IGNORED

First Team Squad

Bristol Boy

FIRST TEAM:

GK:Basso-Weale-Henderson (3)

RB:Carey, Orr, Keogh,Wilson B,Wilson J (5)

LB:McAllister, Fontaine, Ribiero (3)

CH:McCombe, Carey,Keogh, Fontaine, Partridge (2)

CM:Skuse, Noble, Johnson, Russell,Artus (5)

RW:Murray, Betsy, Wilson B, Sproule (3)

LW:Wilson B, Betsy, Murray, JMW, Showunmi,McIndoe (3)

CF:Brooker, Showunmi, Trundle (2)

ST:Jevons, JMW, Plummer (2)

That's about a 28 Man First Team Squad:

Plummer, Artus, Wilson J, Henderson & Ribiero (5) have played little or no first team football and the indications in pre-season is that they'll have to be patient.

BIG QUESTIONS

How many players, not including LT, will we sign between now & Aug 10th?

What positions?

Any Names?

Will Anyone Leave & How Much For?

Barring signings and injuries, what will the starting XI & formation be against QPR and will we play the same formation home & away at the start of the season??

Over to you :city:

I`d be very suprised to see anyone else coming in now and unless someone comes in with a silly offer ( unlikely as i don`t think we really have anyone on the books that warrants a silly offer ) i can`t see anyone else leaving.

I think thats the squad and i don`t see any changes until at least xmas.

PDG

BIG QUESTIONS

How many players, not including LT, will we sign between now & Aug 10th?

I think we'll get one at most but wouldn't be surprise if we stick with what we got now.

What positions?

I personally would be looking at a pacy striker with a bit of pedigree to partner Trundle and a ballwinning midfielder.

Any Names?

I like the idea of Danny Webber seeming as he appears to be surplus to requirements at Sheff Utd and Seth Johnson could be the latter on a one-year deal as I believe he's still a freebie...

Will Anyone Leave & How Much For?

Jevo the most likely though his goal yesterday may have given him another stay of execution.

Barring signings and injuries, what will the starting XI & formation be against QPR and will we play the same formation home & away at the start of the season??

I think GJ will line up 4-4-2; Basso, Orr, McCombe, Carey, McAllister, Sproule, Johnson, Skuse, McIndoe, Trundle, Showunmi but Wilson looked a lot better at right-back than Orr and I'd have Russell in ahead of Skuse.

Over to you :city:

I thought Sproule misses the first four games?

Oh yeah, forgot about that although I haven't heard anything confirming/denying this so who knows. I suppose Betsy or Wilson will line up there if that's the case then :disapointed2se:

Oh yeah, forgot about that although I haven't heard anything confirming/denying this so who knows. I suppose Betsy or Wilson will line up there if that's the case then :disapointed2se:

Probably Murray.

I've a sneaking feeling that,if Noble's injured- barring injuries, departures & signings, the side that started yesterday will be pretty close to the starting line up against QPR.Russell may replace Skuse but I can't see to many others.

Probably Murray.

I've a sneaking feeling that,if Noble's injured- barring injuries, departures & signings, the side that started yesterday will be pretty close to the starting line up against QPR.Russell may replace Skuse but I can't see to many others.

Yeah, with the obvious inclusion of McCombe at cente-back I think you're right there. Going on what I've seen so far in pre-season though, I'd definately start BW and right-back and Russell ahead of Skuse against QPR. Orr dozed off a few times yesterday and mixed that with the usual poor distribution, backing up my theory that he could be found wanting at Championship level. Russell gave the midfield a much more solid balance and if we could start him and get 60mins out of him then Skuse could come on and sure it up a bit...

FIRST TEAM:

GK:Basso-Weale-Henderson (3)

RB:Carey, Orr, Keogh,Wilson B,Wilson J (5)

LB:McAllister, Fontaine, Ribiero (3)

CH:McCombe, Carey,Keogh, Fontaine, Partridge (2)

CM:Skuse, Noble, Johnson, Russell,Artus, Elliot (6)

RW:Murray, Betsy, Wilson B, Sproule (3)

LW:Wilson B, Betsy, Murray, JMW, Showunmi,McIndoe (3)

CF:Brooker, Showunmi, Trundle (2)

ST:Jevons, JMW, Plummer (2)

That's about a 29 Man First Team Squad:

Plummer, Artus, Wilson J, Henderson & Ribiero (5) have played little or no first team football and the indications in pre-season is that they'll have to be patient.

Archived