IGNORED

Christian Roberts

Tim S

Christian Roberts is not a Bristol City player. Hasnt been for some time. Has anyone else noticed that his picture (I think diving when celebrating scoring against Hartlepool in the play off semi final a few years back) keeps appearing randomly at the top of this forum in the top left where this small pictures usually appear??

Its never really bothered me, and never really paid it much attention but with the new season starting and all that, isnt it time we changed it?!?!

OK OK !!!! Maybe I shouldnt have mentioned it! Doh!!!

Well, the other images I never really noticed and never clocked what they were for - it was just the Christian Roberts one that seemed to catch my eye and always wondered why it was still there!

But if its a history of great moments then yeah ok then it should stay!! Stupid me!

Don't think it is just great moments as it also includes various crowd scenes and a picture of a Bristol City Puma shirt, although in fairness it was a great moment when TFG were bombed out for a proper make.

As for Roberts, yeah it was a great moment - he slid right in front of me and my eldest at the front of the Williams, awesome- but, he could have done more for us if Lita hadn't stolen his place by scoring goals!

Guest Eamer

I questioned this once before but understand why it is there. John Atyeo doesn't play for us anymore but his picture is being rotated too... Should that be removed?

I questioned this once before but understand why it is there. John Atyeo doesn't play for us anymore but his picture is being rotated too... Should that be removed?

no it should stay, John Atyeo sets the bench with his record that any player that pulls on the red shirt should aspire to be,

sadly no one will ever come close but the target is there.

Now this is a player we should bring back IF we are looking for another forward

Great point. GJ said it was watching the Hartlepool game that made him realise the great potential at City.

Roberts led the fight back that night with the pinpoint cross for Goodfellow's header before that unforgettable winner.

He lost his way at City under Tinnion and obviously had personal problems but GJ rated him and it would be interesting now to see how GJ could lift his career.

Roberts has real potential to be a matchwinner and crowd favourite under the right manager.

SL used to co-commentate on Radio Bristol and seemed a big Robbo fan as well, so you never know. :fingerscrossed:

So here a lot of us praising Roberts to the hilt, reminiscing about Hartlepool - rightly so. Saying he could do a job for us..........

Yet how many people booed him everytime he got the ball against us on Tuesday night. I didn't (Hand on heart) without his goal v Hartlepool our world would be a duller place.

Its about respect - he didn't leave under a cloud, slag off the manager, he was released (Yes he had problems off the field.)

He did a good job for us and should be acknowledged as such..

I was never his biggest fan but Tuesday's reaction was uncalled for..

Yet how many people booed him everytime he got the ball against us on Tuesday night.

First I've heard of that - that's truly pathetic. How many was it? I'd say 10%, at most, were against him while he was at City but they were a very vocal and persistent minority.

He did a good job for us and should be acknowledged as such..

He created half a dozen of the most memorable City moments in recent years, in the process giving these same boo-boys at least a couple of fantastic football memories they will savour for many years.

I was never his biggest fan but Tuesday's reaction was uncalled for..

Certainly was, Roberts never did anything to inspire such oafish behaviour, quite the opposite. Shame on them.

Keep the Robbo picture. Very undervalued in my opinion, and was never given the praise that he should have received from large sections of the supporters, but hey that's football.

He was a part of possibly one of the biggest moments in recent BCFC History. His goal sent the ground rocking...literally!!

My favorite moment was the 90+++++ minute winner against Mansfield

While nothing can ever compete with actually being at a game, radio commentary can still provide some evocative memories, and the recollection of the Mansfield match still sends a shiver... So while I wasn't there to see Roberts' unleash his 90th + minute rocket, the drama, tension and sheer incredulity of that win will stay with me for a very long time.

Players, like Roberts, who have a never-say-die attitude, are a rare thing in my book.

It was more than 10%, I can also say hand of heart i did not boo or call him anything - How could i, when the guy gave me one of the best moments of my life when he scored that goal!! I remember it like it was yesterday!! Probs the most wild and uncontrollable ive ever been at football.

Archived