IGNORED

Marvin Elliot

Pete1975Legend

Guest ashtonyate
anyone know anything about the bloke other than he came up through their youth system and plays in midfield and can cover at right back?

If he is ok thats the age to buy them at there a positive post

If he is ok thats the age to buy them at there a positive post

Right, a trial effort at using punctuation would be my next self-improvement recommendation.

Not taking the piss, I was genuinely confused until the other poster applauded your new found approch.

HOLY CRAP! :worship2:

Was told last night we were looking at him, but didnt really pay much attention..

QUALITY!

This is potentially a real class player, very young, but a seriously hard working defensive midfielder, i wonder what the fee was?

Wow, if GJ can get this guy enjoying his football again, and build his confidence up (which was all but destroyed at Millwall) then we have a real gem.

Squad is taking shape.

From a Millwall fan:

He is a bit of a fave down the Den. Was. Not of mine though. Bags of energy and committment on the pitch but hasnt got a brain. Not learnt any positional sense in the middle of the park in 170 games. Glad his gone to be honest, fed up of waiting for him to develop.

Sounds like a Johnson signing to me!

From a Millwall fan:

You need to be careful when cherry picking comments from other forums, you might get their equaivalent of AY for example.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1080954,00.html

On the main site now, sounds a good addition, 3 years experience at this level, defensive midfield alternative, Compo paid because he is under 24 and probably some clauses, shouldn't break the bank. I would forget the "right back" stuff though. One game hardly makes him suitable for regular cover.

From a Millwall fan:

I'm sure one or two of our fans would describe Skuse in a similar way, but he is still (alledgedly) attracting interest from a Premiership club.

I'm confident Johnson knows what he's doing, he's certainly the TYPE of player we need.

You need to be careful when cherry picking comments from other forums, you might get their equaivalent of AY for example.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1080954,00.html

On the main site now, sounds a good addition, 3 years experience at this level, defensive midfield alternative, Compo paid because he is under 24 and probably some clauses, shouldn't break the bank. I would forget the "right back" stuff though. One game hardly makes him suitable for regular cover.

Nah, that comment was from one of my best mates - he does sound like a commited player and I know Johnson likes to "develop" his type of player out of one that is a bit crazy...

I'm sure one or two of our fans would describe Skuse in a similar way, but he is still (alledgedly) attracting interest from a Premiership club.

I'm confident Johnson knows what he's doing, he's certainly the TYPE of player we need.

Exactly how I described him to a Reading friend of mine!

Although it is a worry that two youngsters could be given the job of holidng midfielder by Johnson. However, he knows what he is doing...

Guest Eamer
That makes 2 of us right then mate. Few weeks ago i predicted (guranteed) at least 2 more signings before the end of the month. There has been 3 since i said that

We all knew there would be two more. Johnson said so himself!

I think a few people owe Tinman11 an apology.

Tinman11 clearly does have some insight/reliable source

There was a couple of posts (And they know who they are) that were right out of order when he originally posted on this.

HUMBLE PIE ANYONE?

We all knew there would be two more. Johnson said so himself!

And people were quick to doubt/question (whatever you want to call it) that statement when he said it. Around the time when there was alot of negativity on the forum.

Tell me Eamer, do you practice nit picking or were you just born to be great at it?!

Marvin became a target for the 'booboys' after David Livermore their previous target, departed for Hull via Elland Rd. I for one will be sorry to see him go as he is still a young player and has a bright future although IMO the 'Premiership' may be a step too far but after a settling in period i think he'll do a good job for you in the 'Championship'. He's a battling midfielder with a great engine and will prove a good investment for City. If i had to level any criticism at all at him it would be for his lack of goals but if you know that from the off you won't expect too much, cheers Marv and good luck.

Archived