IGNORED

Fav Game Last Season

Midge

Now that we are safely where we should be,just wondered what everyone's favourite game/most memorable game from last season was.

Mine was definatly the FA Cup replay vs Middlesbrough.

£10 to get in that night and drew 26,000 crowd,I'm not one to whinge but it kinda puts these friendlies into perspective dosen't it.

Same price to watch a prem side in an FA Cup match as it is to watch Bournemouth an Yeovil,and once again on saturday we can't sit in the Atyeo.

Now that we are safely where we should be,just wondered what everyone's favourite game/most memorable game from last season was.

£10 to get in that night and drew 26,000 crowd,I'm not one to whinge but it kinda puts these friendlies into perspective dosen't it.

Same price to watch a prem side in an FA Cup match as it is to watch Bournemouth an Yeovil,and once again on saturday we can't sit in the Atyeo.

It has to be the Rotherham game for me, closely followed by the Middlesborough one at the gate!

Doncaster away for me! Spent the weekend, Friday to Sunday on the pi$$ in Donny with a few mates, absolutely quality! Stayed in a nice hotel the other side of the road from the ground, walking distance and with a 24 hour bar! Two wicked nights in Donny town centre believe it or not!

As for the game, who can forget, not muc happened until the 88th minute.....then bang! Get in there Boom Boom McCombe! Pandomonium like you wouldnt believe, still watch it on YouTube now!

Aaaaaaaaah memories

For me while the replay was a great match to be at i think the first match has to be the outstanding one. Scotty throwing his `swinger` for the equaliser was one of those moments in time that seems to happening in slow mo. A fantastic atmosphere, TV it had everything and as you rightly said it gave us the opportunity to go to the Riverside for a tenner for a great replay.

PDG

In the league it had to be Millwall at home.

Forget so called "derby" games against the likes of Yeokal, Millwall was the one that mattered the fans and provided a cracking atmosphere.

The middlesbrough game at home was one of the best in recent years however. Murrays goal was so well taken, and our equaliser so well deserved it really did make me proud to be City that day.

Their were a lot of memories for last season as every season brings,and seeing everybodies replies makes it even harder to single out games as they bring it all back,

The Coventry matches were memorable,especially outplaying them at the Ricoh in what was surely Citys greatest performance last season,I think last year we were certainly better off playing sides above as they didn't sit back and defend us.

I think a lot of sides will come at us this year both home and away which may just suit our game because going forward I think we can score lots of goals,and if McCombe and Carey feature regularly we may just be able to hold our own

My best memory was the Middlesbrough one at home. Once that Murray goal went in the atmosphere top of Block H Atyeo for the rest of the game was amazing (as I'm sure it was everywhere else). Anouther favourite memory is going on the pitch after the Rotherham game, and finally in the East End for the Swansea game.

The best moment for me was Noble scoring against Middlesbrough to put us 1-0 up, but, it's easy to pick that as the best game just because of the level of play.

The best game though I think maybe it was the Northampton game at the beginning of the year, we weren't looking terribly great and to put matters worse we've gotten a red card against ourselves, but in the second half it's turned around and the whole season I think built off that. Of course, it's one of the very few games I actually got to see, but I still think it was a good one for us.

Carisle away for me, no doubt. After that game, you knew deep down we would be going up, brilliant atmosphere even though we went one down, and a quality night in Newcastle afterwards!

Carlisle away for me as well. There was just a feeling after the game that it really was our time to go up. The travelling support was fantastic that day. One of the best away games I've been to.

Tranmere at home was a good'un. Some how I just knew we were going to come back.

But my fav game was Coventry away where we were superb. Some of the football that night was outstanding. I'll always remember a Coventry fan on FiveLive saying we played like a premiership team. A bit OTT, granted, but we were excellent.

Actually IMO the Northampton away game if you look back was the turning point, I seem to remember their being talk of Johnson losing his job if we'd lost,then we fell behind and of course had Orr sent off,but two penalties then £2million for Cotterell and we never looked back.

Actually IMO the Northampton away game if you look back was the turning point, I seem to remember their being talk of Johnson losing his job if we'd lost,then we fell behind and of course had Orr sent off,but two penalties then £2million for Cotterell and we never looked back.

Carlisle away for me. Went up on my lonesome, which can be less than great. But the atmosphere in the ground superb.

Then hammering back down M6, singing, and knowing we were going to do it. Bloody marvellous.

Think I'd go Oldham too, fkn cracking display, think they were top of the League at the time as well, certainly top two - we battered them.

That same week was Coventry away, a fine turn out by both players and fans.

Most enjoyable days were Rotherham and Doncaster (although memories of Doncaster are vague :innocent06: ). Ooh - trip home from Millwall was fun, in stark contrast to the trip up.

Archived