IGNORED

The City Soap Opera...

mozo

Since I can remember following City has rarely been boring. What events in our clubs history can you recall as moments of high drama?

For example...

Benny Vs. Ward: John Ward walks/is pushed as Benny unexpectedly arrives at the club with a vague and bemusing director of football role.

The City arrests: Brooks and co hit the town...and hit some revellers in the process. Parto topped it off by flooring himself when headbutting the nightclub door.

Johnson Vs Stewart/Phillips: The new boss arrives in belligerent style and players toys fly from their prams, thus signalling their swift exits.

Orr's tearful TV apology: Bradley couldn't hold in his emotion at having been sent off for fighting with Carey in a televised game. His fear of Johnson may have played a part!

Any more Dream Team moments?

Since I can remember following City has rarely been boring. What events in our clubs history can you recall as moments of high drama?

For example...

Benny Vs. Ward: John Ward walks/is pushed as Benny unexpectedly arrives at the club with a vague and bemusing director of football role.

The City arrests: Brooks and co hit the town...and hit some revellers in the process. Parto topped it off by flooring himself when headbutting the nightclub door.

Johnson Vs Stewart/Phillips: The new boss arrives in belligerent style and players toys fly from their prams, thus signalling their swift exits.

Orr's tearful TV apology: Bradley couldn't hold in his emotion at having been sent off for fighting with Carey in a televised game. His fear of Johnson may have played a part!

Any more Dream Team moments?

The little pigs fighting the big bad Wolf against Wolves!?

All this hot air about a takeover from oil tycoons?

The little pigs fighting the big bad Wolf against Wolves!?

Ah, that was a belter! :winner_third_h4h:

The 'underachieving giant' document that went around and was publised in the EP - another phoney investor (I've got the document on my hard drive and it looks like it was put together in a high school IT class)

The stand to the East, well the South anyway of AG has created an on-going story line, right up there with 'who shot Phil Mitchell?'.

Gerard Lavin's bizarre show of affection for the Reading fans certainly caused ripples in Albert Square Ashton Gate.

The Goodfellow and Roberts Show has to be one of the all time classic episodes.

As for tragedy, although painful let us not forget those two horrific days in Wales. A minute's silence, please.

WTFIGO, you in the East End next season?

I've actually elected to purchase my ST right next door to Robbored. We can discuss our Golf handicaps, comment in finer detail on GJ's formation and selection choice and how we know better than him, identify our latest group of City fans who haven't been following (or even been alive) for 30 years in which we plan to come home later and toy with on here. All that sort of stuff.

No, mate, wild mongeese shall not prevent my presence in our spiritual home next season. In fact, death itself won't.

I forsee a close (although strictly non-sexual) and much needed bond forming between the old stands inhabitants. Mate, that boat is going to rock! Our paths will inevitably cross.

I'm now off because otherwise in 744 hours time I'm going to be left wondering ''oh bugger, what exactly has happened to the last 744 hours of my life?'' such is the nature of internet forums and my personality.

Rock on, fella.

Archived