k. His wages doubled by coming here and I can't believe he would of been on more than £4k a week at Swans.

Agree with that. He will be the highest paid player at the club, without a doubt, which puts him on around the £6-8k per week mark IMO...

Lots has been said about LT's resale value.

If he stays and gets goals for three years then that won't matter.

Let's look at The Doomsday scenarios:

Injury-Can happen to anyone as Brooker proved last season-Can't be helped and Brooker's not very old.

Relegation-There may well be a clause in his contract that reduces his wage or allows him to leave at a significant fee if we are.

As for his age, I am 100% confident we could recoup at least half of what we'll pay from Swansea if we wanted to.

A younger player brings as many if not more issues so, for me, it's all about how succesful he is and we are.There are risks associated with buying any player and there are a lot more positives than negatives in Trundle signing.

He will raise the profile of our club and I think that and his presence, will help in attracting players.

I would estimate his wage at 30 = £9,500pw (£494,000pa)-As a benchmark, Andy Cole, who's 35 and has been discussed on the forum, is on £30kpw (£1,560,000pa)-Food for thought and Pompey can't sell him or even give him away at present.

Well as our chairman Mr Ambition was forced into buying trundle by GJ and the fans its up to the chairman to now finance this move and perhaps tell GJ he has to get rid of a player or two to help pay Trundles wages...Cue lots of talk this week that perhaps Skuse will be off for a mill to Reading and Brooker will be sold for around £500,000 as his career in my opinion at City is over as is Myrw Williams..

Well as our chairman Mr Ambition was forced into buying trundle by GJ and the fans its up to the chairman to now finance this move and perhaps tell GJ he has to get rid of a player or two to help pay Trundles wages...Cue lots of talk this week that perhaps Skuse will be off for a mill to Reading and Brooker will be sold for around £500,000 as his career in my opinion at City is over as is Myrw Williams..

And after the season he had last time out and taking into account the fact he still isn't fit, who's going to buy SB for £500k?

Why do you say JMW's career is over?

I don't think we'd miss Skuse that much at all to be honest and, at £1m, I'd bite anyone's hands for that. Brooker is worth nowhere near £500k. We'd be lucky to get £250k for him. If anyone goes now I'd put money on it being Jevons for around £150k.

Stewart can be a bigger pain in the arse mate, that's why he's with you.

I watch with great interest.

Fair point, and for me the jury is still out on Marcus. However, he is a clever little player, but needs clever players around him, and that is hopefully happening. I wish you guys luck this season, but with that little sh*te McIndoe in your team, watch out for disruption. I watch with great interest!! :)))

Fair point, and for me the jury is still out on Marcus. However, he is a clever little player, but needs clever players around him, and that is hopefully happening. I wish you guys luck this season, but with that little sh*te McIndoe in your team, watch out for disruption. I watch with great interest!! :)))

GJ said "We had three great years, followed by two bad weeks"........probably the mature view to take?

Once concern I have is that we have a few explosive characters in our team:Orr, McAllister, Sproule, McIndoe.......even Trundle!

Carey can be a "touch aggressive," at times, Johnson's lippy and I wouldn't want to go three rounds with Brooker all that much-McCombe's tough, but a calmer,more laid back character like Skuse & Showunmi.Basso can be excitable but being a GK he's not in the thick of it that much.I can't remember Murray having many disciplinary problems.

Handling characters & maintaining discipline will be a big part of GJ's job this season.

I understand its 11k per week, i'm sure that went down like a lead balloon in the dressing room.

it's 7.5k with provision for his clothing line and games/goals bonus.

Marcus looked very sharp yesterday. Good luck for this season lads. I hope for your sake that he performs like/ puts as much effort in as he did yesterday. I don't think he will though, point to prove against us, i fancy he'll have found a few decent pubs now and will spend his afternoons topping up his cider to blood ratio.

Johnson said on city world he is not on a goal bonus that way he will become a team player. Not sure how much he is on but has sorted out image rights with swansea so we may well be seeing some trundle clothes on sale in the club shop soon.

£5000 at Swansea, £9500 at BCFC..........

Hard decision

Hello

We could have had LB could we?

How do you know this?

Do you know he was gasping to play for us?

I think your right. Trundle must be on at least 25k a week and when we get relegated we will be hundreds of millions in debt.

You foresight AY is nothing short of astounding! Thank god your here to lead the way :noexpression:

Archived