simon uk

This is tough now, but I would go for:-

Basso

Orr, Carey, McCombe, McAllister

Murray, Elliott, Johnson, MacIndoe

Noble

Trundle

What happens when Sproule and Brooker are fit I don't know,

Also, I think there is a lack of pace down the spine of the team, which Showumni would sort out, I can see him playing games, and then a choice being made between Noble and Johnson.

Also, it will be an interesting couple of weeks for the full backs, I can see Wilson getting one of their places if they don't shape up, or JMW getting some time with Macindoe dropping back as per the yeovil game.

Any polite agreements or disagreements?

Si.

Isn`t IS suspended. I don`t know just something i read on another post.

For me.......

Basso

Wilson B Carey McCombe Fontaine

Sproule/Murray Skuse/Elliot McIndoe

Johnson Trundle

Showunmi/Jevons

Let the criticism commence.......

Murray in if Sproule is indeed suspended. Elliot to get nod over Skuse if GJ sees him as ready.

PDG

Basso

Noble

Trundle

Also, I think there is a lack of pace down the spine of the team, which Showumni would sort out, I can see him playing games, and then a choice being made between Noble and Johnson.

Also, it will be an interesting couple of weeks for the full backs, I can see Wilson getting one of their places if they don't shape up, or JMW getting some time with Macindoe dropping back as per the yeovil game.

Si.

. . . . . . . . . . . . Basso

Wilson... Carey.... McCombe... McCallister

..........Johnson... Elliot... Russell

Murray. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . McIndoe

. . . . . . . . . . . . Trundle

Sproule is banned for the first 4 games, I thought the full backs were suspect and it seems others agree. Although Orr was one of biggest players last year, and I figured he will be given the chance to start this season, but I can see Wilson figuring regularly at some point.

Si.

Basso

Noble

Trundle

Si.

A lack of pace down the spine of the team and you drop Skuse? Unbelievable

I bet you don't even know how good this Elliott is, sometimes its better the devil you know!

Why is Noble in so many people's line up ? he hasn't even played a game yet so there's no chance, I doubt if we're see him before late August.

Basso

Orr (just over Wilson)

Keogh (McCombe out lack of match practice)

Carey

McAllister

Murray

Johnson

Russell (just over Elliott for familarity)

McIndoe

Showamni

Trundle

Subs Elliott, Betsy, Weale, Jevons, Fontaine

------------Basso----------------

Orr-Carey-McCombe-McAllister

------------Skuse----------------

------Johnson----Russell--------

Murray-------------------McIndoe

-------------Trundle-------------

SUBS: Weale, Keogh, Elliot, B Wilson, Showunmi.

Given whats been said above, i think this might be fairly likely. Despite not featuring much, if McCombe is fit enough, i can't see him missing out, unless he has another setback. Sproule out and presuming Brooker and Noble arent fit. Johnson will give an opportunity to those that got us here, i believe. Elliot is going to have to fight for his place in midfield, whereas Trundle and McIndoe fill obvious voids. Don't get me wrong, i think Enoch will play a big part this season, but I'm unsure of Jevons' future and Brooker's fitness will always be in doubt.

Keogh, Wilson and Showunmi can all fill more than one position and will be useful on the bench. With players like Sproule, Brooker and Noble out, it seems that we've got no-one who looks like they'd "change the game" available to come on should the first 11 not do the business, depends which first 11 is selected then though i guess.

----------------------Basso--------------------------

Wilson-------Carey-------McCombe----McAllister

-----------------Skuse----Russell------------------

Murray-------------------------------------McIndoe

---------------------Johnson------------------------

---------------------Trundle-------------------------

Subs:

Weale

Keogh

Elliot

Betsy/Jevons

Showumni

Thats assuming Noble isn't fit in time. We played well at the end of last season with 1 up front so I don't see any reason to change it.

Playing 4-4-2:

1.Basso

2.Orr

3.McAllister

5.Keogh

6.Carey

4.Skuse

8.Johnson

7.Murray.

11.McIndoe

9.Trundle

10.Jevons

subs:

Weale, Riberio,Russell,Showunmi,Elliot

I have my reservations about Jevo, but think Trundles touches and footballing intelligence might bring out the best in him.

This assumes that McCombe, Brooker, Nobes are still not match fit. Ivan is suspended too.

I can't believe so many people are starting with only 1 up front at home... Bigger teams or away from home I'd agree with but at home against 'weaker' competition I'd go for...

-------BASSO---------

B. Wilson / Carey / McCombe / McCallister

Murray / Russel / Johnson / McIndoe

----Trundle / Showumni----

Subs:

Weale

Keogh

Skuse

JMW

Jevons

Toss up between Skuse & Elliot on the bench until we've seen Elliot play... Keogh over Orr on the bench cos he can fit into various positions.. Showumni over Jevons cos I personally think that Ewok is a more potent threat in front of goal and has been crying out for a 'provider'..

Nice that this was a hard one to work out though... Show's we've got a good squad cos there are 3-4 players injured or not selected here who I'd be perfectly happy with as well...

:city:

Guest ashtonyate

Keogh-Carey-McCombe-Macca

Murray-Johnson-Noble-McIndoe

----Trundle----Enoch---------

Weale

Orr

Jevons

Russell

B Wilson

Lots and lots of selection headaches, but thats a good thing.

Yes that looks about right I can't think Trundle will play as a target man he needs a big man up front with him.

Could see noble making way for another holding midfielder I think johnson will play defence he will try not to concede to many.

Away from home I think he will play one up front and try to hold what we got.

Keogh-Carey-McCombe-Macca

Murray-Johnson-Noble-McIndoe

----Trundle----Enoch---------

Weale

Orr

Jevons

Russell

B Wilson

Lots and lots of selection headaches, but thats a good thing.

Wouldn't change that team, it'll do for me. but would tell Enoch to stay central, and not to drift!

Barring injuries and any more new signings, GJ will go...

____________Basso__________________

Orr____McCombe____Carey____McAllister

Murray__Johnson_____Skuse____McIndoe

_______Showunmi____Trundle__________

SUBS: Weale, Fontaine, Wilson, Elliott, Jevons.

But personally Iwould go...

_______________Basso_______________

Wilson___McCombe__Carey____McAllister

Murray___Johnson___Russell___McIndoe

_________Showunmi___Trundle_________

SUBS: Weale, Keogh, Skuse, Elliott, Jevons.

Elliott will start the games as the defensive anchor there. It will be a real tussle for the rest of midfield. Probably be Murray, Johnson and McIndoe (if all are fit) Sproule is out for four games I beleive.

As for strikers, will Brooker EVER be fit again? I reckon Enoch will be more use. and hopefully we'll get rid of that expert shadow Jevons. the one game in 10 he plays brilliantly does not make up for the other nine no-shows. Luxury, you bet!

Archived