IGNORED

Settling The New Boys In

Bristol Boy

OK-leaving aside the whys & wherefores of when we've signed players, we are where we are and we've got five new players to bed in before the new season starts in 12 days time.

Henderson-Barring major injuries, we may not see him play all year.

Sproule-Injured on Sat, so will play one more game max before we start the season-which of course, he can't until Sept 1st.Looks like a fit lad as well as fast so let's hope he'll gain match fitness quickly.

McIndoe-Looks a definite starter against QPR.

Trundle-That game against Yeovil will have done him the world of good as will his performance.Looks the type of lad that wll settle in and become a leader in no time and also looks set to start against QPR.

Elliott-I can't even remember seeing him when we played Millwall last season so he obviously didn't stand out but GJ's signed him with a role in mind so let's see.

All in all there will obviously be some acclimitisation needed especially when three players who were nailed on to start, if fit, in Noble, McCombe & Brooker may not make it.

It's not just about fitness but shape, tactics, set pieces, and pattern of play.

Lots to be done but clubs that have signed 10/12 may not start that well until their new signings bed in, even those who have sold and spent big in Charlton, Leicester & Wolves.

Interesting that GJ said "in terms of numbers we may need one or two more" That doesn't auger well for the younger squad members and we could see some loans at an early part of the season.One or two more in and there must surely be at least a couple of departures barring injuries?

After the problems of the 'magnificent 7' a couple of seasons back, I would be very happy if we were to stick with what we have for now, leaving some cash in the bank for the next transfer window once we see what we really need. Why play all the cards so early?

After the problems of the 'magnificent 7' a couple of seasons back, I would be very happy if we were to stick with what we have for now, leaving some cash in the bank for the next transfer window once we see what we really need. Why play all the cards so early?

Good point but with GJ saying that we might need one or two more from a squad point of view and no one transfer listed yet (Has Partridge been listed??) there could still be some movement, just don't know what way?

Of the signings we've made so far Trundle and McIndoe will definitely start IMO. Elliott will probably be on the bench and have to earn a place/wait for a chance, and Sproule will have to fight it out with Murray once his ban is up (has that been confirmed yet?).

I think we'll start 442 against QPR but play 451 in the tougher games particularly away unless Brooker gets fit or we sign a quick striker this week.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jevons, Betsy and Partridge move out on loan "with a view to a permanent move" some time towards the end of August or to see players like JMW, James Wilson and perhaps Frankie Artus go out on loan for 3 months.

Archived